Author Topic: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!  (Read 110337 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2014 - 03:34:43 PM »
I feel the moderators do a good job of watching everybody's behavior on this site and the other Mopar sites that have been mentioned. :thumbsup:

To my knowledge there's only one person that keeps getting "banned" or asked not to post on Mopar sites all across the internet. Seems we've found our common denominator.  :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2014 - 03:40:13 PM »
I feel the moderators do a good job of watching everybody's behavior on this site and the other Mopar sites that have been mentioned. :thumbsup:

To my knowledge there's only one person that keeps getting "banned" or asked not to post on Mopar sites all across the internet. Seems we've found our common denominator.  :2cents:

And yet there always seems to be a few common instigators too for that denominator.  What a coincidence.   :2thumbs: 

Also, other than here and Moparts, where is Dave "banned" from.   I seem to recall that a bunch of people who came over to here and DC.com who were "banned" from Moparts.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014 - 04:00:10 PM by resq302 »

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2014 - 04:11:30 PM »
Regardless, it's nice to know that nonsense has no place on this site. :worshippy

That's why this is the ONLY website I chose to participate on. :2thumbs:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline resq302

« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2014 - 04:26:38 PM »
Regardless, it's nice to know that nonsense has no place on this site. :worshippy

That's why this is the ONLY website I chose to participate on. :2thumbs:

This is why I post more on some sites than others.  I am not as active on Moparts as I used to be.  (you were over there too, right Alan?  I can't remember but I thought so.) I also used to be a lot more active on DC.com but for as much as I am on other sites more now it seems.  Maybe a better atmosphere with less bickering, maybe more content, maybe just people who appreciate the work of others..... I don't know.  But with restoring things, I tend to find that one site does not always know everything or have contacts other sites may have.  It is kind of foolish to have all of your eggs in on spot as they say. 

Whats funny is that some sites seem to bring out the biggest hypocrites.  I agree that nonsense has no place on this and most sites, yet certain people  continue to respond.   I can think of at least two sites right now where myself and others have posted some content where people appreciate what is being posted.  Maybe it is irony that some sites praise people for what they can do while others would rather bash someone because of the insecurities or jealousy they have.

Offline resq302

« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2014 - 10:55:32 PM »

Resq302, you present the same type of behavior that got the thread locked on DC.com.  You should also notice that many of the posts on that thread are yours.  Now you're here, continuing to stir the pot on ECS's behalf.

I backed away from that thread before it got locked, and didn't participate on the 2nd thread.  It reached a crescendo that if anyone posted something to the contrary, YOU or ECS would be back to attack them, leaving people feeling as if they have just been horribly disciplined, thus posting a wise crack, or another non productive "comeback" post just to save face.

At the end there was no conducive posts that could end the back and forth arguments. Even if ECS presented his new "smoking gun evidence" he alluded to about 4-door Barracuda's existence, it would likely be followed with a targeted angry rebuttal that would offend everyone on the thread, thus making more enemies.  I'm guessing that's what the moderators were afraid of when locking this thread. Or they were just plain embarrassed.  If ECS didn't come through with solid evidence, another 10 pages will follow about his lack of concrete proof which would turn to more name calling and accusations.

I'm pretty sure that's why the thread was locked.  I'm no saint.  But you're not either - - so don't act like one.

TUFCAT

Tom,

The more I think about it, the more puzzled I am about your statements and how you are coming to that conclusion.  You say that many of the posts on that thread that got locked were mine.  Please show me where in this thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98383.250.html .   Please be sure to check out ECS's first post!  Also, I stopped counting at page 11 because your post count to mine FAR outweighed mine.  If you're counting up to and including page 11, your total posts to that point was 60 to my 13.  If you want, I can continue counting the rest of the pages.  If you go back and re-read the locked thread, you will see where neither Dave, nor myself, were the ones who started the attack.  I am posting this on MY behalf, not ECS's.  So you can say what you want about "stirring the pot" on Dave's behalf.  I am here out of my own defending my integrity and reputation. 

You say I am not a saint and I agree, I have my faults, however, I still treat people with respect.  If someone has something that I don't like about their car, I don't say anything.  Common courtesy.  I don't go on there saying that their vehicle is an abomination or a farce.    Did I post in the second thread?  Yes, I made a joke about wanting to see a Satellite Wagon.  Was I disrespectful?  No.  However, if someone accuses me of something or starts bashing on me when I did not start the "fight", you'd better believe that I will stand up for myself.  Just ask some of your friends when I've confronted them at E-town a few years back.  Its funny how some people are "keyboard commandos" yet are totally different when you talk to them face to face about the matter. 

I'm guessing the threads were locked because someone (you know) contacted the mods begging them to lock it.  Again, that is only my guess.  My  :2cents: as some people say.  Who knows?  Maybe that so called "smoking gun" had the hammer cocked and was read to pull the trigger.   :smilielol:

Offline TUFCAT

« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:52:39 PM »
Tom,

The more I think about it, the more puzzled I am about your statements and how you are coming to that conclusion.  You say that many of the posts on that thread that got locked were mine.  Please show me where in this thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98383.250.html .   Please be sure to check out ECS's first post!  Also, I stopped counting at page 11 because your post count to mine FAR outweighed mine.  If you're counting up to and including page 11, your total posts to that point was 60 to my 13.  If you want, I can continue counting the rest of the pages.  If you go back and re-read the locked thread, you will see where neither Dave, nor myself, were the ones who started the attack.  I am posting this on MY behalf, not ECS's.  So you can say what you want about "stirring the pot" on Dave's behalf.  I am here out of my own defending my integrity and reputation. 

