Author Topic: Craziest ticket you ever got?  (Read 3669 times)

Offline 06Daytona

Re: Craziest ticket you ever got?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012 - 06:09:15 PM »
Back when I was 17 or 18 I was really lucky. I was out at a bush party with a bunch of friends and got the job of driving them home because I didn't have anything to drink. I had a 78 Plymouth Fury at the time and we loaded it up with 4 people in the front and 4 in the back, none but me with seatbelts on. On the way home I was doing 45 kph in a 30 zone, slaloming the line between the two south lanes without signalling, had the music cranked way up, and it was about 3 in the morning. I saw the cop flip his lights on so I told everybody to act extra drunk, which was pretty easy for most of them and then I pulled over nicely. Gave the cop my license and registration, got out of the car and did the stupid human tricks, and explained to him that I to get the drunks home and one had dropped a smoke in my lap which caused the swerving, they were being noisy so I had the music cranked to drown them out and nobody had seatbelts on because I was the only sober driver going to that part of town so I got stuck with all the clowns and I was speeding so I would have to spend as little time with them as possible.
I got a warning about using my signals when I change lanes and a 'have a good night and thanks for not drinking and driving'.
He also told me that if I had been an a$$ he would have got me with over 600 bucks in fines. This was over 20 years ago, so in today money that would be a even bigger.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012 - 08:21:45 PM »
Back when I was 17 or 18 I was really lucky. I was out at a bush party with a bunch of friends and got the job of driving them home because I didn't have anything to drink. I had a 78 Plymouth Fury at the time and we loaded it up with 4 people in the front and 4 in the back, none but me with seatbelts on. On the way home I was doing 45 kph in a 30 zone, slaloming the line between the two south lanes without signalling, had the music cranked way up, and it was about 3 in the morning. I saw the cop flip his lights on so I told everybody to act extra drunk, which was pretty easy for most of them and then I pulled over nicely. Gave the cop my license and registration, got out of the car and did the stupid human tricks, and explained to him that I to get the drunks home and one had dropped a smoke in my lap which caused the swerving, they were being noisy so I had the music cranked to drown them out and nobody had seatbelts on because I was the only sober driver going to that part of town so I got stuck with all the clowns and I was speeding so I would have to spend as little time with them as possible.
I got a warning about using my signals when I change lanes and a 'have a good night and thanks for not drinking and driving'.
He also told me that if I had been an a$$ he would have got me with over 600 bucks in fines. This was over 20 years ago, so in today money that would be a even bigger.

Hah!  Boy, did you look like the angel of the bunch!!!   :roflsmiley:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012 - 08:32:34 PM »
Funniest ticket I never got....

I was in my '82 Chrysler 5th Avenue at a red light.  Had a 318, AT, modified side exhaust, Holley 4 barrel, Weiand 2p intake.  Still ahd the wire wheel covers.  Could do 55mph in 1st gear.  You would't know anything was happening with thi car unless you saw the side exhaust tips, Holley/Weiand stickers low on the front fenders and driving lights.  Charcoal grey, inconspicuous looking car.  I was iin Brookline, MA.  Usally heavily patroled by police.

Up pulls a Porsche next to me at the light, I felt like having some fun, revved the engine a little, light turned green and we both hit the gas!  My 5th Ave was not quiet as it had NO mufflers.

My car was over-carbed and tons of black smoke poured out the exhaust, I saw a giant plume of black smoke in the rear view mirror.

Then I saw the blinking blue lights through the smoke and eased over to the right lane.

The police car pulled up next to me while I was driving, looked at me, looked down at the car, I smiled at him then he looked forward and he pulled over the 2 teenagers in a primered Buick Skylark in front of me!!!  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :poopoke:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline spamtank

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012 - 09:07:53 PM »
Here's a ticket I avoided.  I was once driving out route 80 in western PA back in the late 80's.  The roads were dry, but there was a snow plow in the left lane doing about 50 miles an hour.  I probably past a few cars in the left lane as I approached him.  Normally I would have flown by him.  But for some reason, I decided to pass on the right slowly.

As I cleared the large snow plow blade in the front, there was a state cop hiding there, just waiting for someone to tool by at 80 MPH in the right lane.  Didn't get me that day, but could have.
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012 - 10:12:42 PM »
I can say that I have virtually never had a ticket , but I was pulled over & harassed constantly , I only ever had 1 speeding ticket for 1 MPH over in a school zone , probably speedo error , ridiculous . I had no vehicle & used to run long distances & I actually got pulled over & a gun pointed at me for Jogging home after work  :banghead:
 Anyway we were out cruising on Fri night & the cops pull me over & yup the Cops pull me over  :hyper:  the cop starts yelling at me about the crap on the front of the car , I told him 3 times I have no clue what he is talking about , finally he pulls me out of the car & points to the D C plate on the front of the car [Charger] , we wee required ot have both front & rear plates at that time , so I tell him it is a custom plate , & he asks me why it is on there , I told him ot ask the car owner in the passenger seat . He had never verified I actually owned the car !! I still got a warning ticket for it .
 My Wife got a ticket for doing 70 K in an 80k Zone 2 weeks ago , I think we can beat that one !!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012 - 08:49:44 PM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012 - 02:38:57 AM »
Funniest ticket I never got....

