Craziest ticket you ever got?

Author Topic: Craziest ticket you ever got?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Gumby

Craziest ticket you ever got?
« on: February 11, 2012 - 10:16:18 PM »
Didn't actually get a ticket for it, but got threatened with DWHUA. I asked the cop, what's that? He replied Driving With Your Head Up Your ... ok, you know what I'm saying. What's the whackiest you've been charged with or threatened with? In my case, kids were on a corner egging me on to burn some rubber. Cop was RIGHT behind me. I never even saw it coming! lol. In my GN. felt like a total idiot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012 - 10:19:56 PM by Gumby »
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline burnt orange

Re: Craziest ticket you ever got?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012 - 10:45:49 PM »
When I was young and full of pi$$, I had a motorcycle cop pull me over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.  I deserved the ticket, but for some stupid reason when he gave it to me I said "So, does that make your quota for the day?"  Well, much to everyone's surprise, he then noticed that one headlight was out!  Another ticket.
Fortunately I held my tongue that time.  He then followed me for 15 minutes through city traffic, all the way to my apartment parking lot!

I have since learned that any traffic cop can find motor vehicle law infractions in direct proportion to the attitude of the driver.
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline willhaven

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012 - 11:31:08 PM »
I got Catch 22'ed into a ticket. Registration on a car lapsed, replaced the battery (it had been sitting), went to get it inspected so I could get the registration updated. They couldn't complete the inspection because the computer needed 50-100mi of driving on the new battery before it would give them a correct reading.

That's when I got pulled over.

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:24:51 AM »
I was in my Cuda behind my brother in his Cuda . I started line locking my car when a cop drove around a blind corner towards me . He stopped next to me rolled down his window and yelled "That's going to cost you a lot of money" . Then drove away . Boy did I feel lucky . :burnout:

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:29:32 AM »
This is for real.  I think the year was 1986.  My buddy and I were stopped in Lake Clark Shores Florida for Obstruction of Vision.  The cop said the wing on the back of the Super Bird was the culprit.   The judge dismissed the case because the car was issued from the Chrysler DOT legal with the rear wing. 
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:38:45 AM »
When I was 16 and knew it all  :roflsmiley: I actually ran a cop off the road totally by accident. I lived in the sticks and was cruising back roads with a car load of my also smart teenage friends. I was driving a 1973 Dodge Dart. I came to a stop sign and was egged on to get squirly and burn some serious rubber. I nailed the gas, went flying around the corner literally sideways around a blind curve. Guess who was coming the other way??  :22yikes: A deputy sheriff on his way home from work. I forced him off the road into a ditch in his attempt to avoid hiting me. My car stalled in the middle of the road. Since I didn't hit him I was trying to restart it and drive off. Brilliant idea. NOT. Next thing I know I was looking down the barrel of a Smith & Wesson service revolver. I crapped my pants  :pullinghair:  while my "friends" laughed as I got a serious tongue lashing. Did I get a ticket? :dunno:Well DUH!! I got the meet 2 nice state policemen as the deputy sheriff was out of his jurisdiction. The dumb things we do as teenagers!!  :smilielol: :roflsmiley: :smilielol:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012 - 02:48:25 AM »
I got one warning for speeding when I was a teenager. The guy told me when he saw me, and my guess is that he never gave me the ticket because it took him quite a while to catch me lol. I did get 3 tickets for not wearing my seat belt as a teenager (that town cop really hated me lol) my car broke shortly after that and I bought one with automatic seat belts, problem solved!

I did get one ticket a couple years ago for speeding, and I'm glad it was after a corner that she saw me. I got the ticket for 85 mph in a 75 zone. If she had seen me a couple minutes earlier I was going well over 100 mph lol.
Cuda is gone :(

74 satellite, daily driver/project now

Offline Gumby

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012 - 03:10:04 AM »
I did have a buddy with a 68 Chevelle, that was quick thinking. he peeled out and roasted the tires, and the cop flipped on his lights, but the buddy pulled into a parking spot and jumped out and popped the hood, and convinced the cop that his throttle return spring had popped off. No ticket. I hated him at the time! lol. But Kudos to him.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012 - 07:15:35 AM »
Egged on by my co-workers I go out at lunch time and fire up the cuda.I pull around the corner and wait untill no cars are coming and pull up in front of the biulding and proceed to set the line lock and nail the gas.As the smoke starts billowing and the guys are chearing me on I see a black Dodge Intrepid coming the other way and it stops almost directly across from me.I`m thinking what are the odds that is an unmarked?Just as I say think that the blues come on in his grill as the smoke rolls over his hood.At that point I know I`m screwed so I release the line lock,burn through first and chirp second and coast into the parking lot.Cop pulls in right behind me and all he says is "you know you`re getting a ticket fot that.right?" with a slight smirk on his face. I sheepishly nod my head yes and he comes back with a ticket for excessive niose/tires for $50.I got off easy as there are a bunch of things he could have hit me with more serious ( and expensive! ) so it was worth the $50 ticket for the laugh we all had afterwards.  :roflsmiley:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline spamtank

