Author Topic: Remind me again why I chose to restore an E-body Mopar?  (Read 3495 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: Remind me again why I chose to restore an E-body Mopar?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012 - 09:22:08 PM »
 :drool:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012 - 09:36:13 PM »
CODY, that picture is a great reminder.  Good shot!   :bigsmile:   PK
The Brewmaster

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012 - 09:37:45 PM »
I thinks it's worth 2 :drool: :drool::droolingbounce: :droolingbounce: :droolingbounce: and a  :cooldancing:.

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012 - 11:38:28 PM »
I restored the Charger..... that was a ten year project and theres no way I'll do that again.  The end result, however, made it worth the effort.

The e-bodies drive, so I will simply preserve them and let my son/ daughter choose to restore or not. (After high school duty of course)

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012 - 03:10:20 AM »
IMO, there's people that I refer to as "Blister Pack" builders/restorers/hot rodders. If it can't be bought from the local auto parts store and bolted on in 10 min. they lose interest. It takes ALOT of patience and time to build ANY car, let alone a Chrysler product. Why build a Mopar? Well, 7 years ago it might have been the "in" thing, today, maybe not so much anymore IDK. You HAVE to have a level of dedication that is second to none in this hobby. If you are a "REAL" car guy and have to build your own ride, there simply is no "Buy-it-now" button to push for say $40K. No "Instant Gratification".

It's all in how you keep that prize in sight. If you can't do this, then sell it and let someone else who can, have it... Just don't get pissed when you see your ride cruise by after second owner "Put in the time".
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012 - 04:37:05 AM by Cooter »
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012 - 03:47:46 AM »
When I see the transformation of rust and dents turn into Rembrandts I can only gaze in awe at the masterpiece that has been created.  It takes true talent and passion to do what you are currently undertaking.  Don't loose your focus on your goal.

Easy for me to say because I have never had to restore my cuda.  I bought it brand new in 1972.  It would have been easy for me to run the crap out my car and destroy it.  And there was a time a few years back when I had made the decision to sell my cuda to pay off some bills.  Dude, hold on to your dream.  I'm glad I did.

Most car shows around here are chevys and fords.....period.  When I drive up in my Cuda all eyes are on it.  I'm not lying. You won't regret keeping your Challenger (even if it is a dodge)  :stirpot:  You can fix anything that you put your mind to.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Triple Black hemi

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012 - 12:31:02 PM »
You think this now but if you decided to get rid of it . . . you would kick yourself in the ass for making that decision the rest of your life! 

I grew up in a ferd family as my dad work there most of my life here in Detroit.  All we ever knew was ferd.  I can remember as a kid, dad and the family would be driving through town and a cool mopar would go by and I would ask "what kind of car was that dad?"  All I would get was "son . . that was brand X".  Wasn't until high school that I started to learn about other brands of cars. 

I guess I like my e-bodies because they are a minority at most car shows and are typically well liked.  I like to be different from the norm and like it when I go to a large car show and I have the only cuda out of over 100 cars.   I still remember the first cuda I fell in love with about 1979.  Pulled in our driveway to meet my older brother . . . I walked around that car probably 10 times.  Little did I know I would own that same car a few years later. 

Face it . . MOPARS ROCK!  I don't want to be the person that has a corvette or mustang just like everyone else at the show . . . I like to be different. 

My first car below . . bought in high school in 1982.  Working on it today and can't wait to drive it all summer!

Awesome story!!   :thumbsup:

Very very nice cuda 4Cruizn.