Author Topic: Challenger replacement poll  (Read 4323 times)

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
Re: Challenger replacement poll
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012 - 08:11:53 PM »
I voted all new platform, but would love to see some tie -ins of course.
If it happens, the car has to be much lighter, with an available v-8 and rwd. Ill be in line to buy one if it looks cool.
I am not a purist. Chrysler owns the naming rights and they can do whatever they want with it. Just hope the final version looks cool, two doors but useable rear seats, is no more than maybe 3500 pounds, and at least 400hp.
Pleeeease!
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012 - 12:55:45 PM »
No love for the round taillight cars...  :walkaway:

Just remember - the images of the red "concept" car shown on page 1 were an independent artist's rendition - those are not made by, endorsed by or in any other way affiliated with Chrysler.  Just so you know...

ViperMan
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012 - 09:45:02 AM »
I'm thinking since the 71 seams most popular that is what they should shoot for. If they do this I hope it will be retro and not that camero looking picture that's floating around.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline MizzouRT

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012 - 10:17:51 AM »
I voted for 1970, but realize that is probably not very realistic.  To make the car affordable for consumers, the Challenger replacement will need to share a platform with other cars, either the new Charger platform or the Avenger-replacement platform shared with Fiat.  One of the reasons the modern Challenger is so large was to make the retro styling work with the much higher cowl of the Charger platform.  It is a safe bet the Challenger replacement will be smaller and lighter, but you aren't going to see a 3,500 pound RWD V8 hemi.  For perspective, the much smaller V6 powered G37 weighs 3,633 pounds.  A supercharger and related suspension & driveline upgrades could easily add 100+ pounds to a naturally aspirated version.  Given looming CAFE mileage increases, Dodge is going to want the car as light as they can possibly get it.  My guess is this will require a more modern look with some retro cues, since trying to replicate the proportions of the original cars tends to make the car bigger and heavier.
Daily Driver: 2013 Challenger SRT 6 speed
Toy: 1970 Challenger