Author Topic: This sh*t is awesome!  (Read 3431 times)

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Re: This sh*t is awesome!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012 - 10:14:25 AM »
Not trying to start an argument with you , I just dont agree that you can blame everything on the way a child is raised as to why they do things wrong,,if I offended you I apologize,,was only stating my  :2cents: about the issue
All good brother.
Just opinions of different thinking minds coming together to give their  :2cents:
We all don't think alike......and that is a great thing.
The world would suck otherwise.
No offense taken my friend  :cheers:

(And yes, I did read your whole post......just being a goof on my side  :thumbsup: )

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Glennster

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012 - 11:08:08 AM »
This is a tough one...... I've seen kids that were totally BAD, even with good parents and a good home. At the other end, you see kids succeed in spite of terrible parents and nasty broken homes. The blame game is a tricky one to play, who's fault is it that this young girl has turned out to be such a disrespectful person???????
  I have 3 imperfect kids that are being raised by a very imperfect Dad and great Mom. I thank God every day that so far, my kids are respectful, productive people.

As much as I support the Dad for laying down the law, I think doing it on Youtube is a terribly stupid idea.
  I hope this family can get together and fix their problems, this kind of trouble in a house is a real crime. I'll put them in my prayers.

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012 - 03:31:24 PM »
i would have done the same , smashed it with the car / shot it with a shot gun  or the same as he did. its not takeing the problem out on the computer it was eliminateing  the use of face book .  i wouldnt have posted it on you tube for the world to see but thats me .   GOOD FOR HIM !!  i can see the frustration  :wavingflag:
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012 - 03:53:21 PM »
I just hope that family can work it out. The girls facebook post was not a good idea and the fathers reaction, IMO, was worse. When individuals go to such extremes, patching things up becomes very difficult. It would be a shame if the incident he chose to put on Facebook ends up being the reason he is not a part of his daughter's life in the future. If that style of discipline works, great, but I have my doubts.
(not intended to offend anyone with a different idea of bringing up kids - just my opinion)
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012 - 05:26:35 PM »
With parents being handicapped and hijacked by kids these days, I say he did a great thing. The fact that the cops gave him their blessing shows they must agree also. All a belligerant smart mouth sassy rebellious teen needs to do is call social services and they know they have their parent wrapped around their little finger. I applaud this man. He is standing up for his rights and not abusing that snot nosed punk girl in anyway, and is letting her know he is not going to belittled and abused by her. I happen to have three nephews that were brought up by loving parents, and they all turned out alright. Exceptional, actually. Which is hard to believe in this day and age. I've seen preachers kids be the biggest hellraisers in town (over and over actually) and kids from crappy dysfunctional homes excel. This guy was probably at the end of his rope. Counciling yadayadayada does nothing when the kid knows they can blow the whole thing up in their parents face by claiming abuse. PARENTS have no rights anymore. Which is really freaky bizarre, when you consider most of these parents were kids back in the day of rebellion - ala1960s and up. It was ok for them to party and smoke dope and race cars and have fun - but damn it it my kids are going to endanger themselves like I did - so lets pass laws that handcuff every parent in the nation. weird. I don't get that line of thinking. BLAME the liberals for you not being able to discipline your own kids or raise them the way you see fit. Blame your selves for letting these liberals be voted in to try their social experiments on a mass scale. If I got my butt paddled in school for something, I was more afraid of when I got home as to what was coming. Personal responsibility is the biggest thing missing in America today. Rant over.  :cheers: No hard feelings.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012 - 06:46:23 PM »
Ok, my  :2cents: .  I have a bad short term memory but does he make her pour his coffe in the morning?  I think there's a lot more than meets the eye and more iinfo is needed.

Does she really do all the things that she said on the Facebook wall?  I don't know what is the truth.  Does she really do all those chores?  How old is she?  Is she like 14-15 years old?

I dunno, I think he over reacted with the gun and the laptop.  No, I don't think he's just a redneck with a gun, but does it really need to come to this extreme?

So does he think that was the only computer his daughter will ever get a hold of?  There's computers at school, the library?

Who is the one acting like a child?  Does he just go around shooting at things he doesn't like?  Ok, sounds like a real grown up. 

It appears this is the first message he is sending his daughter.  Hey dad, how about trying to TALK to her?  Maybe HE is the issue....  :2cents:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Gumby

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012 - 08:55:53 PM »
You are probably right, Super Blue. We don't know the whole story. But the way I was brought up, she doesn't have it that bad. I had to get up early to go to school for either band practice or wrestling, suffer through school, then football or wrestling practice after school. then home for supper, then, my entire family were the janitors for a local bank, so we all went to clean the bank for a couple of hours, then back home to do homework. And still had to do household chores. And yet I had plenty of time to hang out with my buddies. I was on this cycle for many years. Even found time to take a girl out on dates in my Charger. It's not like the girl is being over burdened. My sister was 2 years older than me and went through the same deal, and didn't suffer this drama. That's what it took to put food on the table and pay for all of our school activities. In the summer I mowed lawns when younger, and then later helped my dad doing carpentry. She is not being abused. But maybe she and apparently her step dad don't see eye to eye. I think that is the real problem (did you happen to hear him say something to that effect in his vid? I also sold greeting cards door to door when I was a youngster to satisfy my model hobby. Even bought a B/W (black and white - for those who are wondering what b/w is lol.) television with procedes one year. (a 12" mono model!) This all in a very small town. Maybe dad needs to lighten up or approach her in a totally different manner. Hugs and kisses and pats on the back and an occasional "atta Girl" can go a long way. Threats and verbal stuff usually have the total opposite effect. But man oh man, if I bad mouthed my folks like that - let's just say I know what a good rump roasting feels like and how good a mouthful of soap tastes. lol. Still remember it to this day. Looking back, it wasn't a bad thing.  :2cents:
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012 - 10:17:12 PM »
I'm with Phil (Super Blue) on this one.  There's not enough information out of this one video to make any sort of rational judgement about this family's life, save to say it sounds pretty dysfunctional.

