Author Topic: NEW CUDA TO REPLACE NEW CHALLENGER IS BEING DISCUSSED BY CHRYSLER  (Read 35691 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: NEW CUDA TO REPLACE NEW CHALLENGER IS BEING DISCUSSED BY CHRYSLER
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2012 - 09:14:11 PM »
Dont get me wrong, I love the new Challenger and wish I had one. I am just saying that if they make a new 'Cuda then they should do it right and make a new platform. One that is not shared with a couple of full size 4 door cars.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2012 - 01:51:12 PM »
You know, I asked the spy about a few holes in what he posted.  And now he's gone silent... hum.  Well here is what is actually going on.

THERE IS NO CUDA COMING.

There is NO CHALLENGER PLATFORM after 2014.  Right now what Chrysler is doing is getting ready to move the 300/Charger to the new FIAT platform in 2014.  AFTER they do that they are thinking about doing a new Challenger, but it won't happen until after 2014 when the first generation of 300/Chargers roll off the line.

Also Ralph Gilles has even said that outside of the muscle car culture the Cuda is not well known.  The Challenger has more brand recognition now and would be the future.  Also he mentioned that there is no room in the lineup for both the Cuda and Challenger. 

Not to mention that Chrysler does not even currently own the Cuda or Barracuda name.  They lost that to the AAR racing team that copyrighted it years ago.

Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Gumby

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2012 - 08:51:46 PM »
Dont get me wrong, I love the new Challenger and wish I had one. I am just saying that if they make a new 'Cuda then they should do it right and make a new platform. One that is not shared with a couple of full size 4 door cars.
Hmmm..., Maybe a 4 door Cuda? Like what they did to the Charger? Just add some '71 style gills and it will all be good.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2012 - 09:00:59 PM »
You know, I asked the spy about a few holes in what he posted.  And now he's gone silent... hum.  Well here is what is actually going on.

THERE IS NO CUDA COMING.

There is NO CHALLENGER PLATFORM after 2014.  Right now what Chrysler is doing is getting ready to move the 300/Charger to the new FIAT platform in 2014.  AFTER they do that they are thinking about doing a new Challenger, but it won't happen until after 2014 when the first generation of 300/Chargers roll off the line.

Also Ralph Gilles has even said that outside of the muscle car culture the Cuda is not well known.  The Challenger has more brand recognition now and would be the future.  Also he mentioned that there is no room in the lineup for both the Cuda and Challenger. 

Not to mention that Chrysler does not even currently own the Cuda or Barracuda name.  They lost that to the AAR racing team that copyrighted it years ago.

Are you saying there will be no Challenger in 2015?  That would be a shame, why end it until they have a newer platform / model?  If this is right it will be the same thing they did with the Viper which is supposedly coming back soon.  My opinion, keep tweaking the one we have until the new one is ready, enough of this starting & stopping of models!

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline 1970 RT Challenger 1970

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2012 - 09:07:55 PM »
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1-sports-car/

Maybe Dodge is at the Drawing Board trying to tackle this.

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2012 - 09:54:58 PM »
Hmmm..., Maybe a 4 door Cuda? Like what they did to the Charger? Just add some '71 style gills and it will all be good.

:eek4: :puke: :walkaway:

Offline BS CUDA

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2012 - 10:02:28 PM »
If it isn't a Plymouth it isn't a 'Cuda - and certainly cannot have 4 doors. :stomp: :swear: :nono:

Offline Gumby

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2012 - 10:40:29 PM »
You 'Cuda guys just can't appreciate any sarcasm! I hope Mopar would never do that to you! I've owned 2 Chargers, and that whole new Charger thing was just a travesty. I understand no one with a family wants a 2 door - but why. The new one with the scallops and hood recess and everything would be killer in a 2 door.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2012 - 09:27:06 AM »
Chrysler WAS able to buy back the cuda name from AAR... In fact that's part of the reason this whole fuss started, that raised suspicion.  As for the charger/300 being moved to a new fiat platform in 2014... I call BS. I don't beLieve it they just redesigned them it would be stupid to change them so soon

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2012 - 04:39:03 PM »
Just gotta love all the speculation and rumors.  I didn't realize there were so many experts out there.  Chrysler is probably loving all of this.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2012 - 05:23:46 PM »
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1-sports-car/

Maybe Dodge is at the Drawing Board trying to tackle this.

I hope they are coming up with something in the performance dept. Both the Mustang and the Camaro keep getting developed and the Challenger stays pretty much the same through the years. If you're buying style, get the Challenger, if you want power/performance, buy one of the other two.  :2cents:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline t1971Chally

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2012 - 06:43:50 PM »
Hey Devil,

Check this out.....

http://wot.motortrend.com/chrysler-acquires-rights-cuda-20291.html

Hmmmmmm..........

Ted
1971 Dodge Challenger 440 Magnum
:cheers:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2012 - 07:54:41 PM »

Haha, hey they could just redo the current challenger with all the best visual tidbits like a sad mouth and only put a 4 cylinder in it, turbo 4 for the rallye version. It would be just like 1972 all over again hahaha.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2012 - 08:49:28 PM »
who knows what will happen but i cant wait :stirpot:

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2012 - 03:43:26 AM »
I hope they are coming up with something in the performance dept. Both the Mustang and the Camaro keep getting developed and the Challenger stays pretty much the same through the years. If you're buying style, get the Challenger, if you want power/performance, buy one of the other two.  :2cents:

That is not entirely true...

The 6.1 was replaced by the 6.4 fairly recent, 2011 model year.  The 392 (6.4 litre) was available as a crate engine before it was in a production car.  The Generation III 426 Hemi engine is available as a Chrysler/Dodge crate engine now.  It is not completely unreasonable to believe in that trend. 

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2015 Chrysler 200c AWD 3.6L
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05