Author Topic: Looking for mysterious window part  (Read 4092 times)

Offline guvnuh

Looking for mysterious window part
« on: November 03, 2011 - 05:37:53 PM »
So, I just installed my new window felts and noticed that I need to replace some sort of window guide, though I don't know what it's called.  It's an L-shaped bracket with fuzzy stuff glued to it.  There are two per door and I need to replace all four.  I did a number of searches and can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance!

-J
Awesome sauce...

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
Re: Looking for mysterious window part
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011 - 05:58:55 PM »
Maybe this will help?  Without a picture I'm not sure what part you are after
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=63377.0

Offline guvnuh

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011 - 08:21:48 PM »
Using the picture from that post, it's the circled part with the one adjustment bolt.

Awesome sauce...

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011 - 08:36:09 AM »
Using the picture from that post, it's the circled part with the one adjustment bolt.

I ended up just using the fuzzy side of stick on velcro. Cost me a buck! Worked great too!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Locomotion

• IHRA Stock/Footbrake ET
    • Locomotion Racing
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011 - 12:07:10 PM »
If they interchange with A-body parts, I might have some. They look similar from what I recall. But I'll have to do some digging.

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011 - 01:15:37 PM »
The brackets arent hard to find.  Finding some that have good fuzzy material is almost impossible.  No one is repopping the correct material.  As suggested earlier, some people have had success with the soft side of velcro strips.

Are you missing the brackets or are you just needing to replace the fuzzy stuff?

Offline guvnuh

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011 - 02:21:19 PM »
I've got the brackets, but the fuzzy stuff isn't looking so hot.  I'll give the fuzzy velcro stuff a try, thanks for the tip!

-J
Awesome sauce...

Offline rave_12000

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011 - 11:56:41 PM »
i have a whole box...surely have some good ones if you still need
mike 816-799-8844

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012 - 09:43:24 PM »
i have a whole box...surely have some good ones if you still need
mike 816-799-8844

I am looking for one of the same part for a 72 Cuda. I need one bracket, I will do the velcro trick on them all.
I also need the part Brad is pointing to with the pen in the original pic - I do not have any of the outer ones. Should there be front and rear outer ones? Are they the same front and rear? Is this that part? http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=6003257 -  SIDE WINDOW ANTI RATTLE CLIP E BODY AND 71-74 B-BODY.

While I have it open and working on it I installed new window down stops and bought some other ones from year one but I cannot find where they go. They are called "DR window regulator bmpr e-body". They look similar to the down stops but with a slightly different "dart tip" to fit through a rectangular hole. Do they maybe go in the rear windows? I assumed by the name they were for door windows.
in attached picture the right rubber piece is the one I am unsure of - regulator bumper - the middle piece is the window down stop and left is the one individual bracket I need.

second pic shows possible place for regulator bumper? Pic is taken of drivers door so front is to the right.

David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012 - 10:21:54 PM »
OK, the clips in the link you posted mount to the roof in the side window area.  They hold the glass tight to the weatherstripping where the A-pillars meet the roof.

The two rubber blocks in your picture go in the bottom of the door.  There is a rectangular notch in the door frame for them.  My 73 didn't use any fuzzy guides on the outside...just two on the inside.  The outer window fuzzy acts as the guide on the outside.  My windows are tight and don't rattle.  I assume the outer guides weren't really nessesary and were deleted in the later years. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012 - 10:24:46 PM by burdar »

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012 - 04:46:51 PM »
OK, the clips in the link you posted mount to the roof in the side window area.  They hold the glass tight to the weatherstripping where the A-pillars meet the roof.

The two rubber blocks in your picture go in the bottom of the door.  There is a rectangular notch in the door frame for them.  My 73 didn't use any fuzzy guides on the outside...just two on the inside.  The outer window fuzzy acts as the guide on the outside.  My windows are tight and don't rattle.  I assume the outer guides weren't really nessesary and were deleted in the later years.

Only one of the blocks go in the bottom of the door. I have a total of 4 I bought from year one, 2 labeled window down stops - they were in a pack of 2, the other 2 are packaged individually labeled DR WINDOW REGULATOR BMPR E-BODY. If you look at the pic you will see the blocks are slightly different.
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012 - 07:41:21 PM »
There were only two on mine.  It almost looks like there were two different venders for the lower bumpers.  That's why there's a slight difference.  I'd call Year One and ask them where they go.  They probably won't have an answer for you but it's worth a try.

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012 - 09:18:21 PM »
There were only two on mine.  It almost looks like there were two different venders for the lower bumpers.  That's why there's a slight difference.  I'd call Year One and ask them where they go.  They probably won't have an answer for you but it's worth a try.

Did yours have anything in the rectangular slot I am pointing to in my pic?
David - In Georgia

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012 - 09:26:44 PM »
My door panels are on now.  I don't even know if my doors have a rectangular slot in them up top.  I don't remember any large bumpers up there and I only had two in my pile of original parts. 

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012 - 10:44:42 PM »
My door panels are on now.  I don't even know if my doors have a rectangular slot in them up top.  I don't remember any large bumpers up there and I only had two in my pile of original parts.

Ok, Yeah i only had 2 in my pile of parts too but they were rough so I ordered new ones and saw the other ones on year one so got them too. Of course I have a few parts from them I cannot figure out where they go. well I bought the other stuff needed, one up stop and one fuzzy guide. I will try pulling my down stops back out so I can get to the other rect slot to see if the other bumpers will fit there or not.
David - In Georgia