Author Topic: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!  (Read 110332 times)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2013 - 08:30:16 PM »
Cool car regardless.
Keep up the awesome work!

Definitely want to see the end results. 

Hurry Up !!!   :poopoke:

So, ECS, you get into all kind of spats.  it's funny.
Love your work.  Love the knowledge I get from your threads.
Please don't lock the thread over a simple 22 pages of talking.
After all, were here to talk anyway.    :blah: :blah: :blah:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2013 - 08:31:55 PM »
Oh, I thought a black and white interior would be called for.
It's an upgrade, but not a fancy color.

Red car with no vinyl top.  But all the extra's.    :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline resq302

« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2013 - 08:06:18 PM »
I call shenanigans!  I see photo shopping lines!    :smilielol:

Offline resq302

« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2013 - 09:06:09 PM »
Gives new meaning to raise the roof!   :ylsuper:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2013 - 10:56:36 PM »
Well at least you can make fun of your situation, because you can't deny it. :2cents:  :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2013 - 08:29:19 AM »
Dave,  What are you saying?  That is about as ridiculous as a line in James Best ( aka Rosco P Coltrane from the Dukes of Hazzard) recent movie "Return of the Killer Shrews where he says "Did he just say lets go save those dead guys?" and some of the other "rasied roof" comments that were earlier in this thread.   :roflsmiley:

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2013 - 11:12:28 AM »
You are absolutely right!  Adding to your observations, there is an inherent focus that requires consistent linearity once the targeted goals are realized.  After we factor those considerations, applying diversified variables will provide the procured justification necessary to be rendered!  This is all predicated on the obvious consideration taken on precautionary measures.  :2thumbs:

Stay focused :bigsmile:

Offline resq302

« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2013 - 09:33:29 PM »
Well, I was going to say that the blue car could seem like that due to the angle the picture was taken at BUT then I scrolled down where you got the same angle of the proto-type so I guess I really can't say anything.

Actually Dave, why not just go with the "raised roof" theme and paint it white and call it the Mope-mobile! (Pope-mobile)   :smilielol:    Sorry, I guess I had a little too much exposure to paint fumes today inside Dad's garage painting part of the GTX.    :eek4:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2013 - 11:16:01 PM »
Actually I was going to come back on this thread to thank your guy Jon for helping me prove my point. The yellow lines are a great help !Your third "yellow lined" picture clearly shows what I've been trying to describe in my earlier posts. I can also see now that if you post a picture of the car from the rear, the lower E Body rear window will really accentuate the "awkwardness" of the roof.

I think, as your partner suggested, if you "black-out" the side windows frames the black vinyl roof may take away from the "raised roof" appearance, with red window frames it would definitely stand-out.

Again the awkward appearance of the roof and glass is nothing your team could avoid with the building process you've chosen. That being the use of off-the-shelf parts to mimic the process done in the late 60's by Chrysler.

If you can not handle constructive criticism, or concerns considering the affect of the vinyl roof addition and you wish to continue in your name calling and public belittling of myself and the work I do....can you at least use up-to-date photos ? That last one is over seven years old. My web site is full of recent pictures depicting my work....feel free to use any or all. :cheers:

Cheers...Alan

P.S. If you could continue with your spell checking, that would be a great help :worshippy
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline resq302

« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2013 - 11:58:47 AM »
Actually I was going to come back on this thread to thank your guy Jon for helping me prove my point. The yellow lines are a great help !Your third "yellow lined" picture clearly shows what I've been trying to describe in my earlier posts. I can also see now that if you post a picture of the car from the rear, the lower E Body rear window will really accentuate the "awkwardness" of the roof.

I think, as your partner suggested, if you "black-out" the side windows frames the black vinyl roof may take away from the "raised roof" appearance, with red window frames it would definitely stand-out.

Again the awkward appearance of the roof and glass is nothing your team could avoid with the building process you've chosen. That being the use of off-the-shelf parts to mimic the process done in the late 60's by Chrysler.

If you can not handle constructive criticism, or concerns considering the affect of the vinyl roof addition and you wish to continue in your name calling and public belittling of myself and the work I do....can you at least use up-to-date photos ? That last one is over seven years old. My web site is full of recent pictures depicting my work....feel free to use any or all. :cheers:

Cheers...Alan

P.S. If you could continue with your spell checking, that would be a great help :worshippy

Alan,

Is this a recent pic?

Offline resq302

« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2013 - 12:03:14 PM »
Is this a recent pic?  The engine is painted super nice!  I noticed something weird though, that there is paint on the top part of the fuel pump but absolutely nothing on the bottom where the fuel lines connect into.  I could see if they masked that off, which I don't believe they masked off the towers, just the fittings, but how would all of that paint have gotten behind the fuel pump with not having any get onto the pump which would have been in front of it?   After all, "No detail goes un-noticed, because it's the little things that count."

