Author Topic: Look What Happened to My New Car!  (Read 6363 times)

Offline ghjedi

Re: Look What Happened to My New Car!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012 - 10:54:07 AM »
you know i was at mejer last week and a black rt was in the lot away from all the other cars.i saw a white car pull up and a old guy got out and slamed the door into it hard got back in his car and drove away :clueless:

That is just plain mean!  I can only assume the guy is jealous of not having a Challenger himself.  Not sure what else it could be.
1 of 1 1972 Challenger 440 4sp Convertible Blue GB2
2012 Challenger R/T Classic Blue Streak Pearlcoat

Offline ghjedi

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012 - 11:45:26 AM »
I got the parts at the dealership (parts manager is a friend) at dealer cost +10%.  Though the damage included the handle I didn't replace itdue to costs associated with parts, labor and paint.  I decided to live with the damage.  I took the handle off of the car and did some work straightening the door skin.  When I replaced the handle I used a modified washer (cut on one side to fit) to hold everything together.  Total repair time was about 3 hours and, except for the actual screwdriver damage to the handle, everything looks/works good.

Sorry those jerks did that to your car.  Sometimes I wish I could catch one in the act.  Good luck with the repairs.

thank you
1 of 1 1972 Challenger 440 4sp Convertible Blue GB2
2012 Challenger R/T Classic Blue Streak Pearlcoat

Offline 4 speed fish

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012 - 01:54:56 PM »
It will go under your comp.Is your deductible 1k for collision or comp?

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012 - 02:00:19 PM »
you know i was at mejer last week and a black rt was in the lot away from all the other cars.i saw a white car pull up and a old guy got out and slamed the door into it hard got back in his car and drove away :clueless:

I would have tailed his ass and got his plate   :grinyes:
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012 - 10:34:55 PM »
I thought the guy should of asked in mejer whos car it was at least,or leave a note.people just dont care about you or your stuff

Offline model maker

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012 - 02:28:29 PM »
These jerkoffs refuse to take care of what they have or WHAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM so have no respect for those who do take care of what they have & what they worked hard & sacrificed  for in order to have something nice, then some jackass comes along and has to damage other peoples property. probably some 'entitled", disrespectful moron who has to steal everything they have or things that mommy & daddy gave them Or someone who thinks it is ok for them to damage  a car THEY consider a gas guzzler. You see them all the time making rude comments about someones nice, well taken care of muscle car or BIG SUV. these kinds of people just refuse to think THEY ARE the problem and blame someone else. these jerks can & have been proven to be dangerous & mentally unbalanced :villagers: :villagers: :villagers: When someone like this is caught, they need to be made an example of ! I hope you get it repaired as inexpensively as possible. with all the video cameras out everywhere these days, sometimes you can get lucky and some store or business may have recorded it with their security cameras or even traffic cameras that might be aimed in that general direction.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012 - 11:19:05 PM »
Hello,

My new Challenger is less than a month old and look at what some jerk (I'm keeping this post clean) did to my key hole.  Looks like a screw driver or something similar was used to pry the lock.  Luckily, the door opens fine, but this really sucks!

Any thoughts on what it should cost to replace the metal door handle and the key lock?

I'm getting an estimate from the dealer, but I suspect it will be just under my high deductible.

Just to give you a heads up, the 2011 models had a recall on the door handles, maybe you can get it replaced for free? They do come painted and are fairly inexpensive anyway. Only takes about 10 mins to change them as the door panel doesn't have to come off.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012 - 07:08:17 PM »
thats good to know :working:

Offline KZ

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012 - 12:03:34 PM »
this is one of the things that always worries me about buying a new sports car, there are plenty of people out there who would like to, or will do,  harm to the car, whether it be out of petty  jealousy, anger or just because they are jerk-o**s and they get off on that sort of thing

Offline fantum

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012 - 12:33:36 PM »
 In my case someone used the screwdriver to break into the car.  If it hadn't been for a good samaritan who noticed my ex leave the car and someone else trying to break in two minutes later and scared them off, I would be writing about a stolen car or damaged interior instead of repairing the damage to the car.

As was said earlier, I can't stand people who do these things to others' belongings.  I guess I'm lucky I haven't caught someone doing this - I'd probably be spending a lot of time in a little room with a steel-barred door.  Damned politicians and their pansy-assed laws!!!!
Mike

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012 - 10:45:14 AM »
Just a thought but you could put on these chrome handle covers to cover it up. I got mine off EBay. I think they were $25.00 for the set. Yes they are cheep plastic but at lease I think they look good on the car.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012 - 11:00:15 AM »
this is one of the things that always worries me about buying a new sports car, there are plenty of people out there who would like to, or will do,  harm to the car, whether it be out of petty  jealousy, anger or just because they are jerk-o**s and they get off on that sort of thing

:iagree:   In this world a lot of times you can't have something nice without some turd messing with it.  :swear:  People just don't respect people or things like they used to.  :(

Sorry about the attempted break in.  :stomp:

One of the guys I know has a 427 Shelby Cobra replica and went into a store just for a few minutes.  When he came out there were foot prints on his trunklid.  Evidently someone had put their kid on the trunk lid for a picture.  Someone else I met got rid of their Shepby Cobra replica because it was too much of a headache.  Couldn't bring it any where without a worry something was going to happen to it or it would draw too much attention to itself.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger