What Computer Managment system?

Author Topic: What Computer Managment system?  (Read 17680 times)

Offline QuartermileCuda

• Shot of it in its Final Assembly
Re: What Computer Managment system?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012 - 03:51:08 PM »
AHHH , Thats sounds like that might be the problem. The Fast system is easier and cheaper to tune. I know that the AEM Mopar unit was the only PCM specifically designed by SRT to run the Gen 3 Hemi. The problem looks like that most tuners are used to tuning Chevy and Ford PCMs (Map sensor type and not speed density type like the hemi mopar has).  If memory recalls me, I think the Mopar AEM has a Adaptive Memory and also you can tune to your specific area , altitude, weather, ect. I am not sure if the Fast XFI does that, Maybe someone knows.The self tuning Fast PCM has several advantages as noted but my question is it as efficent as the Mopar AEM that is tuned correctly. Just my 2 cents

I dont know how efficient the two systems are against each other but the FAST XFI Uses a Map sensor that you have to add. (I think it was off an 90's Jeep.) So the Fast program is not a speed density system.
71 340-6 AAR 'Cuda Concept.
(Was a 73 Barracuda)
69 Dodge Charger 383 4 speed. T5 Copper Needing Resto!

340/416 Stroker, 904 w/ Gearvendors gear splitter, 3:91 Posi.
Cant wait to see how fast she'll move. ;)

Offline johns cuda shop

• 71 Cuda Pro-Touring Build
  • Machinist and Fabricator
    • Custom Machine Components
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012 - 09:50:29 AM »
I meant MAF  (mass air flow) Not MAP my mistake. I must of typed it wrong,Lol..I believe the Fast XFI is speed density too,the same as the AEM  , However due to the EZ tuning it may not compute all the sensors and get maximum tuning 100% ,maybe 95% or 98%?  .I am not sure which ,I believe the Mopar AEM can. The SRT division developed the mopar AEM as a solution to run the Gen 3 hemi .Maybe the Fast XFI system is better because its user freindly and easier to tune ,like I noted. I am sure someone can chime in.
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012 - 07:46:07 PM »
Like I said 4 years ago it was the best tune-able box for the 3g hemi's but AEM abandoned it for digital technology it will never be updated.

Now that fast has the XFI digital 2.o self tuning software installed  its the box to use. It took me a wile to see it also but Mopar is screwed  :faint:

Ill sale mine with harness for $1800 if anyone wants one.  :bigsmile:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Modern Muscle

• Modern Muscle Performance Group
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012 - 11:56:15 PM »
For a easy tunable solution another option is the 05 Ram ECM.

Offline johns cuda shop

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012 - 07:37:42 PM »
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012 - 08:57:15 PM »
Rich from www.fastmanefi.com
is giving free EFI seminars at Carlisle in July.  I might just have to go to sit in on some seminars.

From his site "NEWS ... I will be teaching two EFI seminars at the Chryslers at Carlisle event July 6 -8 2012.  Come by and ask all the questions you want."

XFI kits are available for the 5.7 and 6.1 on his website.

Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Haddixj

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012 - 09:09:43 AM »
Nobody has mentioned megasquirt? I will be putting in a new hemi in my 70 and will run megasquirt. Priced out it around 8-900 for ms3x which is sequential injection and can run speed density or maf. Another nice feature is using the 4 bar map sensor it has 2 sensors one for the engine and one for atmosphere so even if your SD your fuel and timing can adjust based on alt. I have seen the system running on an lsx motor and the logging feature is great. Most importantly it has an auto tune feature that will build fuel tables based off feedback from your wideband.  Seems like the way to go to me.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012 - 03:11:52 PM »
Just today I heard good feedback on Big Stuff efi controllers from a tuner that works with all the majore players.

