Author Topic: Just another 8.75 question....  (Read 1574 times)

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
Just another 8.75 question....
« on: January 12, 2005 - 03:07:28 PM »
Hey...i'm gonna run an 8.75 in my car (you all know that) question is..will all center sections interchange to a degree??  The rearend i have has 2.76 gears (gonna be a dog for a Six banger) would a center section out of a Abod dart fit?? 3.55 posi...and will a center section out ofa truck fit not sure of the gears of the truck hoping some where around 4.10s....i'm guessin the splines in the truck one is different..if so how hard would it be to change the gears?? i'm wanting to keep it posi so i'm probably would have to change the carrier anyways anyway to change that with out using a dial indicator and stuff?? or am i just screwed and will have to take it someplace?? thanks..
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline DodgeFreak

Re: Just another 8.75 question....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005 - 06:51:08 PM »
I'm gonna add another question here....my spring perches are on the bottom side of the axle...i'm wannting to get the rear up just a tad..give it a little meaner stance...i was wonder how much lift i'd get if i flipped the perches to the top side?? i dont' want a ton of lift just lift it enoguh to look alittle mean...and i dont' want to buy new springs either...also where can i get new poly bushings for the rear leaves for my duster and will other bushings fit Ex. Ebod or Bbod springs or Mustang or something....or do i just need to know the in and otu dia.?? thanks

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005 - 07:26:52 PM »
All 8 3/4 center sections/ pumpkins/ carriers will interchange , the spline is the same
 if you put the diff under the springs you will raise the rear 4" approx , if you do t5his you must get the pinion angle correct BEFORE welding the seat in place
 Energy has the bushings in Poly but the A body spring uses a different size bushing & shackle  to the B &E bodys

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline DodgeFreak

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005 - 07:43:53 PM »
Do you think the duster would look retarded being lifted in the rear 4inches?? and how would i know the pinion angle is correct??

04 durango 4.7

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005 - 08:20:48 PM »
I guess it depends how low it sits now, 4" is a lot
you need to get an angle finder & measure the driveshaft angle & pinion angle , ideally you want to be approx 5* down with the pinion

Offline DodgeFreak

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005 - 09:23:48 PM »
Heres a pic when i first got it..it had the TQ and some other parts thrown in (probably not enough to make it sag that bad) and it didn't have an engine..i'm thinknig maybe having to get some different springs...

[attachment deleted by admin]

04 durango 4.7

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005 - 10:13:55 PM »
well measure 4" up & see if you like the look , , Super stock spring will definatly raise the rear