Author Topic: Therapy...  (Read 1832 times)

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Therapy...
« on: May 13, 2012 - 07:36:36 PM »
I need it!!!   The fever hasn't gone away. I'm crumbling on the inside... There's a black R/T with stripes and these really cool retro looking cast type wheels. :droolingbounce:   A white R/T and a silver 392. So now I don't drive by anymore!  :bricks1:I search craigslist and ebay...   I even contacted a dealer in regards to one. And I'm about to go off the deep end.    The Duster is getting paint this week. The cuda goes in for the long haul this year. New everything.   And I really want/need a newer challenger to drive around in the rain. Maybe some snow with studs.  And EVERYDAY!!! (of the rest of my life)      To pick up chicks for a date with... Something a bit more quiet and smooth. UhG.   I'm so busy at work. no end in sight.   Might sell the duster for a down payment. If I can wait that long.   I've had a big car payment before. Not in a long time though. Been debt. free for years. YeS I don't owe anybody nothin', No kids, No wifey...     It all points to      "Go buy one"    :money: Then there's the  Manual vs. auto. discussion...   I was set on a stick. But now maybe an auto. with a padlde shifter ?  Don't even get me goin on color...   Viper red is 1st. Followed closely by black.  A nice purple 6 speed on ebunk. 28K.   

ok...   so is there a support group for this sort of thing?   :violin:      R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline drewcrane

Re: Therapy...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012 - 09:42:53 PM »
Follow your heart....................just do it if you are working that hard and have the coin to drop,I would in a heartbeat something modern to just get in and drive that has good power and when you are done with the cuda you can drive that for fun :woohoo:

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012 - 09:10:20 PM »
all i can say is  :wow:

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012 - 09:18:40 PM »
yea theres a support group . but you need a new challenger to join  :drunk:
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline ghjedi

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012 - 10:51:13 PM »
yea theres a support group . but you need a new challenger to join  :drunk:

I think you'd also be in good company.  The new Challengers do look great, especially with the classic badging and stripes.  My red 2012 looks real nice parked next to my blue '72.  And yes, I needed a new car like I needed a hole in the head.
1 of 1 1972 Challenger 440 4sp Convertible Blue GB2
2012 Challenger R/T Classic Blue Streak Pearlcoat

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012 - 09:34:27 AM »
all i can say is  :wow:

LOL I know - at first I thought it was a post written by.....  oh wait...  YOU.....!  :)

I'm in the same boat but heading the wrong direction.  I want another 'Cuda in the garage SO BAD I can freakin' taste it.  Last night my wife and I stopped down at the local "elcheapo" grocery store to pick up a few small essentials and there was a freakin' car show out in the parking lot!  A 340 Duster, a 70-something GTO, an old Nova that needed some love, a 69-or-so Vette...  Anyways someone fired up their car to leave and I caught a sniff of that unburnt, fresh-from-the-carburetor fuel odor and I got TINGLES down my back!  I was like "OOOH I MISS THAT!"

I however have a mortgage, two car payments already, school loans, and some other stuff hitting me soon, and I just can't afford any more debt.  Last weekend two 'Cudas sold on Ebay for CHEAP - way less than 20,000 dollars.  If it weren't for all this recent crap, I could afford it!

Some day - I just tell myself, some day...
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012 - 01:49:22 PM »
maybe tou will like the new cuda that is comeing out in a few years and it would give time to pay down some things

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012 - 01:54:34 PM »

From what I've seen of the new cuda I don't like the sloping rear end.

Old school for life!!! :woohoo:

Viper - you can always get rid of one car payment for another!
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD