Author Topic: Whitney Houston Dead........  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Gumby

Re: Whitney Houston Dead........
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:49:50 PM »
I expect this to totally dominate the news for the next week and if nobody is looking the Politicians will pass some more sneaky laws in the middle of the night while everyone is mournin whitney!! Were lucky she didn,t pass on a friday or they would have raised the debt ceiling another trillion. She was a great singer but the media goes overboard and she will be Mother teresa by the end of the week.
You are 100% correct. Quantative Easing 3 is probably now being shoved down our throats. While we lay sleeping, dreaming of sugar plums and candy canes and 'Cudas and Challengers! lol.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012 - 05:20:41 PM »
Found in her bathtub. Possible she drowned.
She spoke to Aretha Franklin earlier by phone.

Wasn't Aretha Frankiln her aunt or something?  I heard that Dionne Warwick was related to her as well.

Very sad.  In the 80's on some stations you would always hear her music.

Is she still married to Bobby Brown?  He wasn't exactly a good influence on her...
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012 - 06:43:51 PM »
:iagree: First off i don't even compare Whitney to Elvis, not even close. She was a good singer i'll give her that and its a shame she passed but people young and old die everyday and just because they're famous its like the world will end to the media. I'm sick about hearing it all already.

I was comparing similarities in how their carreers were waning and how they died.
Not who was better.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline cudabeforeIdie

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012 - 09:06:51 PM »
Some might not think her passing away is a big deal.

I think of her of like when Elvis died.
Both were in the bathroom found dead, both were taking pills, both were struggling in their career when they died.

A bio on her:
Her list of awards includes two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, and 22 American Music Awards, among a total of 415 career awards as of 2010. Houston was also one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 170 million albums, singles and videos worldwide. In 2009, the Guinness World Records cited her as the most-awarded female act of all time.

It's a big deal to me Mike, I was stunned when I saw the news, I cried. She was the voice of my generation, and having just recently lost my mom, my heart bleeds for her young daughter. Who's going to look after her? Her degenerate father? Hoping Dionne takes her in.

Here's a link to Whitney's Super Bowl performance of our national anthem. The bar by which all singers are judged for this song. If this doesn't make you cry or send chills up your spine, you're already dead.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012 - 09:16:11 PM »
Simon Cowell had her as a candidate for a judge, X factor. 
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012 - 09:29:15 PM »
very sad to see that

Offline cudabeforeIdie

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012 - 12:17:53 AM »
Simon Cowell had her as a candidate for a judge, X factor.

Wow, that would have been huge for her.

Did anyone watch the grammy's tonight? Thought LLCoolJ did a great job in the beginning eulogizing her, Jennifer Hudson did a great job too and that was tough for her

Really wanted to hear the newly repaired Adele. Phew! Chock up another one for the great docs at Mass General!  :cheers:
They've fixed Roger Daltry, Cher, Steven Tyler and Julie Andrews among others.

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012 - 02:03:55 AM »
I was comparing similarities in how their carreers were waning and how they died.
Not who was better.
Dang it topcat i quoted the wrong the wrong post i'm sorry about that  :eek4:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012 - 02:15:03 AM »
I liked her, but her bad news was Bobby Brown getting her addicted to drugs. She was never the same. I can't comprehend the life of a star, too many good people die everyday than to have me fret over a star who had everything and ....

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012 - 02:46:12 AM »
I liked her, but her bad news was Bobby Brown getting her addicted to drugs. She was never the same. I can't comprehend the life of a star, too many good people die everyday than to have me fret over a star who had everything and ....
Exlacly  :iagree:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012 - 10:29:20 AM »
I heard she was slated for aleading role in an upcoming movie called "Sparkle".  Could have been a come back for her...  :walkaway:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger