Author Topic: Who here has the Keisler A-41 auto OD set up?  (Read 53649 times)

Offline jordan

• no replacement for displacement
Re: Who here has the Keisler A-41 auto OD set up?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012 - 09:31:19 AM »
I called Keisler yesterday checking on the status of my trans.  The person I talked to was unsure at the moment, but said it usually takes 6 weeks, so they still have a little time.  My engine builder is jerking me around saying my engine will be done, but it is not, again and again.  I need to send the dyno sheet to flash the computer that I ordered with the trans.  I just got some info through a PM that keisler wasn't offering the computer flashing and switch to change shift programs.  Keisler confirmed that saying it is no longer available as of the first of the year.  Dude told me that I am still getting it since I ordered before then.  I didn't ask why they discontinued it, but now I wonder why?  I will ask the next time I talk to them.   
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012 - 10:12:26 AM »
I called Keisler yesterday checking on the status of my trans.  The person I talked to was unsure at the moment, but said it usually takes 6 weeks, so they still have a little time.  My engine builder is jerking me around saying my engine will be done, but it is not, again and again.  I need to send the dyno sheet to flash the computer that I ordered with the trans.  I just got some info through a PM that keisler wasn't offering the computer flashing and switch to change shift programs.  Keisler confirmed that saying it is no longer available as of the first of the year.  Dude told me that I am still getting it since I ordered before then.  I didn't ask why they discontinued it, but now I wonder why?  I will ask the next time I talk to them.

Humm let us know why they are not flashing the computor anymore? I wonder if they are trying to or going to their new computor that your can program yourself? :dunno:

I just looked at their site....seems no more paddle shifter option, or the dual mode switch, or engine braking option...? I'm left wondering whats up?  Did they have issues with this stuff? Or wasen't cost effective? :clueless:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012 - 10:36:19 AM by brads70 »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline jordan

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012 - 12:28:31 AM »
When I ordered my trans, the rep doing the sale said that I should not buy the paddle shifter.  He said it felt cheap, especially if you have already driven other paddle shifted cars.  It was not real fast shifting.  He told me that was being discontinued as of Jan.  I never knew of the engine breaking option.  I am under the impression that I can program the computer at any time.  They just put a program in based on your engine dyno to get you going.  Since I have the switch coming, I will have to add my own program when I am ready.  I was reminded that the software to install a new program to the computer is included with the computer option.  J

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2012 - 07:49:42 AM »
When I ordered my trans, the rep doing the sale said that I should not buy the paddle shifter.  He said it felt cheap, especially if you have already driven other paddle shifted cars.  It was not real fast shifting.  He told me that was being discontinued as of Jan.  I never knew of the engine breaking option.  I am under the impression that I can program the computer at any time.  They just put a program in based on your engine dyno to get you going.  Since I have the switch coming, I will have to add my own program when I am ready.  I was reminded that the software to install a new program to the computer is included with the computer option.  J

Thanks for the info!   :wave:wasn'ten't wanting the paddle shifter anyhow but I did want the dual mode switch. I don't  see that offered anymore either? If your talking with them again maybe ask them if the dual mode switch and engine braking is still available?
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012 - 12:09:12 AM »
If you want paddles, I bet this would work:  http://www.twistmachine.com/Paddle_Shifters.html
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012 - 08:00:06 AM »
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline jordan

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012 - 09:41:55 AM »
Hey Guys, no real news here yet.  I have been on a little vacation this past week, and was hoping to have some news in my email box when I got home.  But nuthin.  I am really waiting for my engine builder to quit screwing around.  I went out to his shop the day before I left, and he was boring cylinders, and had one head to port the exhaust side only, and had to assemble everything.  I left him Keislers info so that he could call down or fax the dyno sheet after he ran the motor, which was supposed to be early last week.  I am going to call him a little later to find out if he got it done.  Keisler needs the dyno printout to calibrate the shift controller, so things are at a good start point when I get the car rolling, and then I can add a new program as I need in the future.  I will get back to all wondering (I know there are at least a few of you) when I hear from my builder, and then Keisler.  I will have time yet this week.  Im still nervous, but yet excited.  I hope things happen soon.    J

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012 - 12:03:31 PM »
Ah so its your engine builder holding things up and not Keisler. I'm close to ready to order, just need a few hundred more and waiting to see how it works out for you.
 :popcorn:
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline pywell

• Autobody Technician
    • PPC Customs
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012 - 12:43:23 PM »
Were suppose to ordering ours too, but the 6.1 wont be ordered until the same day. So if they need a dump sheet we may not see this tranny for 6 months :a not really something I want to hear.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012 - 01:07:31 PM »
My 451" I'm curently building won't see a dyno so I hope you don't need that? I have a computor program
 ( dyno 2000)  that will have to do I guess?
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline pywell

• Autobody Technician
    • PPC Customs
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012 - 01:35:22 PM »
My 451" I'm curently building won't see a dyno so I hope you don't need that? I have a computor program
 ( dyno 2000)  that will have to do I guess?

I'll be finding out for sure when I order next week. if you don't find out before hand I'll let everybody know then

Offline Gumby

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012 - 01:53:36 PM »
BRAD! RED ALERT! Check out Moparts or any google on Kiesler customer service! I didn't read this thread. I went directly to the bottom to warn you. Piss poor service, parts missing, major mods needed and no customer service is what I have seen. Tread lightly. maybe Gear Vendors doesn't seem so bad after all? just saying. Some have even said (on Moparts) that Kiesler filed bankruptcy? just watch out and protect your sellf.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline ajantics

• Yeah......Im a drummer!
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012 - 02:01:34 PM »
I have two of them and I have not had a single problem with Keisler. I have one in my 73 340 cuda and one in my 70 hemi barracuda. Kiesler did not file bankruptcy, it was one of the owners side company that he was a partner in. I believe they were trying to sell motorcycles.
70 Barracuda
73 'Cuda
2003 Dodge Ram 3/4ton
2009 G37s

Offline Gumby

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012 - 02:13:41 PM »
For $5,000.00 bucks or so, you would think that you would get  better service than what I've been reading about. Gear Vendors has never had that issue. And SMR Transmissions makes a shortie GV unit for the 727. Check out your options. GV is 1/2 that price of Kiesler. Nothing against Shafie. Just advertises it as a bolt in and have seen numerous complaints. How many complaints have you seen with Gear Vendors? EVER? no threads that I've seen on it. It's your coin.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012 - 02:17:56 PM by Gumby »
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline ajantics

• Yeah......Im a drummer!
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012 - 02:35:32 PM »
Gear vendors does make a solid product! When we put on in we had  to massage the floor pan to install it in my friends challenger. Its not big deal but the Gear vendors unit cost over $2,000 with out a drive shaft or the price to rebuild your current transmission. In the end my friend saved a litttle more than me but I have a brand new tranny! I know that the auto kiesler I installed on both my cars I did not have to modify anything!

Gumby- I think all of the complaints you are referring to are on on the auto to manual trans conversions from kiesler, and not the auto overdrive which is what this thread is about :cheers:
70 Barracuda
73 'Cuda
2003 Dodge Ram 3/4ton
2009 G37s