makes ya wonder how they survive

Author Topic: makes ya wonder how they survive  (Read 2880 times)

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
makes ya wonder how they survive
« on: January 18, 2005 - 01:50:18 AM »
How do these People survive?
Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken Mc Nuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

"We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We
only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.

TWO

I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider," looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said OK,"and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

THREE

A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

FOUR

I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

FIVE

Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

SIX

I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister." I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "Cruise Control" and then went in the back to make a tuna sandwich.

SEVEN

My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

EIGHT

Police in Radnor, Pa., interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

NINE

A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants, the

dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer......Dispatcher: Rush him in to Emergency!

"Life is Tough. It's Tougher if you're Stupid. "

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
Re: makes ya wonder how they survive
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005 - 02:14:16 AM »
"Life is Tough. It's Tougher if you're Stupid. "

LOL!   :iagree:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005 - 02:56:44 AM »
The first one reminds me of when I worked at Burger King (shrudder).  One night, the person working drive through was tired.  It had been a long day.  This guy pulls up, and askes for a cheeseburger, plain.  The guy in the kitchen yells back, "We're out of plain sauce."  So, the girl working drivethrough tells the man in the car, "I'm sorry, but we are out of plain sauce."  We just about died laughing at her.

Offline OUTLAW

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005 - 02:59:58 AM »
LMAO @ "We're out of plain sauce"

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005 - 09:52:29 AM »
What is sad is that is all probably true.
I have had a person who didn't know how to type a capital "P".   After going though on the phone with them several times and them not getting the results I expected, I finally "held their hand" and said to hold the "shift" down and then hit "p".  They said "You didn't tell me to do that!"  ::) :pissed:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005 - 10:00:52 AM »
Number 6 is a true story and the guy won millions of dollars because the owners manual didn't say that you had to stay and steer the motor home after activating the cruise control!  He had gone back to make some coffee.  After the crash he sued the motor home company and won!   :banghead:

Offline OUTLAW

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005 - 11:18:36 AM »
Hemidog, sounds like you work helpdesk or tech support. I know I still laugh when I get asked where the "anykey" is

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005 - 11:34:50 AM »

LMAO!!!!  :laughup: :laughing: This is too funny.

I guess I'd rather have a "stupid" person serve me than a tight-arse grumpy mole.
At least the stupid people try there best and are usually very kind even if there are as thick as two short planks.  :laughing:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005 - 12:47:02 PM »
NZ has a point.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005 - 03:45:18 PM »
I went into a local parts store & asked for a dist cap for a 440 , the kid asks  that is a Ford right ?
 not quite as dunb but he works in an auto parts store !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005 - 09:26:19 AM »
I don't do helpdesk, but do some tech support when I have to.  All I know, is that I have done enough to know that I would go crazy if that was my job.  It has given me a respect for the people who do PC tech and software support.  Help desk and support for the bigger companies like SAP, Oracle, etc... is a whole different story that I won't bore you guys with.  But I will say, dealing with them gets very amusing.  :grinyes:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005 - 09:27:56 AM by HemiDog »

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005 - 08:13:37 PM »
I went into a local parts store & asked for a dist cap for a 440 , the kid asks  that is a Ford right ?

Go ask that kid for some piston rings for a mazda rx7
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005 - 10:08:56 PM »
Go ask that kid for some piston rings for a mazda rx7
He'll probably get that one right:
"Yip, we have got them in stock, I'll just go and scrape some dog sh!t off the front lawn and you'll be set." LMAO!!!  :laughing:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005 - 08:04:27 AM »

I hate it when I'm the smartest guy in an auto parts store.
I bought a timing gun and the kid behind the counter asks " you gunna time your car?"
The answer is yes of course.
He then proceeds to ask " well how fast ya' think it is? "
I walk out thinking, some one please give this guy a clue. :ack:

Also - if going to a generic parts store ( auto zone, advance and so on ) I will look up the part on the 'puter first, get the part number and request it that way.
And not to rant, but don't even try explaining to them why you need anything for a 440 in a '73 when the biggest motor that could possibly be in it is a 360 ( because his magic screen says so ).
And why is it if you ask for a part on or in a 350 'Vette it is at least twice as expensive as the same part for a 350 Camaro,Nova or any other?

OK - I'm done now.
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline Ravage

• 1974 318 'Cuda
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005 - 04:23:59 AM »
At the store near me and BB73s houses the only guy that has a clue is usualy out making deliveries ,aparently these fools can't be trusted to drive either.Go in and ask for a set of freeze plugs ,you will completely lose them.

At least when I go into the store for parts for a '74 'cuda the old guys look at me with respect

A guy I worked with told me a story about his girlfriend commnting that the headlights in her car were going dim so he told her to go to the auto store and get some headlight fluid.The guy at the store told her they were all out though  :P
"I flipped off a box of kittens once..." (Tycho on being evil)