Author Topic: '71 v-code Challenger R/T resto... a lot today - 9/21  (Read 13339 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: '71 v-code Challenger R/T resto...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013 - 07:05:25 AM »
I'm looking at the orange plaid seats...Didn't think that was available with GK6  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 74 challenge

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013 - 07:44:32 AM »
2 DAYTONA'S?

...what will it cost to be you for just one hour?

Awesome build love all your cars.
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
    • Houston Mopar Club Connection
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013 - 08:03:02 AM »
I'm looking at the orange plaid seats...Didn't think that was available with GK6  :dunno:

Alan,
As far as I know, it is original. The former plaid interior was in the car when he got it and if my memory serves me, I could swear that the interior code called for orange plaid seats ( could be wrong ). I remember explaining the codes on the tag when he first got the car.... I warned him though to take that tag off and keep it at home prior to sending it off to the paint shop... Worst case situation did happen....

2 DAYTONA'S?

...what will it cost to be you for just one hour?

Awesome build love all your cars.

Well, the Y2 Dodge is a '69 Charger 500 in which the previous owner converted it to a Daytona. All the C500 stuff was put back on when I got the car, just couldn't take off the stripe since it was painted on. The V2 Daytona is a real 440/727/4.10 Dana car....  The Sublime Green '70 Superbee is owned by another friend of mine while he's moving into a new house. While it is over my house, I'm splitting time between it and the '71 ( more time for the '71 )... I'm changing out every wiring harness in the Superbee....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 - 08:06:42 AM by hemi68charger »
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727
'70 Superbird 440 - 4speed

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013 - 10:32:27 AM »
I've got a question.. I've seen two different situations, I'm sure one is incorrect. But, I'm the R/T models, there was the "Challenger" script on the fenders ( placement I'll need to get ) as well as something on the passenger side deck lid along the back edge. Now, for the R/T's, was that "Challenger" again ( which I doubt since there is a script already on the back in between the taillamps or was there an "R/T" emblem? Or, third situation, nothing.....
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013 - 11:48:18 AM »
In 1971 the only "R/T" found on the car is decals on the hood and sides, unless of course it's a stripe delete car.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013 - 11:56:00 AM »
In 1971 the only "R/T" found on the car is decals on the hood and sides, unless of course it's a stripe delete car.

With that said, then there's nothing on the deck lid & no "Dodge" letters on the front of the hood, either with the full hood treatment or not ( just the R/T decal ).....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 - 11:57:59 AM by hemi68charger »
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013 - 01:42:28 PM »
"DODGE" emblem on the deck lid and in the grill is correct.

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013 - 08:56:55 PM »
Starting some more on the interior... Figured out the in's and out's of E-bodies...... Discovered the aft end of the inner rear panel fits under the rear window trim. I have to put the upper window headliner trim on next and then get to the other side.........
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013 - 09:03:39 PM »
With the windows rolled up....The window cranks should be at the 2 o'clock position :2cents:

Offline ek3

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013 - 09:54:28 PM »
I've got a question.. I've seen two different situations, I'm sure one is incorrect. But, I'm the R/T models, there was the "Challenger" script on the fenders ( placement I'll need to get ) as well as something on the passenger side deck lid along the back edge. Now, for the R/T's, was that "Challenger" again ( which I doubt since there is a script already on the back in between the taillamps or was there an "R/T" emblem? Or, third situation, nothing.....
  I have a 71 v code challenger {orig. owner}. late 70 built . it has the R/T emblems on the fenders as well as challenger and the penstar. it has the R/T stripes . it came shipped that way. no R/T is on the trunk..it is my understanding they phased out the R/T emblems during  the 71 production year.

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013 - 11:04:56 PM »
With the windows rolled up....The window cranks should be at the 2 o'clock position :2cents:

Hey Alan...
Nope, I like your :2cents: , but he wanted it in that position ( not that I would have known anyhow )...........  :biggrin:

I'll mention it to him........
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013 - 11:37:13 AM »
More questions...  :)

1. The "Challenger" script for the front fenders, are they the same for both '70 and '71?

2. the window crank spacers on '71's..... Are the fronts and rears different? The YearOne descriptions show they are different. My friend went ahead and ordered the ones that state "thick-style"........ heck, I didn't even know there were different thickness.......... Welcome to the world of E's........ E-world........

3. Finally, for the rear deck lid moulding ( pictured below )...... these are the clips with nuts, what is the white components for?
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: '71 v-code Challenger R/T resto... Continued questions.. 7/21
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013 - 11:41:25 AM »
Actually the script for the new Chall is the same part# as the 70 so yes the script is the same

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013 - 12:26:49 PM »
Gosh I love E Body questions....

70 Challenger script used studs 71 and up were stick-on....Don't know about the new cars...

You use three of the steel clips/nuts for each corner piece and one on each end on the trunk trim. The white plastic fasteners are used for along the trunk lip.

There are three different thicknesses of window crank spacers that I'm aware of.

The thinest ones, maybe 1/8 go in the rear of a Challenger with "cone" shaped springs on the inside of the panel.
The next size thicker, maybe 1/4 do on the front of both Cuda and Challenger
The thickest, maybe 3/4 are for the rear of a Cuda without the springs inside.

The dam window cranks should point to 2 o'clock  :hyper:

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013 - 05:01:00 PM »
The dam window cranks should point to 2 o'clock  :hyper:

I know I know Alan........ I told Hoss, but he wants the handles out of the way, or as "out of the way" as it can be for people getting into the back seats..... You're preaching to the chore buddy..........  :lol:

Thanks for the other tips.......... :)
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727