Author Topic: Helped out a stranger  (Read 5489 times)

Offline AARCUDADEN

Re: Helped out a stranger
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012 - 11:56:44 AM »
I've always done whatever it takes to help out those whom i know best but if its a stanger, well it depends on the situation  :2cents:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012 - 01:51:17 PM »
The guy and his wife were at the pump with his i'd say around a 2008-2010 cadi deville and looked like they were well off financially,i think he was more embarrassed than anything but  :clueless:
now when i think of it though,i was behind him to get back on the main road and he must have seen me and got nervous,he darned neared pulled out right in front of a car and got t-boned.must have been jittery about something not to see that car coming.... who knows  :dunno:

again they both looked like they were in their late 70's early eighties and the city where i work,the people are pretty well off around here.. this is sorta fun to see what happens..............  :popcorn:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012 - 02:24:50 PM »
IMO, you did the right thing, and it made you feel good about doing it.

Regardless if they were feeding you a line of BS or not, the bottom line is you did a good deed in your mind, and not for any selfish reason, you did it because you wanted to. 

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012 - 03:00:49 PM »
 :iagree:
 You did what you felt was right no matter what the outcome  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012 - 03:07:54 PM »
If it weren't for the majority of people asking for help being a sham, I'd probably give every time I'm asked.  I worked in downtown Atlanta for years and someone asking for money was a daily event.  My biggest issue with it, and its probably a personal flaw, I get really mad thinking someone is trying to pull something over on me.  Like someone said before, if they're going to buy booze or drugs with your $5 just say so, then if I want to fund that its my choice.  Don't ask for $5 for a burger then curse me when I offer to buy you food....   :2cents:

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline 06Daytona

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012 - 04:10:24 PM »
Hey Mopar fanatic, maybe they thought you were following them and got nervous.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012 - 07:16:21 PM »
Scam,
 Around here they do it everywhere........and to make it seem all the more legitimate, they are well dressed and mention a high end car name for that final touch

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012 - 09:27:09 PM »
Scam,
 Around here they do it everywhere........and to make it seem all the more legitimate, they are well dressed and mention a high end car name for that final touch
Maybe a scam, but for $5? With a Caddy?
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012 - 10:51:29 AM »
    In todays world it is real easy to get a bit jaded against helping people with every one trying to rip you off or taking advantage of your good nature. I try and help people when I can. I believe in the pay it forward, no good deed goes unpunished, what goes around ect. or Karma----what  ever you want to call it. Some times it works---most of the time not.   Knowing that you helped some one out is usually the only reward, but you never know. He just might surprise you.     :2thumbs:

I agree with this line of thought, but I rarely ever help out or pay forward with cash. You need some clothes for your kid, I've got some. Can't afford a car seat for your baby, I'll donate it. Need help getting the car running to drive to work, I'll tune it.  I've been fortunate enough to have a host of people help me out with things as I've travelled through life with car trouble, wife trouble, kid trouble, jobb trouble, and house trouble. As I move through stages in my life, I try to pay forward things I've had or recieved to others who can benefit by them as well. That can be as simple as clothing donations, passing along textbooks from classes, help out working on a car or house, critiquing someones resume or coaching them on some interview techniques. We all need a little help now and again.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012 - 04:45:31 PM »
I agree with this line of thought, but I rarely ever help out or pay forward with cash. You need some clothes for your kid, I've got some. Can't afford a car seat for your baby, I'll donate it. Need help getting the car running to drive to work, I'll tune it.  I've been fortunate enough to have a host of people help me out with things as I've travelled through life with car trouble, wife trouble, kid trouble, jobb trouble, and house trouble. As I move through stages in my life, I try to pay forward things I've had or recieved to others who can benefit by them as well. That can be as simple as clothing donations, passing along textbooks from classes, help out working on a car or house, critiquing someones resume or coaching them on some interview techniques. We all need a little help now and again.

exactly...
no hungry man leaves my house with an empty stomach.
*** Bart ***

Offline RB2929

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012 - 05:14:33 PM »
Dutch
"Exactly...no hungry man leaves my house with an empty stomach"

Coolness, I'm on my way, but first I'm stopping ny the Bull Dog Cafe so I'll be good and hungry :naughty:
Ron

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012 - 05:17:59 PM »
I`ll be prepared  :roflsmiley:   you may have too buy a 2 seat ticket for your return....  :stirpot:
*** Bart ***

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012 - 11:31:01 AM »
Hey Mopar fanatic, maybe they thought you were following them and got nervous.
:biggrin: Could be  :clueless: but man he almost got slammed by a car.i was just going straight across the street to my place of work.  :grinno:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012 - 08:28:42 PM »
The Bulldog Cafe?? :dunno:

Offline 4x4HEMIrig

• U. S. Navy: Interior Communications Electrician
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012 - 01:48:28 AM »
My wife and I have this thing, where, if they make us laugh, we can't say no.

Occasionally, you find these guys (rather, they find you; and they may be genuine)
-Aaron-
Bozeman, MT, USA (and wherever the Navy takes me)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Rigid industries off road lights, Rough Country 4" suspension lift, CB radio... still working on it.
Fellow Service Members and Veterans, join me on www.togetherweserved.com, JK owners at www.jkowners.com, and Hemi Truck owners (and former owners) on www.hemitruckclub.com.
Former wheels: 1972 Dodge Challenger 340 Rallye, 2003 Hemi Ram 1500, 2006 Dodge Charger R/T.
Future projects in the garage: Streetable .030 over 383, 1977 Chevy Custom 20 SC/LB.