Author Topic: Aftermarket harness  (Read 1008 times)

Offline moprr

Aftermarket harness
« on: November 05, 2011 - 11:08:16 AM »
DO the painless and other harnesses take care of all the wiring or do you need some of the original stuff ie rear light harness?
Do I get rid of the original bulkhead connector, What size hole do you need for the new harness?  I am not worried about keeping everything original and am just looking at options thanks

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Aftermarket harness
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011 - 11:30:48 AM »
Painless is just a name , it is a complete harness sort of , it comes with no light sockets & a bag of connectors to connect the ends , it has no bulkhead plug just lenghts of wire that are too long & have to be fitted to your car . Working fast expect to spend 3-4 days fitting a Painless system . Ron Francis is the same

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011 - 11:39:53 AM »
I used Ron Francis wiring.  Nice quality. great fusebox.  not all wiring is included... no steeringcolumn, no wiper, heater, gauges. comes with a gm style headlightswitch. All that was no problem for me since I dont use any of the old gauges or switches,  except for the 3-speed wiper... that one is little difficult to replace. The bulkhead connector is replaced by a piece of metal with 2 grommets for wires. You need to drill 4 holes for that part, or fabricate a plate to fit the bulkhead hole.  Not a 1 days job, but overall ,I like it
*** Bart ***

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011 - 11:40:22 AM »
This company is doing harnessses now for E Bodies. At least for the dash for right now.

Picture of wire harness. Click on jpg.

http://www.semadigital.com/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=catalog&template=detail.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=2363&site=np2011&image=C_3240.JPG&make=&model=&company=American Autowire&product=1970-74 Cuda/Challenger Classic Update Wiring Kit&showname=SEMA Show
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline moprr

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011 - 01:05:47 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies. It looks like that is what I want I can hide all my wires  solder and heat shrink my sockets on.