Author Topic: Got Busted on the Cellphone today!  (Read 5883 times)

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
Re: Got Busted on the Cellphone today!
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011 - 08:26:38 PM »
You guys are writing much fastener than I can text.   I am about three posts behind in the conversation.   LOL.

I am not driving though.

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2015 Chrysler 200c AWD 3.6L
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05

Offline bordin34

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011 - 08:26:49 PM »
The fine is a little harsh, but think about it. If it were less, say $25, you would be more likely to talk on the phone again while driving. But since it is so high the chances of you doing the same thing are much less. So in essence the fine must be high to stop repeat offenders.

1973 Charger SE Brougham Black 400 auto
1974 Charger SE Brougham Blue 318 auto-SOLD

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011 - 08:31:04 PM »
The fine is a little harsh, but think about it. If it were less, say $25, you would be more likely to talk on the phone again while driving. But since it is so high the chances of you doing the same thing are much less. So in essence the fine must be high to stop repeat offenders.

:iagree:

and I've made the cell phone upgrades.

As far as my insurance goes: I was current but I never got around to printing my last renewal up and stuffing it in the glovebox.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline LAA66

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011 - 08:55:23 PM »
 Many drivers around here still use their cell. I think the laws and Fines are not really enforced much. Maybe it's still a discretionary issue. :clueless:

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011 - 06:58:28 PM »
Ha!  You think $180 is steep?  The Feds just instituted a law making the use of any mobile telephone device (including Nextels) without a hands-free device by the driver of a commercial motor vehicle punishable by a fine of up to $2750, plus a possible fine to the employer of up to $11,000.  And that's just for the first offense.  Twice in a three year period, they suspend your commercial license for 90 days.  Three offenses in three years earns a 180 day suspension.

Of course, when you're dealing with the damage caused by a truck or bus, that kind of makes sense.  The Nextel thing is hard to swallow, since you can do the same thing with a two-way radio/walkie-talkie and not break the law.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline KZ

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012 - 12:19:40 PM »
For me, I would like ALL cellphone  use be  banned while operating a motor vehicle. A car is like a loaded gun, you can be a responsible owner, or, you can be irresponsible, using a cellphone is like adding another bullet to the gun, if you want to use the phone, pull over and stop. There are already too many distractions on the road, radio, speeding, weaving in and out, drug abuse, peer pressure, etc. This is such an EASY fix...I don't think states should wait until the body count rises before they ban cell phone use. And no, I do not use a cell phone while driving. In fact, I only carry a Tracfone when I travel, for emergency use.

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012 - 12:27:45 PM »
It is not illegal here, I guess I had better keep that in mind on the way to Carlisle...
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline Cuda Commando

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012 - 03:03:07 PM »
If you are in control of a motor vehicle,LEAVE THE GODDAMN PHONE ALONE.The roads are full of muppets who find it hard enough to concentrate on doing one thing at once,never mind trying to use a phone as well.

Offline usraptr

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012 - 05:52:18 PM »
For me, I would like ALL cellphone  use be  banned while operating a motor vehicle. A car is like a loaded gun, you can be a responsible owner, or, you can be irresponsible, using a cellphone is like adding another bullet to the gun, if you want to use the phone, pull over and stop. There are already too many distractions on the road, radio, speeding, weaving in and out, drug abuse, peer pressure, etc. This is such an EASY fix...I don't think states should wait until the body count rises before they ban cell phone use. And no, I do not use a cell phone while driving. In fact, I only carry a Tracfone when I travel, for emergency use.

:iagree:  Would somebody please explain to me why people talking on a cell phone have to slow down 10-15 MPH slower than the speed limit or flow of traffic and the minute they hang up go speeding by you at 10-15 over!!  Drives me nuts!   :villagers:  :pullinghair: :swear:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012 - 05:54:29 PM by usraptr »
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012 - 07:04:29 PM »
At work, if we get caught with our cell phones ON - not talking on it, Just having it ON, we can be fined $10,000.00 by the fed gov. And my company flat out states that it will NOT pay the fine for us. Our phone calls can (and are/have been) subpeonaed in court to get transcripts that include everything we have made calls about. Both sides of the conversation, to be able to prove we were on our phones. Cell phones aren't private. We have been warned.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012 - 07:15:25 PM by Gumby »
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne