Author Topic: SURVIVOR vs. GROUND-UP RESTORATION!  (Read 188403 times)

Offline resq302

Re: SURVIVOR vs. GROUND-UP RESTORATION!
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2013 - 12:16:58 PM »
Dave,

The first spark plug boot (one on the right in the pic) needs to be turned another 1/4" to the right to be correct.    :smilielol:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2013 - 02:27:30 PM »
Nice "stable-mate" to your White & Blue Challenger.
It's still not a Mopar though  :walkaway:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2013 - 03:48:12 PM »
Yes, that would be a nice companion to the Chally.  Now you'd have a car with the opposite strip pattern too!  Can't wait to see the progress on this.   :2thumbs:

Offline resq302

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2013 - 07:43:46 PM »
Wow Dave, you are so utterly clueless and pathetic......What a desperate cry for attention these threads have become for you!

Would you like me to send you a lock of my hair?, so you can make a voodoo doll in my likeness.

You are certainly digging your feet in as a creepy STALKER.

If you have to ask about the ORIGINAL paint run orientation on the Duster's fenders , then I can't help you. You need to look no further than your own pictures for quantifiable critiques. Nice spark plugs in the Challenger, what a rookie mistake! Not 1 inspection marking looks the same as your original pictures in any of your cars. Temp sender painted in place? LOL. 1000 word carpet restore process? LOL.

Your Black Cuda is a joke as far as OE goes. Your Valiant is what I'd call a beautiful clean-up, detail fluff and buff, scuff & squirt job...I have way more respect for your Challenger which still has its faults. One phrase comes to mind..."Close but no cigar!"....Bad toupee as you say?

Good luck with your 69 Trans Am project, I'm sure that non-numbers matching rot box will be everything and MORE you personalities want it to be. Just don't forget the pictures you sent me...I'll keep those for a rainy day in the future perhaps...

You're all caught up with dubios efforts and trying to point the finger....funny you have never posted pics of your Challengers engine block before resto..are the re-stamp rumors true? Talk about a hypocrite....

To think a shop like mine having to justify its restoration efforts to the likes of you...an insignificant little nothing of a person. How comical!

You are nothing more than a junior helper to your hired help!

Love,
Mike

PS: the video I posted was about you...but I'm sure you knew that!
PSS: Say HI to Scott Fuller for me!

Actually, the total word count pertaining to all of the replies and posts about the carpet was 1692 (including commentary on before and after picture shots) :smilielol:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2013 - 10:42:35 PM »
Wow!  That Bird looks really nice.
I am totally surprised at the lack of visible rust.
Don't understand how the hood was rusted beyond repair but the rest is not.
Coastal car?

Thanks for the pics.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline resq302

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2013 - 11:53:11 PM »
so wait, are you now calling ME a "stalker" because I counted your words? :scared: :violin: :smilielol:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2013 - 11:55:11 PM »
ha ha ha.  I had that same thought.  Just a more detailed stalker! :roflsmiley:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline resq302

« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2013 - 11:58:40 PM »
Hey, I'm not a stalker.  Just one who is VERY fond of antique Mopars and other forms of old metal and plastic with rubber here and there!    Ok, maybe I do have a problem.  Your honor, I admit I have a bad case of Mopar-itis and it is contagious in many other makes too!   :roflsmiley:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2013 - 12:08:06 AM »
I feel like I'm coming down with something!   :burnout:

Offline resq302

« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2013 - 12:10:28 AM »
Yeh, the Mopar-itis really flares up during the winter months when my car is moth balled till all the salt gets off the roads up by me!

Offline resq302

« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2013 - 07:19:39 PM »
Never get bored with looking at all of the detail that was done to this car!

Offline resq302

« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2013 - 08:30:33 PM »
RPM is fantastic stuff!   :2thumbs:  When I got my first tub of it I did some testing during the extreme winter months maybe a year or so ago.  I soaked some disc brake spindles (spares that I had and then sold) in Evapo Rust and got all of the rust off.  I then applied the RPM to it and stuck the parts outside in the temp down in the teens with rain and freezing rain for a week.  During the week the temps cycled up to the 40s and back down to the teens throughout the week.  After bringing the spindles back inside, they showed no signs of rust!  Since then, any time I need to restore any part, I am going bare steel or bare aluminum as original and removing any paint that was a similar color and going bare with the RPM stuff!

Offline resq302

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2013 - 01:21:40 AM »
That would be great info!  I know I have had to use VHT Nu cast paint on my exhaust manifolds in order to keep them from rusting.  I know the spray paint that I had gotten through Mopar Performance for the street hemi orange for my charger was very shiny till it dulled down from engine heat.

Offline resq302

« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2013 - 07:40:19 AM »
I was forwarded this link about the Challenger.  It looks like we are getting additional traffic coming from another forum.  I hope to see more people coming to CC.com and join in on the fun.  We'll keep things interesting!

:dogpile:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7540083&an=0&page=1#Post7540083

I would post over on the moparts board but with my luck, posts would either disappear or they would see people are talking about one of your cars or products and the thread would mysteriously disappear like other posts that have been there and related to you or ECS products.  Still, nice to see others highly value your cars and the work you have put into them furthering the car hobby.  Without you and your team, I highly doubt some of todays cars would be as nice as what they are.

Offline resq302

« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2013 - 09:31:55 PM »
WOW!  Thats amazing news on the resto mod cars!  Actually they would really be more suited for being called RETRO MOD cars.  How would these cars be titled or even registered?  Would they have to meet todays crash standards and air bags?