Author Topic: Anyone knows how to install a Rimblow switch?  (Read 937 times)

Offline 7071 challenger

• All you need is Dodge!
Anyone knows how to install a Rimblow switch?
« on: February 18, 2012 - 01:46:22 PM »
Hi everyone.   Just purchase a used rimblow steering wheel in ok shape, (no cracks!), but the switch was dried out. After 2-1/2 hours of carefull work, the old switch is now out and the track is clean and free of any debries. Someone knows what is the best way to install a new switch in?  I know they are very touchy and easy to break.  Is there a video on "you tube" or anywhere  showing ''how to''?  I found one for a Ford wheel, but seems to be quite different then a Mopar wheel. I don't have a switch yet, but want to get ahead with the tricks! 
Thanks everybody
Robert

Offline FY1Cuda

Re: Anyone knows how to install a Rimblow switch?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012 - 02:02:42 PM »
No, but these guys sell them.  Maybe they can give you some advice.
http://www.shakerhood.com/products.php?id=RimBlowSwitch

Offline plumbeeper

• Sponsor
    • WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012 - 10:59:50 PM »
I can help you with installing your rimblow switch. I made some instructions on how to properly prepare your rimblow steering wheel and how to install the switch. It's a pdf file so it will have to be emailed to you. Send me an email address and I'll send it to you.

I have the new rimblow switches and pigtail wires in stock. If you send your wheel to me, I'll install them for free if you buy the switch from me. Keep in mind that the rimblow switch is very delicate and can be damaged very easily. If you kink it or damage it in any way, it cannot be repaired and will have to be replaced.

Dave
plumbeeper@yahoo.com

Offline 7071 challenger

• All you need is Dodge!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012 - 06:19:01 AM »
Thanks a lot Dave

I'll take a look at your instructions and I'll see if its too complicated to do it myself or not.
Thanks a lot

Here is my email adress:

bobbeat@videotron.ca

Robert