SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!

Author Topic: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!  (Read 110348 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: SPY PHOTO - 1970 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR CUDA!!
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2014 - 10:11:21 AM »
I'm sure we will see it when it is done!   :2thumbs:

Offline resq302

« Reply #271 on: March 19, 2014 - 06:27:36 PM »
IMO, it's unfortunate the threads go the way of getting locked.  There's no doubt that he has great skills and is getting the job done.  It would have been interesting to have seen the finished product, regardless of the debate of if or if it didn't ever exist. 

Part of this hobby is seeing other peoples creativity.  Creativity entails personal preference.  Person preference entails that some people may not like what one does.  (Am I beginning to sound like Yoda?  :clueless:)  Would have been nice to see the finished product of his personal expression.  It may not be for everyone but would have been cool to see.  :2cents:

Super Blue 72,

I agree.  I just don't understand others who contest things that they do not know.  Just because they have not heard of or experienced it, doesn't mean it isn't real.  I don't bash someone else's religion because I haven't met Buddah.  I believe in God but I also haven't met him or seen a "real" picture of him.

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2014 - 07:14:00 PM »
I'm sure we will see it when it is done!   :2thumbs:

I hope so  :2thumbs:

Offline resq302

« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2014 - 10:42:12 AM »
Well, now there's two locked threads on this subject...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109192.0.html

:chatting:

Tufcat-

Why are you surprised?  What did you expect when you seemed to contact every moderator asking them to lock those threads?  Seems that whatever Dave was going to post next had you worried.   :roflsmiley:  Oh, I almost forgot...... :popcorn:

Well, I believe it was ECS that stated he was "invited to share is 4dr project" on two other Mopar web sites.

I guess if the threads are getting locked it's only because he exhibits the same behavior on those web sites as he's done in the past on this site and others. It's unfortunate. :sadwavey:

Alan-

Really?  You can always count on Dave to stand up to the trouble making remarks that some people make about his projects.  He never backs down when someone is attacking him or facts.  You of all people should know that Alan!   :wave:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:04:24 AM »
Ok enough finger pointing . . . .  :nono:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:24:13 AM »
Ok enough finger pointing . . . .  :nono:

Agreed, hey  :thinkerg:  I've never had the opportunity to use this one.... :drama:  :lol:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline resq302

« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:28:22 AM »
Brad,

You've never been with my in-laws have you? I get enough drama from that (actually one person) alone!   :roflsmiley:

Offline TUFCAT

« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:32:37 AM »
Tufcat-

Why are you surprised?  What did you expect when you seemed to contact every moderator asking them to lock those threads?  Seems that whatever Dave was going to post next had you worried.   :roflsmiley:  Oh, I almost forgot...... :popcorn:

Resq302, Its been almost a week so why hasn't Dave (ECS) posted the "proof" he promised everyone? The DC.com threads were locked, but he can post proof here or anywhere else for that matter...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014 - 11:36:03 AM by TUFCAT »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:51:38 AM »
but he can post proof here or anywhere else for that matter...

He can NOT post here . . . Banned.   :nono:   

Offline resq302

« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2014 - 11:53:56 AM »
Resq302, Its been almost a week so why hasn't Dave (ECS) posted the "proof" he promised everyone? The DC.com threads were locked, but he can post proof here or anywhere else for that matter...

I don't know.  He posted last on DC.com before the thread got locked.  Maybe his cruise ship disappeared along with that Malaysian plane?  Besides, he can't post on here anymore, remember?  Also, how can he post on the DC.com threads when they are locked?  I wonder who requested those threads both be locked?  Sure was "entertainment" as people liked to refer to it.  I'm sure that the proof is out there somewhere and he either has it or is in the process of getting it.

Offline resq302

« Reply #280 on: March 22, 2014 - 12:24:06 PM »

Tom,

Apparently, Dave is alive and well and posting stuff (like you had suggested) on other sites     :2thumbs:.....

I had a very informative conversation with Roger Johnson earlier today! He told me that he was 22 when he saw the car and worked in the "mailroom" because it gave him access to EVERY Chrysler area at the Highland Park location. He took the job as a way to get into the Chrysler Corporation and be involved with what was happening in 1969. Mr Johnson said he was very aware of what was taking place at Chrysler and the great Muscle-cars that were being built.