I was in my '82 Chrysler 5th Avenue at a red light.  Had a 318, AT, modified side exhaust, Holley 4 barrel, Weiand 2p intake.  Still ahd the wire wheel covers.  Could do 55mph in 1st gear.  You would't know anything was happening with thi car unless you saw the side exhaust tips, Holley/Weiand stickers low on the front fenders and driving lights.  Charcoal grey, inconspicuous looking car.  I was iin Brookline, MA.  Usally heavily patroled by police.

Up pulls a Porsche next to me at the light, I felt like having some fun, revved the engine a little, light turned green and we both hit the gas!  My 5th Ave was not quiet as it had NO mufflers.

My car was over-carbed and tons of black smoke poured out the exhaust, I saw a giant plume of black smoke in the rear view mirror.

Then I saw the blinking blue lights through the smoke and eased over to the right lane.

The police car pulled up next to me while I was driving, looked at me, looked down at the car, I smiled at him then he looked forward and he pulled over the 2 teenagers in a primered Buick Skylark in front of me!!!  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :poopoke:
Instagator  :lol: Man thats funny. Well i got a ticket about three years ago on memorial day weekend by the local pigs in my Dart Sport. Simply went to the local ice cream shop for a milk shake and on my way home driving through town i come to a stop sign where two state routes come to together and one way traffic. A tire shop sits  right at the corner and i saw a state trooper had a car pulled over behind that tire shop. First off i'm not stupid and if i was to do something stupid like do a burnout or sqeal the tires i would never do anything like that knowing theres a state patrol or a cop close by i can see. Anyways as i started to take off its a little bit on a hill to get started as my Dart is a four speed and when i let out on the clutch the back made that squal sound right as a local cop was driving by me and i just knew she was gonna pull me over before the lights came on  :swear: I could have easily ran before she got turned around in that tire shop parking lot but this is a small town where everybody knows everybody and i have like the only pink car in town. So i pull over in a kinda like taxi service place called MOTA and waited for her  :lol: Finally she pulls in behind me and as she walks up to my car i never gave her the chance to ask for lisence and registration and told her now you know damn well that was not intencinal for me to do that. Shes yea your right but its still squealing tires  :swear: That witch  :villagers:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012 - 09:24:11 AM »
...this is a small town where everybody knows everybody and i have like the only pink car in town...

Dude!  You're not going to get away with anything in that town with that car!  :roflsmiley:

Hey, sorta like Dukes of Hazzard, huh?  Small town, very visible car?  :clueless:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012 - 07:00:32 PM »
 :naughty: Here's one i can think of.back in '83-'84 i had a 71 charger, 383 4bbl car.i was on a black top road and turned off on a gravel road were my old boss usued to live on.i nailed the gas and started fish tailing.let off the gas and next thing i hear the siren's and see lights flashing.seems as i was nailing the gas a cop car was going straight on the paved road and i guess i nailed his sqaud car with rocks.

needlees to say he was a liitle angry to say the least.said he would have throng the book at me if he would have had a "new" sqaud car that they didn't have on the road that day.

got a ticket for expedition driving,rear bumper to high,yellow low beams lights.
i think he gave me a break on a couple other things because as i was rolling down my l. window to give him my lisence/reg etc my window shattered.
that was a few expensive tickets.
a least i didn't get hauled of to jail.  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012 - 07:30:58 PM »
I had no vehicle & use to run long distances & I actually got pulled over & a gun pointed at me for Jogging home after work  :banghead:

I had no working car for a while and got pulled over on my Schwinn 10 spd one night after working second shift.  :smilielol:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012 - 09:00:46 PM »
Dude!  You're not going to get away with anything in that town with that car!  :roflsmiley:

Hey, sorta like Dukes of Hazzard, huh?  Small town, very visible car?  :clueless:
Our town is a little bigger than hazzard county  :lol: But i guess you could say i might as well slap a confederate flag on top and a 01 on the doors being its a pink car  :bigsmile:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012 - 01:25:16 AM »
I had no working car for a while and got pulled over on my Schwinn 10 spd one night after working second shift.  :smilielol:

:rofl:  Now, that's funny, right there!!!!!!!!
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012 - 08:50:48 AM »

Turning without hand signaling?  :clueless:  :roflsmiley:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012 - 09:03:34 AM »
Turning without hand signaling?  :clueless:  :roflsmiley:

Nawww he was texting! :roflsmiley:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012 - 09:06:21 AM »

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012 - 10:49:50 AM »
i had a 86 mustang that ran 10s and i was stoped at a light and up comes a chevelle trying to get me to run him.so when it turend green i hit it and left him he had no chance.so out of the smoke i see the lights and pull over and the cop pulles behind the other car also.comes up to me and says i was behind you at the light do you know why i stoped you and i said yep.he says to stay hear and goes to the other car comes back about 5 mins latter and says to me beat it ,sence you where up frount with. me your buddy wasnt and i dont like to be lied to. i left and they did not look happy lol.