Author Topic: -- CANADA -- Where to buy body panels?  (Read 1068 times)

Offline jmac

-- CANADA -- Where to buy body panels?
« on: November 13, 2011 - 09:52:50 PM »
I was wondering where is the best place for Canadians to buy replacement body panels?

Are there any Canadian companies/ websites that sell for decent prices?

OR

Are there any sites/ companies in the states that are good to buy from. (prices and shipping)

I'm looking to price some 1/4s & rockers for my 74 'cuda.
1974 Barracuda

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: -- CANADA -- Where to buy body panels?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011 - 10:43:34 PM »
I was wondering where is the best place for Canadians to buy replacement body panels?

Are there any Canadian companies/ websites that sell for decent prices?

OR

Are there any sites/ companies in the states that are good to buy from. (prices and shipping)

I'm looking to price some 1/4s & rockers for my 74 'cuda.

Humm don't know? For me I would just drive down and see Dave at Roseville it's about a 5-6 hour drive for me. Of cource that wouldn't work for someone in BC for example. If you like close to the border have a look for someplace you can have parts shipped to. Either a member on here of like a moving/storage company that will let you pick up stuff at their business? :dunno:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011 - 10:53:10 PM »
Where are you? It makes a difference.  :wave:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011 - 11:54:38 PM »
Where are you? It makes a difference.  :wave:

Bigtime , Canada is not a small area !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011 - 10:34:36 AM »
we do a lot of part orders to canada. we ship direct to you or a holding facility, and pick up.if you want send me a list of parts and you address if you want them shipped.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011 - 11:11:12 AM »
I ordered a while set of glass from Roseville and got it no problems and I am in Winnipeg. Walker autoparts in Winnipeg is where i got all my metal from-great prices. Mention me and I am sure he will fix you up

Offline jmac

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011 - 08:48:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas,

I'm in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I'm not worried about the shipping or how far away the company is, I just want to find a reputable company and get the product for a decent price.

I'm not not entirely sure how many parts I'm going to need at the moment. I know fur sure I'm going to need rockers, and its looking like quarters also. I haven't stripped the body yet but the rockers are toast and the quarters are starting to show signs, and I'm not going to mess around with patchwork, I'd rather have the full quarters and hopefully avoid extra hours of bodywork/ sanding and the piece of mind that it "shouldn't" bubble. haha

brads70 | HemiOrange70 - Thanks for the vouche for Roseville. I was checking their website out a few hours before I wrote the original post and in the research I've done I've heard good things. And HemiOrange70, I checked out the Walker Auto website and will probably be getting in contact with them when I figure my part list more.

mopardave - thanks for the reply. I will be in contact with you when i have a better parts list together so I'm not wasting your time  :grinyes:
1974 Barracuda

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011 - 09:51:32 PM »
no problem, We have shipped quite a few parts into Nova scotia. sheet metal and engine blocks and parts.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011 - 10:29:50 PM »
Jmac, I also, bought parts from Mopar Dave and drove down to get them. He's knowledgeable and has decent prices, but checking around is always a good idea and is the way I stumbled on him. From hard experience, if your cuda needs 1/4s, you'll likely need at least, outer wheel wells and trunk extensions. These cars have an amazing ability to rot (mine was in inside, usually heated storage and still did) and you'd be well advised to read some of the restoration threads here to get a flavour of that. Not trying to rain on your parade, just the straight goods. Good luck. :thumbsup: