Author Topic: Cuda rear window louvers  (Read 1710 times)

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
Cuda rear window louvers
« on: April 16, 2012 - 01:46:49 PM »
   Due to some unfotunate turns of events I had to sell my ATV. The only good thing is I will get some rear window louvers out of the deal. My car had them originally, and I have wanted to put them back on for 35 years now, so before I blow my little extra windfall I need to get them ordered.  So I have gone thru old threads ect for ideas. I will get the aluminum ones, no plastic. Seems like the ones from LPI have had some good feedback. Are these the ones that Neil was getting a while back. And who would be a good vender to get some louvers thru. Any other suggestions will be apprieciated.  Thanks.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
Re: Cuda rear window louvers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012 - 08:13:56 PM »
I have used the LPI ones on new Challengers on the ones that Gene Gregory makes on original70-74. Had to send the first set of Gregorys back as the slats were a little warped. He  did say he makes them by himself with no help so replaced them for me, but I was out the shipping.Other than that no issues with either.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012 - 11:16:01 AM »
We were selling the LPI louvers , very high quality & perfect fit , just not cheap

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012 - 12:34:14 PM »
  Called Herbs Parts this morning. They carry the LPI brand but say it might be 4 -- 8 weeks before they can get them. Said they also have louvers by Dales Cuda that can ship next day.  LPI louvers are 950.00, Dales Cuda has theirs listed at 600.00 on there site.  I ordered a set from Herbs, for the LPI ones but it will depend on how long a wait.  Any one have any input on the ones from Dales?

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012 - 12:55:26 PM »
Parts from Dales seem to be good quality but they did not have a set of the louvers ready when I was selling them so I have never seen them in person 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t