Author Topic: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!  (Read 110326 times)

Offline resq302

Re: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2013 - 12:11:23 PM »
The specifics, options and design for this project was mapped out long before the assembly was started.  For those who think it is a "flawed" concept, go build your own rendition of what you think it should be.  :thumbsup:   

Ok, Dave, but I'll need to use your parts and borrow your guy who does the welding since I have not the first clue on how to weld!   :2thumbs:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2013 - 05:21:05 PM »
what`s the reason you raised the roof?  kinda breaks up the sporty line imo  :dunno:
*** Bart ***

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2013 - 05:55:16 PM »
The center roof is actually in a stock 71 "B" Body location in relation to the body side apertures. The front windshield area has been  lowered and modified to incorporate an "E" Body windshield.
The roof only appears as being raised because the height of a factory windshield on a factory 2dr Cuda is actually higher then the side glass where as in this 4dr it's actually now lower.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2013 - 06:18:00 PM »
Dave,

I see a dip line on the inner part of the front door.  Are you going to dip the car back down to that line so the rest of the car is equal?  Don't forget that the fenders were also hung and then dipped vertically, not mounted on the car like the 99.9999% of the evidence has proven.   :smilielol:

Offline tuff340GranCoupe

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2013 - 09:39:20 PM »
Either way, you guys are doing an incredible job building this ride. No matter how it turns out, I'm going to like it!  :clapping:  :jumping:  You guys rule!

Offline resq302

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2013 - 10:06:03 PM »
Either way, you guys are doing an incredible job building this ride. No matter how it turns out, I'm going to like it!  :clapping:  :jumping:  You guys rule!
:iagree:

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2013 - 01:40:58 AM »
That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen...what a waste of time and money.  Yes I read the whole thing.  And it's not just ugly...it's downright Fugly!   you'll get the attention your looking for out there. Then it will slowly fade away. And sit in a barn somewhere next to an old boat and tractor.  It looks too much like the c bodies.   And I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt.  But it's not working...   Your answer as to "why" is quite insufficient.

But I do respect it none the less.  I'm about to push the limits myself. And I like people who think outside the box.
It's just so... Um.  There's no real word for it...     It's hideous.      :2cents:  R/T

'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2013 - 10:47:44 AM »
And sit in a barn somewhere next to an old boat and tractor. 

But then maybe after it sits there for 20-30 years someone will find it and say, "Is this the 4 door Barracuda prototype that Plymouth made back in 1969?"   :woohoo:

Would be still a unique find, IMO!!!!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline spamtank

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2013 - 11:35:47 AM »
But then maybe after it sits there for 20-30 years someone will find it and say, "Is this the 4 door Barracuda prototype that Plymouth made back in 1969?"   :woohoo:

Would be still a unique find, IMO!!!!  :grinyes:

Just need to get Galen to certify it. :naughty: :poopoke:
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2013 - 12:15:01 PM »
very nice work on this , I like the idea and the work you are doing , it may not appeal to everybody but then thats why it works , to each his own and its very creative  :2thumbs:
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2013 - 04:46:04 PM »
Chrysler destroyed it for a reason...      Because they were smart.  :roflsmiley:

Oh... I don't really care what ya do. It's different. Unique. Blah blah blah...  I see it as a complete abomination!  Why does it have a sticky? It should be in the restos. Like everybody else. Call her Betsy...   

It would be much better in a Challenger format.  :poopoke:  R/T
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2013 - 05:13:59 PM »
You're welcome.       R/T
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2013 - 07:46:48 PM »
Not really... As a prototype model maker for John Deere, Polaris, And New Holland companies... I deal in product development. I make the stuff...I sculpt the stuff...I dream it.

It's just common sense...    It was an idea!  Worth trying to make a buck. Plain and simple.  And at that time it wasn't a big deal for them. That's how they did it!    They already had the car!   

Why not go further and do a limo?  Or at least a matching trailer to pull behind.  Or a El Camino!  Yeah... That would be cool...           Make a Challenger 4 door...

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like this? Or who is willing to speak his mind?

This place sure has changed a lot lately.   And not all for the better IMO. 

I love these cars more than that...     R/T     

71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2013 - 09:35:26 PM »

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like this? Or who is willing to speak his mind?

This place sure has changed a lot lately.   And not all for the better IMO. 
Well it's not my cup of tea per say . Meaning I have no interest in owning one or have no desire to build one if I had unlimited funds etc.... It's kinda in the same catagory as the 70 Challenger station wagon? But I do admire the craftsmanship and skills in the build. Sure if someone "overhauled "my car and did that to it ya sure I'd be pissed but it's his car, his money, his time. To each his own! The world would be a pretty boring place if we were all the same , no?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2013 - 12:54:10 AM »
Nowhere have I attacked or questioned your skill personally Sir. It has nothing to do with you.  But now you belittle yourself. It's like you know I'm right.       Keep it on topic. And on focus.     Don't bash me personally.   You seem to be more of an inventor than a product development engineer...  Your inventing products to sell not producing custom prototypes.

Look...   I'm sorry. I just...   Really do just love these cars. And it's hard for me to understand. So... I'm asking you to help me to understand.    What could this possibly do to benefit our cars that working with a two door couldn't. I assure you I'm really not close-minded at all.  Actually just the opposite.     That's why I said I don't really care what you do... Because in the end... I don't. Do whatever the F u want...      Cuda-Challenger.com has been like a home for me. A family. And maybe I'm just taking it too personally for some reason.    I mean you no harm.  Consider it just fuel for your fire. We are probably a lot alike just different.        And I too know how these things come apart. That's why I honestly and truly admire what it takes to do. I've done it enough to know...  That's for sure.    And I admire your willingness to hear me out. And speak your mind.     Tell me you don't like me.  Hey. i respect that.       I'm about to possibly go off the deep end on my own cuda project. What most will call an "abomination"  perhaps.   In close scale to what you are doing. Only in a different way. And for a different reason. And a different media per se'.     But I would surely look forward to your thoughts on it.    I'm serious ECS.           

I don't know why i don't like it so much.    It's just a car.    And I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.  At first it just seemed BAD. But maybe I'll warm up to it somehow.   I do respect what your doing I just don't fully agree with it yet...          My name it Robert. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013 - 01:00:30 AM by IMNCARN82 »
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"