Author Topic: Harms Auto / Scott Smith carb rebuild?  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Harms Auto / Scott Smith carb rebuild?
« on: February 03, 2012 - 08:04:44 PM »
I bought a completely restored date code correct carb (from someone other than Scott.... I do not want to out him just yet), but needless to say it was a HUGE pile of stinky poo poo. Looked good, but that's all it did. I took it apart and found several things wrong with it (major things).

Since I've seen Scott Smith of Harms Auto get so many great things posted about him on this site I Picked up the phone and called him. Scott was super nice to talk to and it didn't take me long to decide I wanted him to build my next carb. It gets even better! He had a date code correct perfectly restored carb right on his shelf already done. He gave me a super price so dropped the check in the mail the next day. I'm not joking, the very next day I have a brand new restored carb on my door step! Talk about great service! Man oh man I was a happy camper. Did nothing but bolt the carb on and with a small idle adjustment my car jumped to life! Runs and drives like a like it should now.

A big thanks to everyone on here who has taken the time to post about good vendors and to Scott for taking the time to go above and beyond was is expected. Very happy customer!   :woohoo:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: Harms Auto / Scott Smith carb rebuild?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012 - 08:12:39 PM »
Have had the pleasure of hanging out with Scott a few times, very cool guy! He does phenomenal work!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012 - 08:17:39 PM »
I don't ever recall having heard anything negative about Scott.   He loves bugs :bigsmile:.  Nothing but good and dependable

Offline Gumby

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012 - 08:45:55 PM »
Your engine compartment is the nicest looking, cleanest I've seen in some time. SWEET!
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012 - 09:58:13 PM »
 :droolingbounce: Turned out spectacular!! :hyper:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012 - 10:06:42 PM »
Scott gets A+ in my book too.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012 - 01:58:49 PM »
   That's what is so nice about being on forums like this. You get to hear about great venders/service ect., (and the not so great) so you know who to use to get quality items for your project. It sure saved me a bunch of money and stress by having  this kind of information first.  I hope to have him do my original thermoquad in the near future.   

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012 - 02:57:12 PM »
Scott is one of the great people  :2thumbs:
SO how does it run ??

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012 - 03:25:43 PM »
hey cody,  that engine bay looks absolutely sweet  :drool:   good luck with the new carb  :2thumbs:    did the other one come from a member here?
*** Bart ***

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012 - 11:19:42 PM »
The other person that sold me the 1st carb is a extremely close with a member on here.  Not a very active member, but still someone that does business here.  I will not out them, but it would be nice if they would return my email about the problem.  I haven't heard back from them yet and want to give them time to respond.  I have photos of all the damaged and problem areas of the "restored" carb they sold me, so this will not be a he said she said deal.

The car now runs really good with the carb Scott sold me.  I'm need to drop down a few in the jets because it's running rich, but overall I'm really happy with it.

Only a few more little things to do to this car and then on to the next one.   :woohoo:  Well, I have two other things to do before I start the next car.... one of them is pick up another real deal numbers matching T/A next week.  :crazy:    :bananasmi:   :bananasmi:   :bananasmi:   :bananasmi
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012 - 06:45:06 AM »
What year/engine is that?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012 - 07:16:48 PM »
I don't ever recall having heard anything negative about Scott.   He loves bugs :bigsmile:.  Nothing but good and dependable

Same thing I was thinking Alan.

Don

The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012 - 12:24:39 AM »
1970 Challenger RT 383.  Still have a few things to do to it, but overall I'm trying to stay with a stock look.

What year/engine is that?

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012 - 09:02:15 AM »
I have had dealings with Scott since the early 90's.  He has always been a good guy to deal with.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012 - 09:10:46 AM »
1970 Challenger RT 383.  Still have a few things to do to it, but overall I'm trying to stay with a stock look.

That`s what I thought.How correct is it?I`m trying to get pics of correctly detailed engine bays for my `70 383 road runner.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi