Author Topic: Recommendations for show quality engine paint job (stock, Hemi Orange)  (Read 11751 times)

Offline rm23j8g

Re: Recommendations for show quality engine paint job (stock, Hemi Orange)
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:17:14 PM »
Hey guys...
If you're looking for the exact color, gloss and type of paint to use for the original factory look....a spray can really isn't going to get you there.  Been there....done that!
I've gotten my engine paint and detail items from Frank Badalson at Roger Gibson Auto Restoration.
They didn't do a lot of fuss at the factory when they painted these motors....no primer...just clean bare metal.  It's a basic single stage enamel paint.
Guy

Offline moparguy01

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006 - 12:27:59 AM »
spray paint sucks. clean the block real good, then spray on some epoxy primer. followed by the base/clear of your choice. ive had it on my engine for a year or so with no discoloration, and i have buddies whove had it on 3-4 years with no discoloration at all.

Offline 73 challenger 440

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2006 - 03:49:07 PM »
as for block heads ect, all  area's to be painted should be sanded and cleaned very well, shoot the parts with epozy, the use your orange paint, it should be found in urethane. the clear it... I have done motors this way, the only bit of coloration should be in the exhaust ports on the heads.. as for temps can get very hot.