What Computer Managment system?

Author Topic: What Computer Managment system?  (Read 17677 times)

Offline Rolling_Thunder

• only 2 things get my attention, gas and perfume
Re: What Computer Managment system?
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013 - 01:57:21 PM »
Currently in the works -  Doing an excel spreadsheet with the pinout and then written direction to make it a stand alone.
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L / 6-speed

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / Auto

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara - 440 8-71 / 4-speed

Offline Modern Muscle

• Modern Muscle Performance Group
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013 - 10:17:11 PM »
Just a FYI we have developed a new management system for the New VVT 5.7L Hemi and 6.4L 392 SRT Engines
More details to come soon.

Offline JpRngr

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013 - 01:57:53 AM »
Currently in the works -  Doing an excel spreadsheet with the pinout and then written direction to make it a stand alone.

Cool. Look forward to seeing it. :droolingbounce:

Offline David Weber

• MAKING OLD NEW AGAIN AND NEW OLD
    • MODERN MUSCLE PERFORMANCE GROUP
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013 - 06:21:56 AM »
Couple reasons I like the factory computers with custom Harness:

1) Least expensive even with custom harness etc.
2) Reliability - It is the most reliable operating system when turned into a stand alone
3) Tuning - Your base tune you are starting with has thousands of dollars and hours put in it by factory engineers
4) Aftermarket tuners - There are hundreds of tuning shops available that are very familiar with Gen3 Hemi tuning
5) Safe for engine - They use knock sensors to help save engine great for stock - strokers - boosted
6) Use your factory Hemi either new crate or salvage take out as is no buying and adapting cable TB
7) Clean engine compartment Easy install

Last but not least:
    Product support - While traveling if something was to go wrong with ECU (highly unlikely) you could go to a Mopar Dealer in a pinch.
    With a little long distance coaching from Modern Muscle we can get you going again.     
    FYI Never had to yet

Personal experience:
When we did the white Challenger in 2005 we used FAST, DBW, and AEM. We ended up with the AEM because there was no tuning available for the DBW so there was a significant performance difference. When the car was on DBW it was the most reliable and enjoyable to drive but lacked power because we were using a 5.7 tune up on a 6.1. Turn the clock ahead to 2013 and there is tuning available for stock, large displacement, and Power adders.

One last thing:
I always get the opinion from the people about being stranded by the DBW and they want to use a cable operated TB.
People, this is not the old days when we all had a can of starting fluid in the trunk or a spare ballast resister in the glove box. There are no quick fixes for computers. Even if all they do is fire your coil packs while you have carburetors mounted on top. I would much rather have the factory ECU that is designed to go 100,000 miles plus.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013 - 07:01:40 AM by David Weber »
Thank You
David Weber
Modern Muscle 276-666-1934
www.modernmuscleperformance.com

Offline johns cuda shop

• 71 Cuda Pro-Touring Build
  • Machinist and Fabricator
    • Custom Machine Components
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013 - 02:14:09 PM »
 :
Couple reasons I like the factory computers with custom Harness:

1) Least expensive even with custom harness etc.
2) Reliability - It is the most reliable operating system when turned into a stand alone
3) Tuning - Your base tune you are starting with has thousands of dollars and hours put in it by factory engineers
4) Aftermarket tuners - There are hundreds of tuning shops available that are very familiar with Gen3 Hemi tuning
5) Safe for engine - They use knock sensors to help save engine great for stock - strokers - boosted
6) Use your factory Hemi either new crate or salvage take out as is no buying and adapting cable TB
7) Clean engine compartment Easy install

Last but not least:
    Product support - While traveling if something was to go wrong with ECU (highly unlikely) you could go to a Mopar Dealer in a pinch.
    With a little long distance coaching from Modern Muscle we can get you going again.     
    FYI Never had to yet

Personal experience:
When we did the white Challenger in 2005 we used FAST, DBW, and AEM. We ended up with the AEM because there was no tuning available for the DBW so there was a significant performance difference. When the car was on DBW it was the most reliable and enjoyable to drive but lacked power because we were using a 5.7 tune up on a 6.1. Turn the clock ahead to 2013 and there is tuning available for stock, large displacement, and Power adders.

One last thing:
I always get the opinion from the people about being stranded by the DBW and they want to use a cable operated TB.
People, this is not the old days when we all had a can of starting fluid in the trunk or a spare ballast resister in the glove box. There are no quick fixes for computers. Even if all they do is fire your coil packs while you have carburetors mounted on top. I would much rather have the factory ECU that is designed to go 100,000 miles plus.
I agree :iagree:
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline David Weber

• MAKING OLD NEW AGAIN AND NEW OLD
    • MODERN MUSCLE PERFORMANCE GROUP
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013 - 07:44:42 AM »
Thats what I had before I bought my FAST system. It ran great besides stalling under heavy breaking and having an surge at idle. No one in my area wanted to tune the car for under 1500. I also tried the diablo tuner and it didn't live up to my standards. (Not to mention it wiped the OEM computer to where I had to re-flash it.) Wile it was a good setup I dont think I would do it again.

We to started with FAST and AEM but for most the factory drive by wire is a good choice. I am sorry your experience was so poor with DBW. You do need a shop like ours to tune with CMR software, the hand held does not cover all needs. Unless you live in DuBai your local shops are insane to get $1500 for a tune. Most problems can be worked out via email tunes or a reasonable price tune shop. Don't get me wrong the FAST and AEM is a good system also but it requires more of a enthusiast like yourself. Many of the installs we do or assist in are shops or people that have no interest in the engine management they just know it is required.
Thank You
David Weber
Modern Muscle 276-666-1934
www.modernmuscleperformance.com

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013 - 08:17:51 PM »
We to started with FAST and AEM but for most the factory drive by wire is a good choice. I am sorry your experience was so poor with DBW. You do need a shop like ours to tune with CMR software, the hand held does not cover all needs. Unless you live in DuBai your local shops are insane to get $1500 for a tune. Most problems can be worked out via email tunes or a reasonable price tune shop. Don't get me wrong the FAST and AEM is a good system also but it requires more of a enthusiast like yourself. Many of the installs we do or assist in are shops or people that have no interest in the engine management they just know it is required.

:iagree:   :swear: :stomp: :pullinghair: :banghead: sometimes simple is better...
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline GCCUDA

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013 - 10:26:31 PM »
I BELEIVE THE MSD IS THE BEST!!! BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!