Author Topic: Height Difference - Hotchkis Leafs  (Read 7098 times)

Offline LEMOOREACE

• I was a llama, but I have since evolved.
Re: Height Difference - Hotchkis Leafs
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013 - 06:49:40 PM »
Cuda rideheight, Hotchkis with Bilsteins...  1" torsion bars.

Offline kielbasa

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013 - 01:34:06 PM »
with low aspect ratio tires, this is a nice looking stance.
with the 60 series i have on my car , the hotchkis springs gave it the buttdragger look.

Offline boydsdodge

• Top end's unlimited....Aaaauuuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Boydsdodge
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013 - 05:36:51 PM »
No doubt you're right about this.  I think I'm overthinking this (something I'm known for!) and will just pick up a set of the xhd's, put on what I have, maybe upgrade to Bilstein shocks instead of the Edelbrocks and go from there.  Its interesting how much lower your car sits with XHD's and tires that are only 1" less radius than my 28" 275/60's, mine sits at 27" to the wheel well opening (measured straight up through the center cap of the wheel).  Almost confirms a suspician of mine that the original owner put on heavier rear leafs to tow her boat with (you can still see where the hitch was attached to the car). 

Later, Jim

But what I found with the Hotchkis springs, was a steady ride a year later. When the springs arrived they came with new front hangers that are adjustable and new U bolts.
After buying Mopar XHDs, front Hangers and new U bolts the price was close if not the same as the Hotchkiss set up.
Not advertizing just saying.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013 - 05:46:05 PM by boydsdodge »
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013 - 05:49:25 PM »
IMO, the trunk profile line of a Challenger just lends itself to the droppy look because it slopes down significantly from the C piller. Compared to any B bodies that are basically flat, or the barracuda that doesn't slope as much, it does tend to make the Challenger appear to have a loaded diaper.