You say I am not a saint and I agree, I have my faults, however, I still treat people with respect.  If someone has something that I don't like about their car, I don't say anything.  Common courtesy.  I don't go on there saying that their vehicle is an abomination or a farce.    Did I post in the second thread?  Yes, I made a joke about wanting to see a Satellite Wagon.  Was I disrespectful?  No.  However, if someone accuses me of something or starts bashing on me when I did not start the "fight", you'd better believe that I will stand up for myself.  Just ask some of your friends when I've confronted them at E-town a few years back.  Its funny how some people are "keyboard commandos" yet are totally different when you talk to them face to face about the matter. 

I'm guessing the threads were locked because someone (you know) contacted the mods begging them to lock it.  Again, that is only my guess.  My  :2cents: as some people say.  Who knows?  Maybe that so called "smoking gun" had the hammer cocked and was read to pull the trigger.   :smilielol:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014 - 12:13:55 AM by TUFCAT »

Offline resq302

« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2014 - 06:55:25 AM »

I see you've edited your post.  Everything ok, Tom?  Did you have a change of heart or did the cat get your tongue?   :biggrin:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2014 - 11:51:20 AM »
I can't speak for other sites and how the Mods on other sites operate their forum. That said, I can say this about how this forums Mods operate. Rarely does a thread get locked because someone says they think it should be. We understand that there are many members here and that no thread will make 100% of the members happy. If one group is happy, another group is not. That's just the nature of people. We allow everyone to have their say on whatever topic is being discussed. But sometimes, threads must be locked.
The Mods here lock threads for several reasons. Name calling, disrespect of other members, bashing, and threads that are simply arguing and bickering back and forth with no productive end in sight. Does that last part sound familiar? Dave is gone, so let's allow him to do or say whatever he wishes on other forums without dragging it over here and re-hashing it again. I wish Dave well in whatever he does. If he has proof, he will provide it. If not, he will suffer that too. Anyway, let's get this thread back on topic please....    :cheers:
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline resq302

« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2014 - 02:27:10 PM »
Anyway, let's get this thread back on topic please....    :cheers:

Thanks Oldschool.   :2thumbs: I'm guessing this thread is basically finished since no additional input or progress can be posted by ECS since he is banned.  I guess the only other entertainment this thread can provide is reading the responses that Tufcat is allowing his cronies to compose on his behalf.  Since I had the opportunity to re-read the threads on here and DC.com, I noticed a difference in the typing styles and mannerisms in the replies.  Almost as if "someone else" had been typing it for him.  With working in the area of law enforcement, it allows you to notice the modus operandi of various perpetrators / actors.  They typically get caught because they assume they are always one step ahead when they are actually two steps behind.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like.  The talent going into this ride is absolutely stunning.  If it is anything like the previous cars that ECS and crew have done, it will be nothing short of museum quality!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2014 - 02:37:01 PM »
 :roflsmiley:

Offline resq302

« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2014 - 02:42:44 PM »
:roflsmiley:

It is entertaining, isn't it, Alan?   :cooldancing:

Offline TUFCAT

« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2014 - 05:30:10 PM »
Thanks Oldschool.   :2thumbs: I'm guessing this thread is basically finished since no additional input or progress can be posted by ECS since he is banned.  I guess the only other entertainment this thread can provide is reading the responses that Tufcat is allowing his cronies to compose on his behalf.  Since I had the opportunity to re-read the threads on here and DC.com, I noticed a difference in the typing styles and mannerisms in the replies.  Almost as if "someone else" had been typing it for him.  With working in the area of law enforcement, it allows you to notice the modus operandi of various perpetrators / actors.  They typically get caught because they assume they are always one step ahead when they are actually two steps behind.

Are you delusional?

Offline resq302

« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2014 - 05:38:10 PM »
Are you delusional?

Delusional? What makes you think that?  From what I see, everything is crystal clear! :2thumbs:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2014 - 09:34:11 AM »
I just wanted to see a 4 door cuda that was done with incredible work.

I'm here to see cool stuff.
Not read bickering and opinions.

I really don't want this thread to get locked as I sure would like to see the final product.

So, how about the last ten posters should just not talk again on this thread.  MAYBE, Just MAYBE,  I can get to see some pictures of a cool car.   

I can post my opinion too.   :2cents: :2cents:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2014 - 09:44:19 AM »
I just wanted to see a 4 door cuda that was done with incredible work.

I'm here to see cool stuff.
Not read bickering and opinions.

I really don't want this thread to get locked as I sure would like to see the final product.

So, how about the last ten posters should just not talk again on this thread.  MAYBE, Just MAYBE,  I can get to see some pictures of a cool car.   

I can post my opinion too.   :2cents: :2cents:
:clapping: :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0