Wow hot topic on Moparts....Galen is a member.

Author Topic: Wow hot topic on Moparts....Galen is a member.  (Read 14913 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Wow hot topic on Moparts....Galen is a member.
« on: February 06, 2012 - 07:49:22 PM »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Wow hot topic on Moparts....Galen is a member.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012 - 08:04:20 PM »
It is deep. Galen isn't responding right now. I read through 8 pages an hr or 2 ago. :2thumbs:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012 - 08:14:05 PM »
Open yourself up to being FLAMED on MOPARTS !!.... What wuz he thinking?  :screwy:      Where will it ever end?  :stirpot:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012 - 08:16:58 PM »
There is some drama I certainly don't need.  Don't know him nor have I had any dealings with him.  I must say he does not have a good track record though . . .  :eek4:

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012 - 08:32:55 PM »
who is galen?
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012 - 08:38:43 PM »
 :roflsmiley:   Who is Galen?
Its Brads70 fault to taking us into sin.    :bigsmile:   :villagers:
Where's the beef?
Y hasn't DD-G become a member on CC?
Alaska ( Washington ) has a great website,
Does DD-G have a website?
I'd like to see someone else do the job of validating a Mopar or any make an model,
u better be correct or your head is on the chopping block.
DD-G has every  right to charge for his expertise..
It can be a headache when u get flooded with requests.
I have thought about sending in the info on my AAR and Gr Cpe Vertible.
But my cars are documented on the build sheets and vin tag, so why do
I need a piece of paper from DD-G?

DD-G had a few cars on Barrett-JackAzz, last month.
What is confusing to me is when a Clean Barracuda slant 6, 318, 340 or whatever motor is
cloned into a "" Hemi '' " and the cloner expects to get $100th plus for it.
And there is some sucker that will pay the price.
Why do 60's Camaro's, (dime a dozen ), go for big bucks?
OOP's got carried away.   :worshippy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012 - 08:42:58 PM by AARuFAST »
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012 - 09:19:33 PM »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012 - 10:36:36 PM »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012 - 11:46:46 PM »
:roflsmiley:

This is how I see him :bigshades:

That CRACKED ME UP!!!

Love that they are ripping him a new one over there, but not worth taking the time to read all those posts.
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012 - 11:54:56 PM »
I agree.  I got a few pages in and decided that was a waste of time.  :eek4: >:(

So, did anyone else read all of it?  :chatting:

Did Galen have anything interesting to say or was it all just a bunch of crap?  :poopoke:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012 - 12:28:58 AM »
 Theres always something flying around moparts. I think Gaylen made himself a good home with the rest of the know it alls over there as that place is full of them  :lol:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012 - 01:22:22 AM »
I can't believe I read so much of that... Some people take this hobby way to seriously lol It's supposed to be fun and enjoyable.  That's exactly why Im not so fond of Meccum or BJ in the first place. interesting to watch but most those cars are for rich snobs anyways so who cares? The real Mopar loyalists are the ones building cars in their garage and driving them every weekend on the street or strip... and a person who can do it with out big money.  I may be naive but I'm a young college kid and I'm doing it

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012 - 01:24:37 AM »
Or trying to do it at least  :roflsmiley:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012 - 08:00:47 AM »
I read a little bit over there and yeah, I guess the perception of him of a lot of people is that he's an egocentric, Mopar snob that charges people for everything that comes out of his mouth and to some degree it's very true.  Also I guess there are issues with his timeliness of getting info back out to people and back orders of his work.

But (and I might be in the minority on this) I kind of feel sorry for him in ways.  One of the posts over there makes a good point.  The vast majority of his information (Not necessarily his infomation but moreso Mopar information) with the help of the internet can be found easily on the internet.  How many times has someone needed a fender tag decoded and like in an hour that person will have several responses.  It wasn't always that easy.

That wasn't the case years ago when that info wasn't as widely spread on the internet and Galen Govier was a great source of info for fender tag decoding and verification of Mopars.  In ways his services have become dated because of the internet and also from what I understand his attitude has affected his perception of a lot of people.  He's now become almost like a household joke.

But with out Galen Govier, perhaps our Mopars wouldn't have the same value if he wasn't around long a go to place a value on all the stuff he decodes for people.  I dunno, just my opinion...  :2cents:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline RB2929

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012 - 08:19:22 AM »
I read a little bit over there and yeah, I guess the perception of him of a lot of people is that he's an egocentric, Mopar snob that charges people for everything that comes out of his mouth and to some degree it's very true.  Also I guess there are issues with his timeliness of getting info back out to people and back orders of his work.

But (and I might be in the minority on this) I kind of feel sorry for him in ways.  One of the posts over there makes a good point.  The vast majority of his information (Not necessarily his infomation but moreso Mopar information) with the help of the internet can be found easily on the internet.  How many times has someone needed a fender tag decoded and like in an hour that person will have several responses.  It wasn't always that easy.

That wasn't the case years ago when that info wasn't as widely spread on the internet and Galen Govier was a great source of info for fender tag decoding and verification of Mopars.  In ways his services have become dated because of the internet and also from what I understand his attitude has affected his perception of a lot of people.  He's now become almost like a household joke.

But with out Galen Govier, perhaps our Mopars wouldn't have the same value if he wasn't around long a go to place a value on all the stuff he decodes for people.  I dunno, just my opinion...  :2cents:

:iagree:
Way back in 1993 I had Galen decode my fender tag.  He sent me the decoded breakdown along with a picture of a Cuda explaining each item.  It cost a few dollars, but well worth it.  I even called him on the phone just to say thanks  - that's when you were charged for long distance phone calls. 

BTW – there are quite a few jobs out there where you get paid good money for your knowledge, aside from car appraisals.  Autograph analysis, antique appraisals, home appraisals, etc.
Having an expert analyze your potential purchase of a Hemi Cuda, 440 +6 Chally, etc, can save you grief if after the purchase you find out you bought a clone.
And, if selling your car, having a letter of authenticity will expedite (and increase $$) the sale.
And, you know what, if you don’t want his paid-for-expert-opinion, well, don’t call him.

My little time with Galen, and the experience of a couple of Mopar friends, we all like the man.
Ron