Author Topic: Rear quarter panel lower mounting  (Read 1119 times)

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
Rear quarter panel lower mounting
« on: February 15, 2012 - 12:58:14 AM »
Anyone have a picture of what goes behind the rear interior quarter panel at the floor? There's a screw hole there but I don't remember what went behind. It was mentioned on another thread that there's a 90 degree bracket of some kind but I'd like a picture. Maybe the picture will fire some synapses and remind me what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
Re: Rear quarter panel lower mounting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012 - 07:53:45 AM »
I don't have a picture handy but if you are talking about the interior panel
for the back seat then it is a 90 degree bracket,about 1 inch square on each
side. One side has a slotted hole for adjustment and the other just has a screw hole.
Hope this helps.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline usraptr

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012 - 12:20:28 PM »
Not sure of where you're talking about.  Can you be a little more specific?  Are you talking inside the passenger compartment, trunk, where the rear fenders/quarters join the trunk floor pan, etc.?   My cars apart so I should be able to get you a pic if I know what you're asking for.
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012 - 09:58:58 PM »
Yes, the interior plastic rear quarter panel. At the bottom of the panel where the rear seat meets up with the panel, there are 2 holes. One large one that looks to provide access to the quarter window adjustment and a small one that I believe is for the screw to secure the bottom of the panel. Both of these holes are not visible when the seat bottom is in place.

As 72cudaman said, there's a bracket of some kind that goes behind the panel that gives it rigidity. With out it, there's nothing for the screw to secure to. I probably have the parts around but would like to see a picture of what it looks like.

Thanks.