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 - 12:09:23 PM by resq302 »

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2013 - 01:34:26 PM »
Those are some great looking engine pictures !  :2thumbs:

You forgot to mention how everything is painted in the correct colours using spray bombs....The spindles are spray painted cast grey, the strut bars are paint stainless steel silver, etc....everything is painted and then clear coated for long time preservation on cars that actually get driven.  :22yikes:

My customer's are certainly happy with my "OE STYLE" restorations, they don't really care about overspray directions etc...They prefer NOT to spend $200K on a restoration just to have it sit in the garage to look at, and, by gosh, the customer's always right ! :worshippy

But geez Dave, there you go again running this thread right off topic. :nono:  It's not about me Dave...It's about you. :thumbsup:

You are building a 4dr Barracuda, it's never been done before.
It looks awkward in the roof/glass/door area because it's a 4dr Barracuda, what the heck else did you expect?
Whether or not the obvious "raised roof" appearance is only just an optical illusion or a measurable fact is irrelevant.

My original question remains the same....Will a vinyl top make the car look better or worse?

Maybe if you stopped all your bickering, name calling and public belittling of me and my work, others may chime in with their opinions of the vinyl roof addition.

After all you did ask for opinions and suggestions  :dunno:

Offline resq302

« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2013 - 02:12:50 PM »
Those are some great looking engine pictures !  :2thumbs:

You forgot to mention how everything is painted in the correct colours using spray bombs....The spindles are spray painted cast grey, the strut bars are paint stainless steel silver, etc....everything is painted and then clear coated for long time preservation on cars that actually get driven.  :22yikes:

My customer's are certainly happy with my "OE STYLE" restorations, they don't really care about overspray directions etc...They prefer NOT to spend $200K on a restoration just to have it sit in the garage to look at, and, by gosh, the customer's always right ! :worshippy

But geez Dave, there you go again running this thread right off topic. :nono:  It's not about me Dave...It's about you. :thumbsup:

You are building a 4dr Barracuda, it's never been done before.
It looks awkward in the roof/glass/door area because it's a 4dr Barracuda, what the heck else did you expect?
Whether or not the obvious "raised roof" appearance is only just an optical illusion or a measurable fact is irrelevant.

My original question remains the same....Will a vinyl top make the car look better or worse?

Maybe if you stopped all your bickering, name calling and public belittling of me and my work, others may chime in with their opinions of the vinyl roof addition.

After all you did ask for opinions and suggestions  :dunno:

Alan,

How can it be considered OE style with the fuel pump being masked off or painted off of the engine after the engine block and rest of it has been painted?  Thats a little contradiction there isn't it?  To me, OE style would have been to mount the fuel pump, and then paint the engine assembly.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2013 - 04:02:14 PM »
"OE STYLE" to me is defined as the same style the factory may have, or may not have used. :2cents:

What you guys strive for is "OE CORRECT".....

In my 30+ years of restoring Mopars I've never stood on a soap box preaching that my work is 100% OE correct. It's simply a matter of what "I" think looks good....whether it's correct or not, I could care less.

After a couple of weeks trying to convince yourself that there is no awkward appearance in the roof line/windows of your 4dr project, and failing, I'm honored that you've taken the time to publically bash my work, and show off all those nice engine pictures in your thread, because I simply don't care about the inaccuracies in my little details. There was no "masking" of the fuel pump, I chose not to paint the entire thing when I was spray bombing that particular engine, big deal :blah: .

The only thing in my "backyard" is our swimming pool and it's closed for the season :crying:

So I'm guessing that you have no opinions on the vinyl top question ? :dunno:

Offline resq302

« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2013 - 04:30:44 PM »
"OE STYLE" to me is defined as the same style the factory may have, or may not have used. :2cents:

What you guys strive for is "OE CORRECT".....

In my 30+ years of restoring Mopars I've never stood on a soap box preaching that my work is 100% OE correct. It's simply a matter of what "I" think looks good....whether it's correct or not, I could care less.

After a couple of weeks trying to convince yourself that there is no awkward appearance in the roof line/windows of your 4dr project, and failing, I'm honored that you've taken the time to publically bash my work, and show off all those nice engine pictures in your thread, because I simply don't care about the inaccuracies in my little details. There was no "masking" of the fuel pump, I chose not to paint the entire thing when I was spray bombing that particular engine, big deal :blah: .

The only thing in my "backyard" is our swimming pool and it's closed for the season :crying:

So I'm guessing that you have no opinions on the vinyl top question ? :dunno:

Alan, don't get me wrong, you do some nice work but I would not go as far as saying that it would be OE. 

Also, the bold area I highlighted above, doesn't that contradict what you put on your website?  In case you have to refresh your memory, here is a snippet from your own site.  "No detail goes un-noticed, because it's the little things that count."  As the saying goes, you can't have your cake and eat it too. :dunno: :clueless: