Forza 4!!!

Author Topic: Forza 4!!!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
Forza 4!!!
« on: October 12, 2011 - 03:53:47 PM »
My wife got it for me yesterday and its awesome! Some good classic mopars on there, including a 70 and a Dart Hemi sport.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: Forza 4!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011 - 07:00:11 AM »
For an xbox driver game it is pretty good I have 2 and 3 still fun to play I'm not ready to spend  $50.
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011 - 09:40:00 AM »
Correction, its a Dart Hemi Super Stock.

Yeah, its a good game. It has the dude from top gear narrating it too.
Kevin

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011 - 12:15:02 PM »
I think I'm gong to rent it for all of next week. As for buying games, I always wait till the new wears off a bit and buy them half price on the bag. For instance, I just bought NCAA Gameday for $30 and it is still going for $59.99 at Targe'.

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011 - 07:05:31 PM »
Yeah, I wasnt expecting my wife to get it for me. If you have kinect there is a sweet steering wheel you can get.

Go fish, how you been doin bro?
Kevin

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011 - 01:12:06 AM »
Yeah, I wasnt expecting my wife to get it for me. If you have kinect there is a sweet steering wheel you can get.

Go fish, how you been doin bro?

Good. Livin' life. The car is getting back on track after a long time. Last I did anything with it was well before I went to Iraq. Trying to put a savings plan together to get the body and paint done. I'm really enjoying San Diego. I made a friend that has helped me finding the car scene around here. There are a ton of rodders out in East County but very few people in the "scene" here in the south of SD county.

I do have a Kinect, well my daughter does anyway. Most of the games for that are kid games. That's cool that Forza has a steering wheel. When I get some real racing seats I'll have to pull my Summit racing seats (made in Taiwan) out and make a video game racing seat! LOL!

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011 - 05:30:17 AM »
 Yeah, Guys from outside San Diego are building my motor in thier shop out there ( Soledad )they have a pretty cool website with lots of old school vids and have been working on mopars since the 60s. They have a hemi engine for sale in there I wish I could buy.
 I always prefered the PC games to Console games. Still waiting for the new Diablo from Blizzard.  I about broke my thumbs on the New TRON game. Thing is as I get older I don,t play nearly as much but when i do it is for hours and eats up working on the cuder time. My wife and daughter play the lego Star wars and Indiana jones games on the Playstation 3. Love the Tron tank the best reminds me of the HALO TAnks. PC wise I love the Need for speed games especially the ones where you got smokies chasing you fer speeding and they throw spike strips , and all that. And you can hear all the radio chatter on yer scanner. While I was in Best Buy the Other day buying some B-day gifts for the kid I saw a glimpse of a new 1st person shooter Darn thing looked so real I could almost feel the sandflies biting. I almost could not tell the difference from reality.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 - 05:32:56 AM by GranCuda1970 »

Offline HEMROID

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011 - 06:42:33 AM »
Can't wait to buy this one, but I'm holding off as I will sink so much time into it.

I bought Driver 2 purely because it has a 70 Challenger on the front. Painted like the new SRT8 392.
Matt
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack (clone)
2008 Lexus IS F

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011 - 11:45:38 AM »
One of my favorite PC games was Carmageddon the 1st one from the late 90's , Nice getting bonus points for artistic expression when you drive your death race 2000 car with the razor blade that goes all the way over the top of the car at high speed 150mph down pedestrian crowded sodewalk , Or get the splatter bonus speeding into the player line-up of a football game while using your electro bastard ray!!

That game was so wrong on sooo many levels but so fun to play!!!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 - 12:02:47 PM by GranCuda1970 »

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011 - 10:18:05 PM »
As far as shooter games, Battlefield 3 comes out on the 3. Way better than COD. I cant wait for it to come out!
Kevin

Offline cudazappa

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011 - 06:15:59 PM »
Forza 4 makes me want to buy an Xbox 360.  From all the reviews I've read its a giant leap forward for the franchise.  Good for them.

I've sunk more time than I care to admit in Gran Turismo 5....
1971 Challenger - AutoX project
2015 Dart GT - Daily Driver

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011 - 08:28:36 PM »
cool, if my my son hadnt taken the xbox with him to college I might have purchased it. Still might anyway  :bigsmile:
My favorite driving game of all time was a game in the mid/late 90s for the PC which was called SportsCar GT.
Incredible game for its time and I remember spending countless hours in career mode and got real good at driving on numerous "realistic" courses. Sebring was my favorite, followed by sears point, and limerock. Hated road Atlanta, and a couple of the british courses. That game was addicting.
But from looking at some screenshots, the graphics of forza 4 are as close to real as I have ever seen
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline DL74cuda

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011 - 12:40:10 PM »
Best racing game all time had to be Motor City Online

mmo

Offline METAL BEE 68

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011 - 08:52:32 PM »
Love it! Closes't I'll get to owning a 71 cuda :thumbsup:

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011 - 09:11:13 PM »
bought it friday and spent a couple hours over the weekend playing and got to about level 11 or 12.
Bought a 71 cuda as soon as I could and painted it my color, torquethrust wheels, etc. but cant get rid of the elastomeric bumpers!
My absolutely favorite race so far in career mode was Sebring where I raced other american muscle.
Challengers, hemi cudas, daytona superbirds and stingray vettes. It was really cool smashing into the back of those cars and crumpling their trunks! They must have wanted to ban me from their AI club for that!! :roflsmiley:
The graphics are amazing. I wasted no time spending all my winning credits upgrading the cuda to the max.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....