Go figur I never heard of em  :dunno:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline 70B5Cuda

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012 - 02:58:02 PM »
I am also curious about Megasquirt. I will be installing a stock 6.1 in my 70 Barracuda to get it running and once I have the bugs worked out, I will probably install a supercharger or turbocharger. It seems like I will need either the FAST XFI or MS???
70 B5 Barracuda 6.1/6speed project

Offline johns cuda shop

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012 - 05:18:09 PM »
 I would be careful on what you read on the internet or magazines on any computer management system. I found alot of incorrect information and opinions . I would Ask a credible company like Arrington or Bouchillion since they do it every day,before dropping that kinda coin. I feel lucky in a way that  BPE is not far from me, as I ask them any questions in detail. I know I have the right system for my car .  I would not buy any system because of someones hype.  Word to the wise.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012 - 06:40:54 PM »
Rich from www.fastmanefi.com
is giving free EFI seminars at Carlisle in July.  I might just have to go to sit in on some seminars.

From his site "NEWS ... I will be teaching two EFI seminars at the Chryslers at Carlisle event July 6 -8 2012.  Come by and ask all the questions you want."

XFI kits are available for the 5.7 and 6.1 on his website.

I went to one of his seminars !  :2thumbs:  Good stuff! Great guy! I think I asked the most questions and he was VERY helpful!  I figured the only stupid question is the one you don't ask! LOL I have lots to learn! Really doesn't sound all that difficult once you wrap your head around it.   He sold me on the fast system! Someday.... when I build up the "fun" money again?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012 - 07:15:00 PM »
I went to one of his seminars !  :2thumbs:  Good stuff! Great guy! I think I asked the most questions and he was VERY helpful!  I figured the only stupid question is the one you don't ask! LOL I have lots to learn! Really doesn't sound all that difficult once you wrap your head around it.   He sold me on the fast system! Someday.... when I build up the "fun" money again?

I was sitting next to Brad, so I can verify the above statement.   :grinyes:

I'm still not sure which system I would go with, but it is going to be far down the line.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline grimmey71

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012 - 01:31:45 PM »
Like I said 4 years ago it was the best tune-able box for the 3g hemi's but AEM abandoned it for digital technology it will never be updated.

Now that fast has the XFI digital 2.o self tuning software installed  its the box to use. It took me a wile to see it also but Mopar is screwed  :faint:

Ill sale mine with harness for $1800 if anyone wants one.  :bigsmile:

So as I get close to buying a system for my 6.1, I was considering the fast system but the price $3000.00 it's quite the pill to swallow. So what do you think about what our sponsor (modèrn muscle performance) said about tuneable 2005 ram PCM running things? My thoughts were kind of along in this direction. Numerous tunes available and plenty of tuners working this way, plus starting to hear some negative things about fast, like once you get fast your stuck with them only for tech support and they always want you to send in the PCM for checks leaving you with out your car.  its just my thoughts and questions.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012 - 06:36:28 PM »
So as I get close to buying a system for my 6.1, I was considering the fast system but the price $3000.00 it's quite the pill to swallow. So what do you think about what our sponsor (modèrn muscle performance) said about tuneable 2005 ram PCM running things? My thoughts were kind of along in this direction. Numerous tunes available and plenty of tuners working this way, plus starting to hear some negative things about fast, like once you get fast your stuck with them only for tech support and they always want you to send in the PCM for checks leaving you with out your car.  its just my thoughts and questions.

The truck PCM is very reliable I have a couple of friends running them on 5.7 conversions $1500 to $2000+ depending on the charge for the tune charge.

I heard a rumor Holly was releasing a ECM soon that will work on our conversions maybe this one??? http://www.holley.com/550-604.asp

I would talk to this guy about the Fast system I haven't heard that before http://www.fastmanefi.com/

I still like the fast the best  :2cents:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline grimmey71

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012 - 07:05:47 PM »
The truck PCM is very reliable I have a couple of friends running them on 5.7 conversions $1500 to $2000+ depending on the charge for the tune charge.

I heard a rumor Holly was releasing a ECM soon that will work on our conversions maybe this one??? http://www.holley.com/550-604.asp

I would talk to this guy about the Fast system I haven't heard that before http://www.fastmanefi.com/

I still like the fast the best  :2cents:

Thanks for your advice. The reliability thing is a biggie for me, that and I like to support our sponsors here. Not to mention so far the guys at modern muscle performance have been nothing but super nice and informative over the phone. It's good to hear you know people running the stock re-flashed 5.7 engine. Thanks again. Now modern how about a discount ? :stirpot: