Author Topic: How old should you be to own a challenger?  (Read 8348 times)

Offline 71gogreen

Re: How old should you be to own a challenger?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012 - 08:21:48 AM »
tell her not to worry.the challengers are the" cool "crowd cars.if she was looking for a corvette i would recommend a divorce.there is nothing worse then seeing an older person with gray hair,and to fat to turn a steering wheel in a corvette. :cheers: :smokin:
71challenger-millcreek park\71challenger-millcreek

Offline Matt70

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012 - 09:52:48 AM »
I bought my wife a 2011 R/T. She loves it. She's always giving me crap because her's has a Hemi......lol

Who cares what other people think?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Offline Mopar Thunder

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012 - 10:06:29 AM »
 :bananasmi  Thank you Thank you.... my wife read all of these responses and told me to tell everyone "THANK YOU" .  She feels much better.  To tell you the truth I am surprised she felt like that.  Usually she doesn't care much what other peole think. I am away for work this week but she said she is going to look around this week for a 2011or 12 R/T.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012 - 10:26:23 AM »
Normally, one shouldn't care what other people think - but we aren't "other people" here! Be sure and post pics of your beautiful wife with her beautiful new car!
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012 - 12:03:57 PM »
I'm a young guy, and I can honestly say that no one cares If your wife drives a newer challenger or not.  There's no reason she would be frowned on... you owe to yourself to enjoy life who cares what others think... from my perspective, If I saw her driving down the road I would think she was cool :)

Think about how I feel, Im 21 and I have a 1970 Dodge Challenger.  Older people may look down on me for owning a car of their era, but see if I care!! It's the car of my dreams

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012 - 12:06:23 PM »
Be Glad, Happy, and Proud of your70 chally they are all jealous!!  :bricks1: :bigsmile: :cooldancing:

Offline MOPARGIRL

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012 - 03:49:50 PM »
OK here we go.  My wife, who is 51 years old, chronologically, but 25 in her heart, has dreamed of getting a new Challanger ever since they came out.  I have been pushing her to do it but she is stuck on being that age and driving that car.  What do you think?  She has always been a muscle car girl since I met her. She has seen me go thru some great cars and I have always wanted her to have one.  Well we are almost there if she can get over this.  She has been looking everyday for at least the last 5 months.

I bought my 2010 r/t two years ago - ordered it and took delivery in January.  I ordered it as a present for myself for my 49th birthday!  I fixed it up the way I wanted (with lots of advice from Chryco Psycho) and absolutely love it!  I've not regretted it for a moment.  It now is stored in a garage in Calgary as the taxes to bring it to Panama are astronomical, but I miss it and have pics here to remind me of it!  I'd rather store store it in a barn for a while as I am not willing to sell it!  Your wife could look back at my old posts to see the modifications I made on mine.  Tell her you can never be too old to have one - every girl needs a hemi in her life!

Offline Gumby

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012 - 02:40:16 PM »
I volunteer free storage in my building. I wish haul out my bronco or Coronet to make room. On one "condition" you must leave a set of keys so that I can start it once in awhile and let it warm up to keep it in tip top shape!  :bigsmile:
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012 - 03:26:56 PM »
 :thinkerg:   I changed my position on this one.....your all too darn old, send them up to me!
 :stirpot: :poopoke: :roflsmiley:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline TA340-6pak

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012 - 10:27:07 PM »
Your as old as you feel.  I am 49 and my wife is 47.  She drives the SRT and I drive the 70 TA to car shows.  My wife loves driving the SRT and in general she has loved musclecars since we were together as teenagers.  I think it is pretty cool that some woman dig musclecars no matter how old they are.

"It does not matter if you win by an inch or a mile, Winnings Winning"  - Dom Torreto

My Other Rides
2009 Brilliant Black Challenger 6 speed SRT 8 w/Kenne Bell SC (PB - 11.725 @ 118mph   1.74  60 ft)
1992 Mustang Vortech Powered 306 (PB - 11.77 @ 119mph   1.59  60 ft)
1970 Challenger TA
2013 Grand Cherokee SRT 8
2012 Cadillac CTS V Coupe

Offline NCtrueconservative

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012 - 11:45:55 PM »
Appreciate you gotta girl that appreciates muscle cars!!! I'm 19 and if I showed chicks my challenger they wouldn't know it from a Bel-Air  :screwy: No joke, young ladies now adays, at least for the most part, no nothing nada about cars.  I could go to the store, buy a fart can muffler, stick it on a 96 civic, tint the windows and put a Monster sticker on the back and they would rank it right up there when I roll out in my challenger  :smilielol: If I find one that appreciates the old american muscle, I'll have to keep her for sure. Be thankful!!
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye (pictured), 340, Slap Stick

1998 Dodge Ram, 5.2, Black, tinted windows, dual exhaust, blackout headlights, tailights

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012 - 05:19:40 PM »
I'm 57 and the wife is 54 and we love our Challenger. There are more older folks around here then younger that own Challengers.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012 - 09:49:02 PM »
yea mabee it coust to much for the younger people to buy one

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012 - 05:19:11 PM »
yea mabee it coust to much for the younger people to buy one

Like 49,900 for a 392Y J..
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012 - 09:02:49 PM »
yes just like that