Author Topic: Car Covers  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Mopar Thunder

Car Covers
« on: March 09, 2012 - 07:42:50 PM »
What is a good indoor cover for a Cuda? What do others have? I like the fitted ones but they are on the top end of the budget.

Offline PA Dodger

Re: Car Covers
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012 - 10:41:13 PM »
I use a California Car Covers Plushweave. It might be considered an expensive one. It is a custom fit. I learned the hard way years ago that a cheap cover isn't worth the money. That cover wasn't a custom fit. It don't think it would have fit any car very well. The mirror pockets weren't even close. It said it fit cars up to 19ft so it should have been large enough. It didn't go past half way down the doors so the entire lower half of the car was exposed. Lastly, the material was rough enough that it scuffed the mirrors and roof!
For as long as the cover will last, it's worth it to buy a good one. :2thumbs:      :2cents:
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convert/ '74 Cuda
***Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.***

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012 - 08:32:32 PM »
 Yeah same here. I used to have a cheap cover for my 73 Charger. Never again! Now I also use California covers for all our classic cars. Spendy, but well worth the money.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline burnoutking-1

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012 - 11:10:03 PM »
I have a covercraft, and like it very much.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012 - 03:04:03 AM »
Had a buddy that bought a $20.00 cover for his newly painted Pontiac. Told him he was wasting his money. The wind came up and slapped it around a bit. So then he used bungee cords to try and hold it in place. He had a covered area, but it only covered the roof and the car was next to his house. He would have been doing himself a favor by just parking the car in the middle of the high school parking lot/or wal mart parking lot where all the people will ding and stuff. But do whatever you feel is good for your car. The cheap covers are a total waste of money. But I didn't tell you that - so don't get mad at me. And don't come back here crying about them.  :bigsmile: Some farm stores sell the big blue tarps. They are only a few bucks.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012 - 04:19:11 AM »
What is a good indoor cover for a Cuda? What do others have? I like the fitted ones but they are on the top end of the budget.

a cotton cover with a flannel inside lining.  I bought mine from j.c. whitney back in 1975.  they still make them.

-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Mopar Thunder

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012 - 07:15:57 PM »

Does anyone have a Classic Industries Soft shield indoor cover?

Offline Cuda Gooding

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012 - 04:41:29 PM »
I ponied up the big bucks for a high-end Covercraft, and it's REALLY nice!  Breathes but repels water, nice and soft on the inside, etc.

Offline 1970 RT Challenger 1970

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012 - 06:16:29 PM »
X2 on the Covercraft with that Evolution 3 or 4 material. They really last and repel the sun, rain, snow, leaves, tree sap and bird sh*t!