When the guy started reading his daughter's post, I immediately flashed on my (soon-to-be ex-) wife's upbringing.  She was in a similar situation - domineering alcoholic father, forced to do almost all the chores around the house or she'd be beaten, unable to talk to him or stand up to him.  If something like Facebook had been around back then, I'm sure she would have posted something similar if she thought she could have got away with it.  Unfortunately, she had no outlet and no support and the anger and rage accumulated and has adversely affected almost every relationship in her life.  So when I hear her outburst (and I don't think it was appropriate for Facebook, but that's what kids do), I have to think she's in for lifetime of anger if she and her parents can't come to some sort of peaceful resolution.  :nono:

:2cents:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012 - 11:00:07 PM »
I am just Grateful I raised a Good kid with a strong belief in God and Jesus. She gets great grades in school and is not a hassle at all, despite having to battle it all with asperger syndrome. I bet she is also a better shot than most at the range since she has had training from Dad and Grandpa since she was 6 yrs old. If Lady Gaga , the Powerpuff girls, and Eminem are raising your kids this is probably what you get a lazy self-absorbed brat with no respect for authority.

P.S. the Village will ruin your kid.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:34:06 AM »
I am just Grateful I raised a Good kid with a strong belief in God and Jesus. She gets great grades in school and is not a hassle at all, despite having to battle it all with asperger syndrome. I bet she is also a better shot than most at the range since she has had training from Dad and Grandpa since she was 6 yrs old. If Lady Gaga , the Powerpuff girls, and Eminem are raising your kids this is probably what you get a lazy self-absorbed brat with no respect for authority.

P.S. the Village will ruin your kid.
The three nephews that turned out great, well their dad is president of the school board, and is very active on the Church council. But that doesn't cut them any slack. They did the usual goofy things kids do while growing up. But they had to face the consequences as well. There was no get out of jail free card. One is even considering joining the seminary to become a preacher. He might have to give up his chewing and beer drinking, or maybe not? lol. He is a really cool kid. Has his head on straight. really, if a kid holds their parents hostage, what recourse do the parents have? CPS is ready willing and able to take the kid away and haul the parents to jail. They will almost always believe the kid over the parent. What's a guy to do?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012 - 12:36:48 AM by Gumby »

Offline Gumby

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012 - 01:26:10 AM »
Found another video of this. The one posted above IS NOT THE COMPLETE VIDEO. It is missing vital info. The original video is 8 1/2 minutes long. Watch the original - not cut down version - and you will have a drastically different viewpoint. I'm behind this guy 100%. I will buy him bullets.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012 - 01:35:57 AM »
You people REALLY REALLY need to see the WHOLE video. This POS girl is yanking this mans chain. And she knows she can get away with it. If I was him, I would kick her out of the house and walk away from her and let the school of hard knocks drill some sense into her head. Ain't nothing like the real world to wake you up. Teddy said it best. "What we've got here, is a failure to communicate. Some men, you just can't reach" She is 16. He owns the house and sets the rules. My way or the highway. And he ain't asking much. She seems like a spoiled rotten brat. Of course, this could be an internet scam to see how much hate mail gets stirred up as well. Who knows whats real and what isn't these days. I really shouldn't get my panties in a bunch, but it reminds me SO much of my ex. haha.  :ylsuper: I qi
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012 - 01:55:33 AM by Gumby »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012 - 02:13:42 PM »
Found another video of this. The one posted above IS NOT THE COMPLETE VIDEO. It is missing vital info. The original video is 8 1/2 minutes long. Watch the original - not cut down version - and you will have a drastically different viewpoint. I'm behind this guy 100%. I will buy him bullets.

Linky to the video?  :dunno:  WOill be interesting to see...  :popcorn:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012 - 02:18:53 PM »

It definitely puts things more in perspective.  I still think shooting the laptop was over-the-top, but I can sure understand his frustration a lot more.

Here's the Facebook posting of the video.  http://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii/posts/299559803434210
If you can look at it, it's good to go back to his wall and read some of his posts since the video went viral.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012 - 02:31:49 PM by NoMope Greg »
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012 - 03:28:53 PM »
 you would be the type of partent not to teach a child how to earn their keep . what you stated they will grow up and take advantage of your every move .
if a parent buys everything for their child  and allows  disrespect in the house hold the child will always be a child . IMOP even though she can go anywhere to post on face book its ok just not in his house on the computer he bought for her  . at the rate she is going she needs military school .life is earned not given and not free  :2thumbs:
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30