Author Topic: 1970 Challenger front chin spoilers only on T/A's or also as option for R/T's  (Read 5755 times)

Offline walkAbout

Hi peeps,

I've read almost all threads and searched the 1970 brochures but I'm still confused.

I would like to add the 2 front eyebrow chin spoilers to my Challenger. Sure I could simply do it, but what I've seen so far is, that they where never factory mounted and came in the trunk to the dealers, which mounted them then. That's also why there are no mounting instructions and the spoilers are mounted different on any Challenger.

Does anybody know if a dealer could order it on a non T/A too? In an other thread here I found this:
The chin spoilers originally came on T/As, but they were available with the T style rear spoiler as an option on other Challengers.

What is the  "T style rear spoiler"? I have the R/T Go wing rear spoiler mounted, is it the same?

My question is not mount or not, but more was it an official option for a R/T back in 1970? I saw a lot of R/T's during my research with the spoiler, then I looked into the brochures on hamtrack-historical.com and didn't find an option.

Thank in advance for sharing your skills.

CU

walkAbout

A pic from ebodyproducts.com as an example:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011 - 05:56:27 PM by walkAbout »

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
From your pic it doesn't look like a "go wing", it looks like a T/A style spoiler. I thought the chin spoilers (air dams) were T/A only.
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
From your pic it doesn't look like a "go wing", it looks like a T/A style spoiler. I thought the chin spoilers (air dams) were T/A only.

:iagree:

I added the front spoilers to my car because I like the look. It really isn't hard without directions. You just place them as wide as you can until you run into the curve for the turn signal lights.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
Oh ya,
Nice car walkAbout!  :2thumbs:

Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
The chin spoilrs look great!!! I have seen them on a 70 cuda teamed up with the fender spoilers and it looked pretty darn good man!! The guy also put the 71 gills on the fenders and it made the 70 look pretty good!

Offline walkAbout

Oh ya,
Nice car walkAbout!  :2thumbs:

The one in the first post isn't mine, it's just an example how it will look like with the spoilers. Here is mine from my newbie thread:

And I agree, I will mount those too, but my question will be unanswered forever. Was it an official option on R/T's back in 1970? And yes, I also believe they only came with the T/A's.

CU

walkAbout

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011 - 05:52:42 PM by walkAbout »

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
I like the look myself, actually thought about them for NIKKI.  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl