Author Topic: dashpad from Classic Industries  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Mopar_Mudder

• I'm a llama!
Re: dashpad from Classic Industries
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012 - 10:06:42 AM »
I am not so much worried about putting in better sounding speakers as I am have the correct configuration. As a matter a fact I would rather have it sound like it did in 1971, using an original FM radio.
1971 Hemi Cuda

2005 SRT-10 Regular Cab Flame Red.   12.771 @ 109.67 <-----Time Slip --Video
Mopar: Headers, Exhaust, Ram Air, ECM

2008 3500 Mega Cab Dually, Resistal Edition

Offline Final Challenge

Re: dashpad from Classic Industries
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012 - 10:41:47 PM »
I just put a dual voice single front speaker in mine. Works great. There is also a 4 x 10 speaker plate that has provisions for 2 3.5 speakers in the single speaker location. Problem that I found with the outside speaker holes was not much room on the dash frame underneath for much of a speaker. You also do the new kickpads that have speakers built in.

I just spent some time figuring out how large of a hole someone can make in the dash frame for speakers with larger magnets.  There is no problem with the passenger side; a generous hole can be made.  The driver side is limited to a 2 and 13/16" magnet. It is a tight fit that requires reshaping the foam some a little more forward than the passenger side. Slightly smaller magnets would be better. The speakers can be fastened to the dashpad frame and speaker grills that are somewhat compromised can be reworked to just cover everything.  I am certain it is worth the effort.