Author Topic: Dash mounting  (Read 826 times)

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
Dash mounting
« on: November 05, 2011 - 11:01:39 PM »
I just about have my dash completed and ready to install. One bracket left for the heater control to get/make/install and then it can go in. What I need to know is the necessary hardware for the 4 bolts near the windshield. There are holes to accept them but it looks like there must be some slip-on threads that I don't have. Does anyone have any pictures or details of what it's supposed to be?

Thanks again.

Offline peterro

• The Pistonhead
Re: Dash mounting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011 - 12:10:44 AM »
Never mind. Found the hardware.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011 - 08:54:31 AM »
Peterro,
Power up your dash t make sure everything works before installing it. I checked all of brake lights, turn signals, radio, gauges, etc.  Very easy to repair stuff now instead of after installing.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline peterro

• The Pistonhead
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011 - 08:41:15 PM »
Good point. What would you do to fully power it up? My steering column isn't put together at this point so I can't test the turn signal or the ignition switch. I've already repaired the frayed wires and replaced all the bulbs.

Thanks again.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011 - 07:38:53 AM »
I used a spare set of switches. If you dont have spares, you can plug the connectors in by laying the column close to the wiring harness.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0