Author Topic: Challenger and Cuda Interior Door -Quarter trim Panels- seat backs- Finally  (Read 20699 times)

Offline Fastd

Re: Challenger and Cuda Interior Door -Quarter trim Panels- seat backs- Finally
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012 - 06:44:01 PM »
Hi, Dave Pm sent

Todd
Todd

1970 Dodge Challenger (pro-touring build)
1999 Dodge Durango
2006 Dodge Charger 5.7 Hemi (Wifes)

Offline tx9aarcuda

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012 - 03:30:57 PM »
I ordered the complete set in white for the Cuda, they got here this week and they look great, now I just need some warm weather so I can paint my seat frames and install the interior.
Greg
68 Coronet R/T Convertible 4 spd
70 AAR Auto
97 Ram 1500

Offline Gumby

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012 - 04:51:46 PM »
I ordered mine friday. Complete set with seat backs. Black. Challenger. Don't have my income tax back yet - but everytime I wait a little bit until I can afford it, something comes up. Like Out Of Parts. Or I''m not making these anymore or some stuff. My originals had ugly speaker holes cut in them by the original owner, and it looked like whoever it was had kids that like to kick and scuff the snot out of things! lol. And a few small cracks here and there. This is relatively a very small run on these panels. I want a nice looking car to drive. Danged if you do- danged if you don't! lol. A buddy just got a very nice gaming laptop. He told me the price, and I said DAYUM! You could have got some door panels for that! lol (he's not a car guy) He didn't get it! lol.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012 - 08:10:13 PM »
I hope these sell to the bare walls, then Joel (Metro) will have some decent cash flow and can work on getting Cuda convertible rears out. Yeah, I know I sound like a broken record but my door panels are getting lonely in the basement. My crappy rears would look sooooo out of place with the pristine Metro door panels.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline 71hcc

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012 - 09:50:26 PM »
Got my new seatbacks a few days ago from Dave and they look fantasic. I can't tell them apart from my originals except for the age. I too would love to have a set of Cuda vert rear panels to go with the new door panels and seat backs I bought.  Thanks Dave, and Metro !

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:38:26 AM »
Oh man. Mine showed up on Wednesday and they look perfect. The quality is awesome. There was only one thing unexpected. There are holes for the wood inserts on the door panels and my originals didn't have inserts. Not really a problem, just wasn't expecting. Thanks for all the work to make these a reality.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012 - 06:32:23 AM »
There was only one thing unexpected. There are holes for the wood inserts on the door panels and my originals didn't have inserts.
I thought all Challengers had the wood inserts. Your door panel was just bare with no holes?
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012 - 07:02:08 PM »
Yep, see below. I also found one installation screw hole that is in a different spot on the quarter panel than on my original. The blue-green one is the original and the white one is new. Not sure if I'm going to drill the proper hole and/or simply find a white plug for the other hole. You can see that the blue panel has the hole about a couple inches away from the window seal but the white one has the hole right next to the seal.

One other question. Is there something that goes behind the quarter panel near the floor. I have a vague recollection that there is but I don't remember. There's a screw hole down there that's not visible when the seat is in so I suspect it goes into something. Any thoughts on what it is or have a picture?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012 - 07:05:00 PM by peterro »

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012 - 07:49:11 PM »
It's been a little while since I had my rear quarter panels off, but I seem to remember a 90* bracket near the floor for panel attachment. My panel attaches near the window seal like the white one. Bear in mind, my Challenger is a '73, not a '70.
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline LAA66

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012 - 09:29:33 PM »
I thought all Challengers had the wood inserts. Your door panel was just bare with no holes?

Mine are bare also. Not exactly sure what option included them.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012 - 10:01:17 PM »
My white Challenger panels were ordered last week so should be here Tuesday. I can't wait as the other reproductions were just not even close.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Fastd

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012 - 04:45:43 PM »
 :bananasmi Just got off the phone with Dave and placed my order for front an rear (Blk) for my 70 Challenger. Even though I am no way near ready for the interior, I did not want to miss out on these panels. I should get them in 7-10 working days. Looking forward to it. Thankyou Dave and I enjoyed talking to you.

Todd
Todd

1970 Dodge Challenger (pro-touring build)
1999 Dodge Durango
2006 Dodge Charger 5.7 Hemi (Wifes)

Offline Jocigar

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012 - 05:28:21 PM »
I hope these sell to the bare walls, then Joel (Metro) will have some decent cash flow and can work on getting Cuda convertible rears out. Yeah, I know I sound like a broken record but my door panels are getting lonely in the basement. My crappy rears would look sooooo out of place with the pristine Metro door panels.

I would be second in line.

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012 - 09:14:29 PM »
:bananasmi Just got off the phone with Dave and placed my order for front an rear (Blk) for my 70 Challenger. Even though I am no way near ready for the interior, I did not want to miss out on these panels. I should get them in 7-10 working days. Looking forward to it. Thankyou Dave and I enjoyed talking to you.

Todd

thanks all how have bought these ,

Todd good chatting with you as well and good luck on your project, thank you
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
update.   Cuda black door and white rears are sold out here and at metro. Red and Blue sets are good, Challenger all colors we are good on black -red- white and blue.

Had conversation with Metro on doing ****A-posts ****and ALSO the *******convert rear panels*******.i know Kenny has stirred the fire up here and on moparts so we will see. Discussions are in the works with high probability.NO promise on colors other than what is already being done.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out