I am having him gather additional information about the Concept Car and things are starting to fall into place. It's no wonder that "tufcat" (a member from another Forum) asked for threads about the 4 Door Concept to be locked. He knew that the information I was about to disclose would negate his erroneous opinion saying that the Concept Car never existed. Stayed tuned for more updates on the actual Concept vehicle and progress pictures of our tribute Car.

Offline TUFCAT

« Reply #281 on: March 22, 2014 - 01:03:31 PM »
Tufcat-

Alan-

Really?  You can always count on Dave to stand up to the trouble making remarks that some people make about his projects.  He never backs down when someone is attacking him or facts.  You of all people should know that Alan!   :wave:

I don't know.  He posted last on DC.com before the thread got locked.  Maybe his cruise ship disappeared along with that Malaysian plane?  Besides, he can't post on here anymore, remember?  Also, how can he post on the DC.com threads when they are locked?  I wonder who requested those threads both be locked?  Sure was "entertainment" as people liked to refer to it.  I'm sure that the proof is out there somewhere and he either has it or is in the process of getting it.

Tom,

Apparently, Dave is alive and well and posting stuff (like you had suggested) on other sites     :2thumbs:.....

I had a very informative conversation with Roger Johnson earlier today! He told me that he was 22 when he saw the car and worked in the "mailroom" because it gave him access to EVERY Chrysler area at the Highland Park location. He took the job as a way to get into the Chrysler Corporation and be involved with what was happening in 1969. Mr Johnson said he was very aware of what was taking place at Chrysler and the great Muscle-cars that were being built.

I am having him gather additional information about the Concept Car and things are starting to fall into place. It's no wonder that "tufcat" (a member from another Forum) asked for threads about the 4 Door Concept to be locked. He knew that the information I was about to disclose would negate his erroneous opinion saying that the Concept Car never existed. Stayed tuned for more updates on the actual Concept vehicle and progress pictures of our tribute Car.

Resq302, you present the same type of behavior that got the thread locked on DC.com.  You should also notice that many of the posts on that thread are yours.  Now you're here, continuing to stir the pot on ECS's behalf.

I backed away from that thread before it got locked, and didn't participate on the 2nd thread.  It reached a crescendo that if anyone posted something to the contrary, YOU or ECS would be back to attack them, leaving people feeling as if they have just been horribly disciplined, thus posting a wise crack, or another non productive "comeback" post just to save face.

At the end there was no conducive posts that could end the back and forth arguments. Even if ECS presented his new "smoking gun evidence" he alluded to about 4-door Barracuda's existence, it would likely be followed with a targeted angry rebuttal that would offend everyone on the thread, thus making more enemies.  I'm guessing that's what the moderators were afraid of when locking this thread. Or they were just plain embarrassed.  If ECS didn't come through with solid evidence, another 10 pages will follow about his lack of concrete proof which would turn to more name calling and accusations.

I'm pretty sure that's why the thread was locked.  I'm no saint.  But you're not either - - so don't act like one.

TUFCAT

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014 - 01:49:56 PM by TUFCAT »

Offline resq302

« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2014 - 01:36:24 PM »

Resq302, you present the same type of behavior that got the thread locked on DC.com.  You'll notice many of the posts ion that thread are yours... and you are continuing to stir the pot right here on ECS's behalf...

I backed away from that thread before it got locked, and didn't participate on the 2nd thread.  It reached a crescendo that if anyone posted something to the contrary, YOU or ECS would be back to attack them.  This left people feeling as if they have just been horribly disciplined.

At the end there was no conducive posts that could end the back and forth arguments. Even if ECS came back with some "smoking gun evidence" that a 4-door Barracuda existed, he would probably come back offend everyone on the thread, and make more enemies. I'm guessing that's what the moderators were afraid of when locking this thread. Or they were just plain embarrassed.  If ECS didn't come through with solid evidence, another 10 pages will follow about his lack of concrete proof which would turn to more name calling and accusations.

I'm pretty sure that's why the thread was locked.

TUFCAT

Tom,

Same type of behavior? The quotes that you posted I see no way of how that is bad behavior?  You say I stir the pot?  Again, going by the two quotes that you highlighted, I see no way how that is "stirring the pot".   The second quote is a reply to you wondering why Dave hasn't posted anything on the matter.  I wasn't aware that he was posting stuff on other sites.  When I started searching, I found stuff that he posted.  Since it seemed like you were looking for the proof, I simply copied and pasted it here for you to view what he was up to. 

Since you are bringing up about someones behavior, I was going to go back and quote some of the aggressive behavior that you started doing the attacks on Dave with, however, I see that you must have deleted them as you now only have a total of 6 posts.  I know that you used to have a lot more than that.  What happened to all of them?  Surely you have had more posts than just 6 in a total of 4 years since you joined in March of 2010. 

If someone feels "disciplined" as you say, maybe it is because they know they are in the wrong.  Others would take it as constructive criticism or education.  Would you consider a school teacher "aggressive" if they were trying to correct a student who came to the wrong conclusion for a solving a problem when they were ignoring the facts.  What about a driver involved in an accident trying to say he is not at fault for the accident when the police officer proves that said driver was indeed at fault due to the reconstruction of the accident?  Is that officer being "aggressive" for writing up the truth?

So if you want to talk about someones behavior......  how do you explain this diplomatic response that you did over on DC.com?

Re: 4 Door Plymouth Barracuda
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »
What you are looking here is a pure "fantasy"... image_294343

My Dad witnessed the development of many (now historical) pre-production cars as they moved through Chrysler engineering at Highland Park within his 35 year career with Chrysler that began in 1965....

His job took him to every corner of engineering, and his office was 200 feet from the engineering paint shop which was in close proximity to the metal and trim shops. He had the run of engineering which included access to the "security room" where early prototypes were built.

I talked to him about this cobbled up abortion of a Barracuda Dave at ECS is trying to convince the world to be some sort of estranged engineering prototype.....

READY FOR THE ANSWER??  think

IT NEVER EXISTED. PERIOD.  sorry

Oh come now, surely one would think that it  "must have happened" because building such car sounds like SUCH A GOOD IDEA...!! sarcasm alert  ...oh yes, and SUCH AN EXCELLENT use of valuable TIME AND RESOURCES ohhthesarcasm to make a 4-door version of Chryslers first year Pony car when NOBODY ELSE WAS DOING IT!!  (Ford and GM) bad idea!

NOT to mention a BRAND NEW PLATFORM ( called the 1971 B-Body) was currently being developed....SO DO YOU THINK CHRYSLER WOULD SPEND ALL THIS EXTRA MONEY (THEY DIDN'T HAVE AT THE TIME) TO HAND FABRICATE A FOUR DOOR BARRACUDA THAT WAS NEVER PART OF THE PRODUCT PLAN EVER!!!!   - - Just for giggles?  ricky

If such a car EVER EXISTED people like my Dad would have known about. Its a FAKE, a FARSE, and a FABRICATION of FANTASY!  shortbus 

One more thing for you non-believers to ponder....the process of "styling a vehicle" was not as simple as grafting an existing front and rear onto another body. Chrysler would NEVER have gone through "such an exercise" in those days......ESPECIALLY to its sporty short wheel base design vehicle.... eek

Finally, "IF" such an abortion was ever to be created, then one or more "clay bucks" would have been built first....and that would have been expensive.

Chrysler Engineering wasn't like "Romper Room" with a bunch of guys in the corner of the experimental metal shop playing with welders and torches trying to build their own version a 4-door 'Cuda just for "kicks" while their supervisor was on vacation for a week - think about it.  scratchchin

If he wants to build such a car - go ahead!!  But there's no reason to bull**** people into believing that Chrysler actually built a prototype.  Twocents Twocents

No begging off of this one. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014 - 02:54:53 PM by resq302 »

Offline TUFCAT

« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2014 - 01:38:44 PM »
Tom,

Same type of behavior? The quotes that you posted I see no way of how that is bad behavior?  You say I stir the pot?  Again, going by the two quotes that you highlighted, I see no way how that is "stirring the pot".   The second quote is a reply to you wondering why Dave hasn't posted anything on the matter.  I wasn't aware that he was posting stuff on other sites.  When I started searching, I found stuff that he posted.  Since it seemed like you were looking for the proof, I simply copied and pasted it here for you to view what he was up to. 

Since you are bringing up about someones behavior, I was going to go back and quote some of the aggressive behavior that you started doing the attacks on Dave with, however, I see that you must have deleted them as you now only have a total of 6 posts.  I know that you used to have a lot more than that.  What happened to all of them?  Surely you have had more posts than just 6 in a total of 4 years since you joined in March of 2010. 

If someone feels "disciplined" as you say, maybe it is because they know they are in the wrong.  Others would take it as constructive criticism or education.  Would you consider a school teacher "aggressive" if they were trying to correct a student who came to the wrong conclusion for a solving a problem when they were ignoring the facts.  What about a driver involved in an accident trying to say he is not at fault for the accident when the police officer proves that said driver was indeed at fault due to the reconstruction of the accident?  Is that officer being "aggressive" for writing up the truth?

So if you want to talk about someones behavior......  how do you explain this diplomatic response that you did over on DC.com?

Re: 4 Door Plymouth Barracuda
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »
What you are looking here is a pure "fantasy"... image_294343

My Dad witnessed the development of many (now historical) pre-production cars as they moved through Chrysler engineering at Highland Park within his 35 year career with Chrysler that began in 1965....

His job took him to every corner of engineering, and his office was 200 feet from the engineering paint shop which was in close proximity to the metal and trim shops. He had the run of engineering which included access to the "security room" where early prototypes were built.

I talked to him about this cobbled up abortion of a Barracuda Dave at ECS is trying to convince the world to be some sort of estranged engineering prototype.....

READY FOR THE ANSWER??  think

IT NEVER EXISTED. PERIOD.  sorry

Oh come now, surely one would think that it  "must have happened" because building such car sounds like SUCH A GOOD IDEA...!! sarcasm alert  ...oh yes, and SUCH AN EXCELLENT use of valuable TIME AND RESOURCES ohhthesarcasm to make a 4-door version of Chryslers first year Pony car when NOBODY ELSE WAS DOING IT!!  (Ford and GM) bad idea!

NOT to mention a BRAND NEW PLATFORM ( called the 1971 B-Body) was currently being developed....SO DO YOU THINK CHRYSLER WOULD SPEND ALL THIS EXTRA MONEY (THEY DIDN'T HAVE AT THE TIME) TO HAND FABRICATE A FOUR DOOR BARRACUDA THAT WAS NEVER PART OF THE PRODUCT PLAN EVER!!!!   - - Just for giggles?  ricky

If such a car EVER EXISTED people like my Dad would have known about. Its a FAKE, a FARSE, and a FABRICATION of FANTASY!  shortbus 

One more thing for you non-believers to ponder....the process of "styling a vehicle" was not as simple as grafting an existing front and rear onto another body. Chrysler would NEVER have gone through "such an exercise" in those days......ESPECIALLY to its sporty short wheel base design vehicle.... eek

Finally, "IF" such an abortion was ever to be created, then one or more "clay bucks" would have been built first....and that would have been expensive.

Chrysler Engineering wasn't like "Romper Room" with a bunch of guys in the corner of the experimental metal shop playing with welders and torches trying to build their own version a 4-door 'Cuda just for "kicks" while their supervisor was on vacation for a week - think about it.  scratchchin

If he wants to build such a car - go ahead!!  But there's no reason to bull**** people into believing that Chrysler actually built a prototype.  Twocents Twocents

No begging off of this one.

Resq302, I said my two cents. There's no reason for me to argue this point further with you.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014 - 01:40:53 PM by TUFCAT »

Offline resq302

« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2014 - 02:58:27 PM »
Resq302, I said my two cents. There's no reason for me to argue this point further with you.

No problem, Tom.   :cheers:  The facts make their own case and the truth shall set you free.   :2thumbs: