Author Topic: SURVIVOR vs. GROUND-UP RESTORATION!  (Read 188472 times)

Offline resq302

Re: SURVIVOR vs. GROUND-UP RESTORATION!
« Reply #315 on: May 23, 2013 - 07:41:27 AM »
some more of the bottom side of the "X"

Offline resq302

« Reply #316 on: May 23, 2013 - 08:20:59 PM »
Hi Dave,

I was just on your site and saw other cars as feature cars such as the green Pontiac and the blue Mustang.  Are those your cars too or are they some of your employees vehicles?  Either way, Id love to see pics of them!

Offline PasiR

« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2013 - 06:31:54 AM »
Dave, what a collection!! BOSS looks sooo good!! Do you have more Cuda pics to share?  :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Offline PasiR

« Reply #318 on: May 26, 2013 - 02:22:44 PM »
Sounds great!! About BOSS, it looks restored... or is it unrestored survivor??

Offline resq302

« Reply #319 on: May 27, 2013 - 09:33:29 AM »
Wow!  That has to be the first time I have ever seen a double window sticker!  That thing has to be loaded to the gills!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #320 on: May 27, 2013 - 10:36:04 AM »
Dave. If you did absolutely nothing to your Cuda....Do you think you could take it to the Nats in 2013 and win OE Gold ?
Would you score the same as your previous score?

I'm not knocking the car as you've said others have, I'm asking whether the judging standards have increased so much in the past years that this level of car would no longer make the cut ?

Like the vinyl wood grain dash decal and stuff like that that was acceptable years ago..... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2013 - 11:24:23 AM »
Alan,

I would have to say that the wood grain decals would have to be acceptable as that is what Chrysler used originally.  How else would you have the wood grain on the console top plate?

Dave,

I see that there is color coding on the fittings for the brake lines.  Were there any special meaning behind the color coding that was done?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #322 on: May 27, 2013 - 12:20:19 PM »
Alan,

I would have to say that the wood grain decals would have to be acceptable as that is what Chrysler used originally.  How else would you have the wood grain on the console top plate?

You're joking right ?
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline resq302

« Reply #323 on: May 27, 2013 - 12:58:55 PM »
You're joking right ?

No, Alan, I am not joking.  Are you implying that the console top plates were silk screened on like the dash parts were?  If so, you are VERY mistaken!  A matter of fact, I have a nice original wood grain decal still on our 69 GTX convertible that we got that would be an excellent example of how the factory did decals on the console.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #324 on: May 27, 2013 - 01:59:27 PM »
Dave. If you did absolutely nothing to your Cuda....Do you think you could take it to the Nats in 2013 and win OE Gold ?
Like the vinyl wood grain dash decal and stuff like that that was acceptable years ago..... :dunno:

Well I', not sure when anybody was talking about consoles but you....In the above post you can see I made reference to Dave's vinyl wood grain DASH overlay....

I thought you were saying that since Chrysler used vinyl on consoles it would be acceptable to use them on dashes as well :clueless:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2013 - 03:03:57 PM »
wow.... great conversations in this thread. sweet cuda, but I just now remembered why I hardly ever read here  ::)     
*** Bart ***

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #326 on: May 27, 2013 - 03:41:52 PM »
My point being that things have changed in the OE world quite a bit, in the short time since the Cuda was judged, that's all.

Back then a vinyl over lay properly installed was one of the best options....It was seeing it done on your OE Gold Cuda that prompted me to have Jules do one for my old six pack Cuda.

Offline resq302

« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2013 - 07:39:58 PM »
Well I', not sure when anybody was talking about consoles but you....In the above post you can see I made reference to Dave's vinyl wood grain DASH overlay....

I thought you were saying that since Chrysler used vinyl on consoles it would be acceptable to use them on dashes as well :clueless:

No,sorry, Alan, I must have missed that 4 letter word (DASH) when I was reading.   :cheers:  Just because Chrysler used decals on the consoles does not mean that they would have used them on the dash also.  Actually, I wonder why they never did?  Probably would have been cheaper than silk screening in my opinion.   :dunno:

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #328 on: May 27, 2013 - 11:00:28 PM »
 :droolingbounce:

Offline PasiR

« Reply #329 on: May 28, 2013 - 05:16:56 AM »
Thank you for the pictures!! Awesome car!!  :2thumbs: