Author Topic: NEW CUDA TO REPLACE NEW CHALLENGER IS BEING DISCUSSED BY CHRYSLER  (Read 35701 times)

Offline t1971Chally

Re: NEW CUDA TO REPLACE NEW CHALLENGER IS BEING DISCUSSED BY CHRYSLER
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012 - 07:41:43 PM »
msbaugh,

It will be based on the Challenger platform...why make a new one?  The one they have will fit perfectly!!!

Its a coming......
Ted
1971 Dodge Challenger 440 Magnum
:cheers:

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012 - 07:58:58 PM »
I can S@@ why they might go with the 60's style Barracuda.
Not as big and bulky as the CHally and less weight,

( It started 69' Barra-Cuda's when they nick named a 'CUDA )

Added:  If they go with the 69  look it will give them the
future options add the e-body 70 Cuda.

SRT Challenger has become stagnant. But they did change the front valance. HAHA turned it up side down.  :roflsmiley:
Oh and added the 396 gas guzzler.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 - 09:36:00 PM by AARuFAST »
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2012 - 08:05:38 PM »
It would make way for a new, light weight, RWD chassis that even fiat can use for it's alpha cars.  Why make a rebadged challenger? They need something different... something that will address the current problems with the challenger... Its too big and too heavy to stay with the competition.  Unless it's a shortened version, the lx platform just isn't capable of a lightweight vehicle.  I swear to god, if they throw a new grille and badges on the challenger and try to call it a cuda I'm going to be pissed.  No more name games... make a barracuda, don't just name it one.  3600 or less pounds, a hemi, retro styling (A MUST), and 18" wheels max.

Offline Matt70

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012 - 12:13:51 AM »
Let's hope it does not look like the Dart...... if it comes at all
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Offline t1971Chally

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012 - 09:23:15 PM »
It will be on the same platform as the Challenger......

Its a coming.....
Ted
1971 Dodge Challenger 440 Magnum
:cheers:

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012 - 09:38:37 PM »
It will be on the same platform as the Challenger......

Its a coming.....

IT BETTER BE GOOD OR IT WILL BE THE DOWN FALL OF CHRYSLER oops FIAT , dont give a S*it.
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2012 - 07:58:45 PM »
I would love to see a new 'Cuda. My first muscle car was a 70 340 'Cuda and they are my favorite E body. That being said if Chrysler launches another muscle car on that bloated platform they are using now its just a waste of everyones time and Chryslers money. They are cool as hell but way overweight. They need to do it right and build if off a new platform that is more fitting for a muscle car, one they dont have to black out the bottom on to make it look less massive.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012 - 07:07:31 AM »
I think they should do a slight face change on the current Challenger and make a specific 1971 grille and tail panel for it to finish the model off on the LX platform and over lap it for one year when they release the new 'Cuda, this would be a fantastic way to give the Challenger the final hoora for being a great car that filled the void and stopped all those guys who bought one from making the mistake and buying one of the other two factory modern muscle cars.
I have visioned the New Challenger with 71 styling and it would be such an easy transformation to do and it would look real good with the 71 options that have been available on the current car like the 71 stripes and side scoops.
Just my :2cents: :wave:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012 - 09:30:34 AM »
I have visioned the New Challenger with 71 styling and it would be such an easy transformation to do and it would look real good with the 71 options that have been available on the current car like the 71 stripes and side scoops.
[/quote]

Well they already put the 71 stripes on the challenger "classic" editions... as far as the 71 grille is this what you mean? It was the original design in the concept model... but I agree with you, just change the taillights to the split 71 design and add those side scoops and you've got another 2 year production run :)  It would be a relatively easy refresh

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2012 - 09:35:11 AM »
I am confident it will be sweet and the R/D department will have new goodies!! :bigsmile: If it utilizes the chally set-up it will be nice!!

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012 - 01:01:06 PM »
Maybe because I want one, but haven't bought one yet, I seem to be the only one here that LIKES the current Challenger more than the smaller/lighter Camaro or Mustang.  I'm a big guy, so something the size of a Honda S2000 is out no matter how cool it looks.  Every comparo article I've read gives the Challenger props for being the better car on the road, not the track, but actual driving around town, long distance, etc.  That said, if they could keep it from shrinking too much, get more performance and lose the SRT8 gas guzzler tax, all in a true E Body retro look, I'm in.  I may be sleeping in it for a while, but I'm in.

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012 - 01:58:14 PM »
Why ruin the new Challenger and make it look like an ugly fish. Challengers rule and Plymouth is history.  :stirpot: I have always said a limited edition Cuda would be a no brainer, just like a limited edition Firebird should be made with the Camaro :2cents:

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012 - 03:58:53 PM »
challenger > (camaro + mustang)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012 - 06:27:11 PM »

Well they already put the 71 stripes on the challenger "classic" editions... as far as the 71 grille is this what you mean? It was the original design in the concept model... but I agree with you, just change the taillights to the split 71 design and add those side scoops and you've got another 2 year production run :)  It would be a relatively easy refresh
No not the concept car, i was talking about the split grille on the original 71 Challengers buddy, you know what i mean :grinyes: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012 - 08:27:58 PM »
Maybe because I want one, but haven't bought one yet, I seem to be the only one here that LIKES the current Challenger more than the smaller/lighter Camaro or Mustang.  I'm a big guy, so something the size of a Honda S2000 is out no matter how cool it looks.  Every comparo article I've read gives the Challenger props for being the better car on the road, not the track, but actual driving around town, long distance, etc.  That said, if they could keep it from shrinking too much, get more performance and lose the SRT8 gas guzzler tax, all in a true E Body retro look, I'm in.  I may be sleeping in it for a while, but I'm in.

Later, Jim

I have a new Challenger and I completely agree.

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2015 Chrysler 200c AWD 3.6L
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05