Author Topic: Speeding ticket this weekend :(  (Read 1099 times)

Offline NCtrueconservative

Speeding ticket this weekend :(
« on: October 23, 2011 - 10:49:46 PM »
Well this weekend has been one of the worst.  I was coming home from a haunted house in my 98 blacked out Ram.  My friend was way ahead of me and I was wanting to catch up to him to exchange passengers...anyway, before I could get to him, I get pulled by a NC trooper.  clocked me doing a 70 in a 55.  :-[ It was my fault...I was speeding, I admit it. Totally my mistake.  I usually don't speed, but I got caught and it was totally my bad.  First ticket I ever got! Not really dreading the fine cost, its the points on my insurance that will make that price skyrocket. My options to keep that from happening are to talk to the clerk of court, who I know a little bit, and ask for a reduction in speed.  OR I can enter a Plea of prayer for judgement which somebody I know just did, which allows know points to go on your license, but if you were to get caught again, both violations would go on it.  Or I can plead guilty and go to a drivers improvement clinic to get the points waived.  I tell ya, its not even the fact that I got a ticket, I mean it happens to most everybody at least once.  it's just that  I can't catch a break the past few weeks.  Anyway I gotta call the DA and the insurance tomorrow and see what to do.  :1zhelp:
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye (pictured), 340, Slap Stick

1998 Dodge Ram, 5.2, Black, tinted windows, dual exhaust, blackout headlights, tailights

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: Speeding ticket this weekend :(
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011 - 10:54:28 PM »
If you have never had a ticket can you not take a class/course to keep it off your record? I am not sure of the benefit of calling your insurance company either??
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011 - 10:54:55 PM »
sorry to hear that. Go to traffic school.

I hear VA is the strictist fines of any 50 states.
Tough area out there it sounds like.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011 - 11:17:38 PM »
would not call the insurance company until you get it settled  :2cents:  but yea that sucks,,so far I  have been lucky enough not to get one, but I don't know how,,getting old enough now that slower is better  for the eyesight  :faint:
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011 - 07:39:43 AM »
sorry to hear that. Go to traffic school.

I hear VA is the strictist fines of any 50 states.
Tough area out there it sounds like.

Yep, come on through Va speeding, you will regret it. Sadly, it's nothing to do with safety, more like something to do with Revenue...
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011 - 07:54:09 AM »
Don't report it to your insurance.
Not sure about different states, but I know that my insurance never knows about my speeding tickets.

I get my points racked up.  12 in one year and 18 within two years. After two years you get your points back.
So, I speed until I can't afford any more points.

The legal system does not report to insurance agencies.
As long as they get their revenue, they don't really care.

Plea bargain your points down and forget about it.  Don't Call Your Insurance!!!

My insurance has never gone up and I have had upwards of 60 or 70 speeding tickets over my driving time.  19 years.

Not to mention, points do not count across borders.  I can get a ticket in NC and it does not affect my points in Colorado. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline NCtrueconservative

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011 - 09:12:46 AM »
If you have never had a ticket can you not take a class/course to keep it off your record? I am not sure of the benefit of calling your insurance company either??

Well my friend got his first ticket a while back for passing on the double yellow line, and he took the class and got no points i'm pretty sure
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye (pictured), 340, Slap Stick

1998 Dodge Ram, 5.2, Black, tinted windows, dual exhaust, blackout headlights, tailights