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012 - 07:48:47 AM »
Back around 1978 or 79, I had air shocks and mags on my 66 Dodge Coronet.  We used to "cruise the circuit" in down town Harrisburg, Pa.  I knew what the legal bumper height was, and I always checked it before heading out.  I also had the front end lowered a bit, so it had a pretty good rake to it.  I had a set of nunchucks on the seat next to me.

I saw the cop pull around the corner behind me, and the lights went on.  As he approached the car, I tried to hide the nunchucks under the seat.  Well, out comes his revolver.  He asked me what I put under the seat.  I politely told him, and he instructed me to put them in the trunk.  Then he proceeded to inform me that my bumper was too high, so he got the tape measure out, and low and behold it was legal.  In the end, he wrote me a ticket for something hanging from the rear view mirror. 

In the end, I think I got off easy.  Now-a-days, I probably would have been shot, or at least drug out of the car and "searched".
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012 - 11:45:51 AM »
In the late 80's, Charlie decided that we'd take the kids to get pumpkins. So out came the 'cuda, top down as it was a great Fall day and off we went with our 2 young boys in the back seat wide eyed with adventure. As we went barreling along in an area where there has never been before or ever since, we came up to an Inspection Sticker checkpoint. Now, sounding a bit loud because only half the exhaust was good, being a bright orange convertible with orange seats blazing in the sun, we got "noticed" and motioned to pull over. Registration was good, Insurance was good, Inspection Sticker was not so good... 10 years expired... Oh well, at least the officer had a good laugh as he handed us the ticket.

We did get the pumpkins.  Last time the 'cuda was on the road somewhat legally.

judy

Offline Barracudadan

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:47:07 PM »
When I was a teenager I had a 69 Camaro with the seam on the muffler split wide open. I thought it sounded cool but the state trooper working a road detail didn`t and pulled me over. When he put his hand on my bald Eagle GT tire in the back, he yelled from getting stabbed by the wires sticking out. I thought I was dead meat! He was so pissed he just yelled at me to get my muffler fixed and get new tires and get the Hell out of here. Lol! There were other incidents in my youth but that one comes to mind first!

As luck would have it (or lack of it) right now I have a speeding ticket sitting on my desk for going 83 in a 65 on I- 90 in New York! :( Anyone traveling eastbound watch out. This state trooper sits in the middle of the hi-way between exits 9 and 10 shooting radar you see him as you crest the hill when it`s too late! He got me heading home last Friday and he was sitting there again this Friday!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012 - 01:58:58 PM »
I was actually issued a ticket in VA around 1982 for "Extremely Reckless Driving." I had met up with an ex-girlfriend, in her new boyfriend's Trans Am, and when she said "race you back to my place" I wasn't about to let him win. I was actually being more or less legal, but at one point I was hanging a very nice left turn and I let the tires squeal...right in front of a cop. I'm not sure of the situation in other states, but in VA any noise from the tires at all is considered reckless driving, so when she kicked on the lights I nailed it. She had a 80s Chevy 302, so I wasn't worried in the least, until I took a turn to drop her ad the carb choked. I had just rebuilt it, and I think I must have gotten a piece of dirt in it. Car died and vapor locked on the spot.

I was laughing my ass off, and I'm sure she thought I was stoned, but I was just thinking "What a rush!" I guess I was stoned in a way; I was high on driving. Anyway, she said to me "I could charge you with every moving violation on the books, but I don't want to be here all day writing tickets. I'm just going to charge you with Extremely Reckless Driving." I was so proud.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012 - 05:37:39 PM »
I got a $200 ticket for driving 65mph in a 40mph zone and passing a car on the right.  I happily took the ticket because I was actually doing 85mph in a 40mph zone when he caught me. 

It was Sunday morning at 7:30am with literally only one car, a taxi in the left hand lane and my wanted me back in a hurry to bring some breakfast back for some friends before their 2hr ride back home.  Had Integra with Mugen Racing suspension, handle like it was on rails.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012 - 06:02:14 PM »
Not as great a story as some of these, but my favorite was getting pulled over in the Viper just a few years ago for "turning abruptly" from a main road onto a side-street.  He also accused me of not signaling though I absolutely did, however my headlights are tinted so I just played along ('cause I wasn't going to point out the tint.)  However after it all, I didn't actually get a ticket.  :)
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)