Author Topic: A little project of mine  (Read 2261 times)

Offline 06Daytona

Re: A little project of mine
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011 - 10:55:53 AM »
The paint was pretty basic. I just bought a 10 pack of cheap brushes from the dollar store and used brown, flat black and flat tan on the pretty dry brushes. Once I got a little paint on the brush I would get rid of most of it on a envelope and then lightly brushed the color on. To bend/warp the parts I just used a bic lighter to soften the plastic. I even used a wide brush on the body color and made sure it was pretty thick since I wasn't worried about perfect paint and it left little lumps and bumps for the dirt paint to catch on.

It was actually a good thing I decided to go with barn find on this one. One of the dogs got hold of the front fender fillers and one of the fender scoops and chewed them up pretty good after I'd already decided to make it a junker.

As I get more colors to work with I'll probably come up with some different dirt schemes.
I had a bunch of old models in Canaduh that I tossed out when I was up there a couple of months ago, now I kind of wish I hadn't.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
Re: A little project of mine
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011 - 03:02:37 PM »
  One thing about building junkers is there is no wrong way. Plus as they set on the shelf and get dusty they can look even better.    :lol:    I got it fiqured out how to post pics on a borrowed comp. so I will post some of my stuff on another thread.   Long live rust (at least on these)     :biggrin: