Author Topic: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!  (Read 110317 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2013 - 08:27:08 AM »
IMO, a red and white upholstered interior would be cool.  All red would be drowning in red, IMO.  :2cents:

This is a wicked cool project.  :grinyes: Wish I could see this car in person one day.   In all seriousness, a station wagon or El Camino style Cuda would be cool.  Doubt that there was ever a concept of either but would be cool, IMO.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2013 - 09:28:55 AM »
Interior should be H2EW in my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2013 - 10:14:02 AM »
IMO, a red and white upholstered interior would be cool.  All red would be drowning in red, IMO.  :2cents:

This is a wicked cool project.  :grinyes: Wish I could see this car in person one day.   In all seriousness, a station wagon or El Camino style Cuda would be cool.  Doubt that there was ever a concept of either but would be cool, IMO.

I agree.  Something similar to the Rampage.  Although I doubt they thought of that way back then.

Offline resq302

« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2013 - 10:45:18 AM »
Dave,

The 340 is basically a modified 318.  I can't see why you couldn't (or even Chrysler) have used a 340.  The 340 was a power house for such a small motor.  Our chally was a beefed up 318 with modified parts such as headers and such and bored out to what a 340 was.  We just found correct factory 340 stuff and made it a factory appearing 340 engine.  We still have all of the factory 2 bbl 318 parts that the prev. owner removed so we could always sleeve the block and put it back to the correct #s matching 318 stuff if we wanted to.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2013 - 12:23:56 PM »
Engine should be "L" code in my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2013 - 01:34:15 PM »
I think the majority of all e-bodies were 318 2bbl and 383 2bbl, so my response would be to choose one of those. But I guess part of it is understanding why the original car was built. I don't get the impression that it was meant to be a "wow factor" factor, with big crowds around it at international auto shows. It sounds like (and correct me if I'm wrong) that it was more of a proof of concept to show what was needed to make the car a practical reality. If that's the case, I'd stress the practical reality part, and definitely go 318 or 383. If it was meant for the car show circuit, then 340 or 440.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline resq302

« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2013 - 02:40:59 PM »
Actually, a big block in there would be one heck of a sleeper car too!  Not that Chrysler had any intention of doing a prototype as a sleeper.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2013 - 03:20:30 PM »
Where are the pictures to prove the car was actually built ? I can't find them on the internet. :dunno:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2013 - 03:42:31 PM »
Well I guess taking the word of the Mail boy who was probably stoned out of his mind :smokin: in the late sixties is good enough proof that it exisited... :2thumbs:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2013 - 03:57:42 PM »
I thought everybody smoked weed back in the sixties ? :smokin:

I was only 4 years old in 69, so my memory isn't all that good either..... :eek4:

You must remember ?

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2013 - 08:28:25 AM »
Looks real nice, ECS.  :thumbsup:

As far as an engine, have you considered a Slant 6?  :clueless:

Were they the same as the Hemi Slant 6's in Australia in the Chargers down there? If you were looking for a "concept factor" this might be different with the Hemi Slant 6.  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline resq302

« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2013 - 10:34:00 AM »
Dave,

What are you planning on doing for the bright work and trim around the windows?

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2013 - 01:27:13 PM »
Were they the same as the Hemi Slant 6's in Australia in the Chargers down there? If you were looking for a "concept factor" this might be different with the Hemi Slant 6.  :dunno:

Not the same, Phil, Unfortunately. I've looked into those a little. They were 265s, and they didn't "slant"  :grinno:  Apparently, there was a push at the time in Australia to have more local content in the cars, so that was a home-grown motor.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2013 - 09:59:27 PM »
Hey Dave,

If you are doing a `Cuda concept, why not just put a Hemi in it then ? :bigsmile:

Red car with a Red Shaker and maybe a Tan interior would look stunning, if you are doing a vinyl roof too, Then a Gator Grain roof would work really well with a Tan interior also. And i hope to see a luggage rack on the trunk :drool: And you can ot go wrong with a set of Rallye wheels in my opinion. :wave:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2013 - 02:42:23 PM »
Hey Dave,

If you are doing a `Cuda concept, why not just put a Hemi in it then ? :bigsmile:

Red car with a Red Shaker and maybe a Tan interior would look stunning, if you are doing a vinyl roof too, Then a Gator Grain roof would work really well with a Tan interior also. And i hope to see a luggage rack on the trunk :drool: And you can ot go wrong with a set of Rallye wheels in my opinion. :wave:
Luggage rack might be a good idea, usually not an option I like but in this case it would suit the car. As far as engine is concerned I'd say something low performance like the 318? :2cents:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0