Author Topic: Dash frame  (Read 1675 times)

Offline 300

• 69 chevelle,67chevelle , 70 barracuda
Dash frame
« on: June 01, 2012 - 06:16:56 AM »
Hello. Just got my 70 Cuda rally frame back from being painted. What is the assembly sequence for putting back together ( I did not take it apart). Got all new gauges 4 light bar wiring etc. Everything is new. thanks in advance

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
Re: Dash frame
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012 - 10:38:39 AM »
Start with installing the pad.  Some of the nuts will be harder to get to later on.  You may have to do a little trimming of some foam if your pad is new.  Before installing anything, test fit the left and right lower dash trim and the light bar.  If the pad needs trimming, it's easier to do it now instead of when a lot of other parts are installed.

Then lay out the dash harness and get the wires run in the gerneal area they need to be in. The left hand lower dash trim can wait to be installed later on but the right side trim needs to be installed before the radio.  I'd start with the gauge cluster and work towards each end.

Offline 300

• 69 chevelle,67chevelle , 70 barracuda
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012 - 01:30:19 PM »
Thanks, does the light bar go on before pad, also once pad is on should I test fit in car

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012 - 01:52:53 PM »
The light bar is the last thing you will install.  It goes ontop of the gauge woodgrain bezels.

Once I had the pad attached to the frame I test fit it in the car.  That would be a good idea.  If something is way off, it would be nice to not have to tear the entire thing back apart.

Offline elmoska

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012 - 09:47:39 PM »
is this the light pad you're talking about ? is this taking all the gap between the wooden trim around the cluster and the upper pad ??
1974 challenger on its way..

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012 - 02:48:09 AM »

The light bar goes directly over the guages and provides light on them at night.

The left and right lower dash trim pieces typically have fitment issues and this is where you have to trim off some of the dash foam to make them fit correctly. It's a pretty straightforward operation from start to finish but I will stress that you should check your wiring harness and make sure it's ready to go and then you should check that your guages still work before reinstalling them into the dash.
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline elmoska

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012 - 08:50:39 AM »
The light bar goes directly over the guages and provides light on them at night.

is this the light bar you're talking.

The left and right lower dash trim pieces typically have fitment issues and this is where you have to trim off some of the dash foam to make them fit correctly. It's a pretty straightforward operation from start to finish but I will stress that you should check your wiring harness and make sure it's ready to go and then you should check that your guages still work before reinstalling them into the dash.

you mean the part around the climate control and the one around the radio or you mean the botton of the dash near the kick pannel

Offline spamtank

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012 - 10:05:40 AM »
 :popcorn:
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012 - 12:20:01 PM »
1) Yes that is the lightbar, while it's out change the bulbs and verify it works with a 12V battery before reinstalling

2) Yes that is the lower left dash trim piece. Now if you look at the top most portion of it where it will meet the new dash you will have fit issues here. Once you get your dash you may need to trim this part to get it to fit.

You are on your way!

Merry Christmas!
B
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline elmoska

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012 - 12:23:39 PM »
1) Yes that is the lightbar, while it's out change the bulbs and verify it works with a 12V battery before reinstalling

2) Yes that is the lower left dash trim piece. Now if you look at the top most portion of it where it will meet the new dash you will have fit issues here. Once you get your dash you may need to trim this part to get it to fit.

You are on your way!

Merry Christmas!
B

thanks a lot .. i'm gonna take picture of my top cover and try to find somebody that can fix minor crack.. i dont know if i wanna invest in a new pad.