Hello I'm a newb

Author Topic: Hello I'm a newb  (Read 1754 times)

Offline dtcuda

Hello I'm a newb
« on: January 11, 2012 - 01:08:39 PM »
Hi everyone.  I am a newb on this site.  But I have been reading the posts on this site for about a year now.  I feel like I know most of you.  You all have some great cars and some great stories that I have read.  Some of the stories are good and some have been not so good and I think it is nice to have a place like this to learn or hear about some of the scams out there.  It's really nice that you all help eachother out and I would like to be a part of that.  My name is Dave and I am from Wisconsin.  I just purchased my dream car in August 2011.  Some of you might have seen it, as it was online for sale.  Let me know what you think.  It is a 1970 cuda but needs restoration.  My parents had a cuda when I was about six years old, but I remember that car like it was yesterday (30 years later now).  It was black and a three speed.  They ended up selling it when my brother was born to get more of a family car.  They only have one picture of that car but I hoped someday that I would own a cool mopar.  Then I ran across this one and couldn't let it get away.  The engine has been in the shop for a while now and just got word that it is finished, but there is more work to do on the body.  Hopefully you all can help me out with some (maybe a lot) of questions that I have.   

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
Re: Hello I'm a newb
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012 - 01:13:42 PM »
Welcome!! Nice project car  :2thumbs:

You will find all the answeres to yer questions.. some take a while to get answered but sooner or later someone will bite.

Chris

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012 - 03:01:23 PM »
welcome to the site  :wave:
always good to see another cuda saved.  Start up your own topic in members projects.  I`d love to see your plans / things to do and some specs of the car.  Good luck  :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012 - 03:15:29 PM »
Coll project!  can't wait to see more photos.   :woohoo:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012 - 10:56:52 PM »
Welcome to the site and nice car! Hope you get all the info you need; as there's a whack of knowledgeable  people here and they're happy to share.  :wave:

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012 - 03:56:39 AM »
 :wave:  Hello Dave!  Great choice on the '70 Cuda.  You really are at the right place to find good people that will help you out, all you need to do is ask. 
Now i'm going to ask you something....what's under the hood?
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline dtcuda

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012 - 01:08:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone.   :cheers:  hooD,  the engine is a 340 four barrel four speed.  I was told that it is a numbers matching car.  I did check the numbers and they seem to match but I am still not sure.  That's where I hope you all will come in, when I post more pictures.  I really don't know.  The engine was quite a mess, but I took it to a shop that I got referred to by many different people.  And I can say that I am really happy with them.  It was more expensive than I thought, but they are really nice to work with and I seen some of the work they did including mine, and have no regrets.  Plus I really don't know what that normally costs anyways.  I am going to start a restoration thread and ask some questions.  Including doing some research on here by looking at other threads on where to buy sheet metal among other things.  I am going to show more pics.  If I am posting in the wrong place, let me know.  Anything you all can tell me about this car would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012 - 03:47:20 PM »
 :wave: hello dave,another packer backer i see from across the border.nice cuda you have there.sounds like you have some plans to start your restoration,cool.sheet metal for these cars are pretty much available at a variety of places such as

AMD
THE PADOCK
SHERMAN INDUSTRIES
YEAR ONE
CLASSIC INDUSTRIES
GOODMARK

THEY'LL all have what you need to get your project going and i'm sure the pricing and fittment will differ from place to place.i would ask here to see what the rest of the members say on fitment and product.you will find almost anything in ''restoration projects'' that will help you get started and always remember to bag and tag all your parts as this will help in putting your project back together.

later for now from another dave in w st paul mn

:cheers:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012 - 04:43:55 PM »
Welcome! :wave:
Dave at Roseville could be a great place to source parts from. I've bought lots of parts from him over the years, great guy to deal with and he is a member and sponsor of this site.
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012 - 05:33:10 PM »
Welcome!  :wave:  Love the slotted rims!  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 74challenger03

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012 - 06:03:54 PM »
welcome dave,cant wait to see more of the car
What does it profit a man to gain the whole would and lose his soul.

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012 - 07:03:23 PM »
Nice ride, welcome!
post your location in your profile, you may have friends next door!
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline RB2929

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012 - 07:22:57 PM »
Hi Dave,
And welcome  :wave:
I opened your thread a few times before commenting.  Your Cuda, which is awesome (340 +4 Speed) reminds me of where I began.  You have some work ahead of you.  Luckily, you have this site (the best) with the folk that know how to help/answer your questions.  Recommend that you get the Chrysler books (see attached) available via Amazon.  Take your time and do it the right way the first time: If you can’t afford something, save/wait 6-months then get it. 

You have a beautiful car in the making.  The Cudas/Challys you see here started off just like yours.  And one day your car will be on the CC.Com calendar.

Please start a thread to document your progress.  And no, you don’t have to be done in six months.  The Cuda will become a way of life… it has for us.
Again, welcome  :cheers:
Ron

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012 - 11:18:55 AM »
Welcome! :wave:
Dave at Roseville could be a great place to source parts from. I've bought lots of parts from him over the years, great guy to deal with and he is a member and sponsor of this site.

MY BAD,sorry dave,totally slipped my mind  :bricks1: most be going seanile "spelling"???? lol
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012 - 02:50:24 PM »
Welcome to the site.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)