Insurance Question: American Collectors Insurance (GEICO)

Author Topic: Insurance Question: American Collectors Insurance (GEICO)  (Read 1698 times)

Offline spamtank

Insurance Question: American Collectors Insurance (GEICO)
« on: September 18, 2011 - 06:09:04 PM »
Has anyone had experience with American Collectors Insurance, which is affiliated with GEICO?  :dunno:

We have our home and auto insurance through GEICO, and haven't had to collect, and have been happy with them so far.  :2thumbs:

Just looking for any good or bad experience.  I believe that Hagerty is well regarded.  I've renewed my insurance through American Collectors Insurance for another year.  It's reasonably priced.  But, I want to make sure I am not setting myself up for a huge headache, if I ever had to collect.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: Insurance Question: American Collectors Insurance (GEICO)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011 - 07:41:21 PM »
I've used them for 4 yrs and very happy with the price.  Never had to make a claim though.
Originally had Haggarty which is at least 40-50% higher priced.

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011 - 10:41:45 AM »
I've used American Collectors for many years.  I've never had to make a claim, so I can't say good or bad.  What I do know is they are the preferred classic auto insurer of my primary insurer, USAA.  USAA is awesome, so I'm taking their advice.

Offline spamtank

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011 - 11:00:12 AM »
Thanks guys.  Sounds like I'll continue to stick with them.  But I'm still hoping for some feedback from someone who filed a claim.

:cheers:
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline model maker

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011 - 12:20:00 PM »
Your right spamtank, any insurance co. can look good until you need to file a claim. It is HOW they handle it that is important. What is their car use policy ? must it be a certain amount of miles per year you can drive & must it always be garaged ? these are important questions as well as are you getting FULl agreed upon replacement cost ?
Bert

Offline footin70rt

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011 - 03:39:18 PM »
I have American Collectors and filed a claim last fall for a windshield. The glass company I had do the work talked to them on the phone and then faxed them a copy of the estimate, about a week and half later I got a check in the mail for the repairs. No hassling with adjusters, no calls questioning the price, just paid the bill. I'd say it was a positive experience.   :thumbsup: 
Thomas
Driving the same 70 R/T since October 1985
Native of Bozeman, MT

Offline loydholman

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011 - 05:40:39 AM »
Can’t help you there buddy. I’ve been with The Hartford for over a decade and though I compare car insurance quotes every now and then, I haven’t found a better deal anywhere else in all these years. They keep my premiums low, have handled my claims beautifully and have thrown in a few discounts too.  :newbie:

Offline kissalien

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011 - 12:34:46 PM »
Wow. I have worked for The Hartford for over 25 years and don't have my auto insurance with them. My collector cars are insured by ACI.