Author Topic: 3 speed wiper motor  (Read 594 times)

Offline Gumby

3 speed wiper motor
« on: November 02, 2011 - 06:32:40 PM »
Sorry to harp on wiper questions, but the 3 speed one has the motor laying flat, and the 2 speed protrudes? I saw some nice NOS 3 speed motors on ebay, but they didn't have that orange/brown glop covering the connections that I see restoration places have. What is that stuff? Just reddish RTV to protect the wiring from the elements? The NOS ones look beautiful and new, but don't have that glop on them. They are much cheaper than the resto units also. Thanks for any help. (yeah, my switch turns for 3 selections and I have the sideways motor - just wanted to confirm)
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: 3 speed wiper motor
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011 - 07:23:58 PM »
if the switch is 4 position , off ,1-2-3 then the motor should lay flat against the firewall
the Glop is a sealer fo theelectric contacts basically left exposed
I would Check with Passion for Mopars , Kim restores them & is a member here & is awesome to deal with

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Gumby

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011 - 08:18:37 PM »
OK, Thanks Chryco! Were you/are you a Chrysler employee, engineer or something? You sure seem to know your stuff. I have an Uncle that started out changing lightbulbs way up in the ceilings at Chrysler in Illinois, and eventually worked up  into management. He is retired now, He has restored a couple of very nice cars, though. One is a 1935 Dodge Brothers convertible with a rumble seat (only 950 made) and the other one, a 1925 Dodge brothers "special coupe" with a Fisher body. He did all the wood work replacement and everything from the ground up. My Aunt said it took him 10 years to restore the '35, because it came in boxes and was very rusted out. They are very beautiful, now.  I will try and get him to send photos so that I can share with everyone.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011 - 05:22:12 PM »
My Dream job would be to work in engineering cars , the SRT Viper group would be too cool  :2thumbs: Unfortunatly I have never really worked in the automotive field professionally , I went through a number [probably more than 20 ] jobs just trying to get my Mechanic licence & was not even able to get that, I could not get through the apprenticeship system .
 I have worked in a racecar shop building running cars starting with a pile of round tubing , I have also worked in a kit car environment doing virtually every singe part involved with building the cars , from frame development , welding wiring , , engineering suspensions etc to building interiors & doing some of the paint prep work .
 Simply put it is my passion , so I have taught myself well , the last decade I have built & restored Mopar Muscle cars exclusively for individual clients, all the way from minor tune ups to complete restorations ground up working for myself & without a shop , just going to the cars & doing the work in clients own garages with any amount of their involvement from nothing to helping with virtually every part of the resto .
 I would love to see some pix of your uncles cars  :picture:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t