Author Topic: Stolen Race Car Alert  (Read 2033 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Stolen Race Car Alert
« on: January 09, 2012 - 02:26:14 AM »
I just wanted to post a news story for a local friend of mine. This is in regards to a stolen race car and enclosed trailer stolen from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Virginia area on Jan 2nd. It was parked at the Norfolk Airport Hilton and the thieves brazenly unhooked the trailer from the truck and stole the trailer with car inside. The trailer has been recovered, but the car and contents are still gone. Please be on the lookout for the red #97 arena race car. I have put a picture below (I hope it shows up). It's not the best picture, but gives a fair view of the car. Matt Midgett is the owner/racer and no one deserves this. I hate a thief  :swear: and hope it's recovered and the 'perps' get their just due (like fall down a flight of stairs on the way to jail). I know the internet can reach around the world and stolen vehicles have been recovered before because of wide distribution of info. Thanks guys. Any info can be sent me via a PM.  :2thumbs:

Matt B.

Matt

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
Re: Stolen Race Car Alert
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012 - 06:34:46 AM »
it seems like the cars in trailers are easy to steel a guy had his caddy stoolen at woodward last summer the same way i hope they find it and git the sob that did this :wavingflag:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012 - 06:42:36 AM »
 :villagers:    sorry to hear this. Same thing happens around here too . A few stock cars have gone missing too.
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline kimmee43

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012 - 04:31:21 AM »
 :swear: oh no! thieves deserve this kind of  treatment  :villagers:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012 - 08:04:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Matt.  Hope it gets recovered!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Online 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012 - 11:53:17 AM »
This is the reason everyone should look into some kind of GPS locator.  I am just starting to look at them and would like any suggestions anyone may have.   :2thumbs:

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012 - 12:42:08 PM »
I've heard of a lot of this kind of stuff lately! Just went online and double checked that I had theft insurance.  A gps is a good idea though! What kind of lazy piece of crap could do that? :stomp:

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012 - 12:53:02 PM »
This is the reason everyone should look into some kind of GPS locator.

This is also a reason not to plaster a big picture of your car on your trailer.  It's just asking for trouble.  Keep the trailer plain.  It won't stop a theif if they know what's inside but very few people would steel a trailer if they have no idea what's inside of it.

I hope the car is found safe and returned to the owner.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012 - 05:44:36 PM »
Good point about the picture on the trailer. That's why I keep a low profile with my Challenger. It stays in the garage unless I take it out to drive it. Less folks to see it and my yard has a 6 foot privacy fence to keep wandering eyes away!! You gotta protect your assets.  :nono: Check out the link for this trailer alarm system. It's pretty high tesch stuff!   http://www.protecsystemone.com/

Matt B.
Matt

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012 - 06:14:16 PM »
that really sucks...  :villagers:

please let me know if anyone has a discount code on trunk monkeys...   
*** Bart ***

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012 - 01:44:10 AM »
Oh man i hate hearing crap like this  :villagers: I hope whoever the dushbags are is caught and hanged. I have a real good friend who is my car show buddy whos garage was ramsacked and serveral items stlolen just about a month ago. The pieces of trash even pryed his rear door open on his enclosed trailer and did quite the damage to it alone and stole all his tools and things stored in it. I'm shakein pissed just typing about it. Good news is the pieces of crap was caught at a later time stealing from his realitives down the road and come to find out one of them is related to his family by marrage. I would love to be a jury member in that trial  :aarg: If i ever catch someone breaking in my house or garage i have plenty of artilary and i'm not affraid to use them. Dead men don't talk
Dennis,Ohio

Offline 74challenger03

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012 - 08:55:06 AM »
last year a friend went to a truck pull and when it was over 10 cars were stolden out of the parking lot.one was his had to call his brother at 3 in the morning to get him. hope they catch who did it.
What does it profit a man to gain the whole would and lose his soul.

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012 - 02:46:40 PM »
Just curious if the race car has ever been found yet  :dunno: I sure it is i really feel bad for the guy  :(
Dennis,Ohio

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012 - 05:56:25 PM »
No,

All they recovered was the trailer which had been emptied of the race car, tools and equipment. And ANOTHER car has been stolen. This one from Norfolk VA (same general area as the race car). It is a 1969 Dodge Charger (orange with black stripe) that was at a paint shop about to has the final paint job applied. I HATE thieves!!  :villagers:  :swear:  :stomp: Hopefully they will catch them. Maybe some big guys will clubs will get to them before the police!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.

Matt

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012 - 06:06:21 PM »
 :iagree: :wavingflag: