Author Topic: What did you buy at the show?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Jesus H Chrysler

Re: What did you buy at the show?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012 - 08:50:36 AM »
I was able to find a (kinda) cheap 440 Six Pak intake, coil and throttle brackets for it, new Challenger grille emblem (for the new one), vac plug and hoses for my temp controller (everything in my car was butchered/dry rotted).

Then I made the mistake of walking by the US Car Tool booth and saw they were having a sale on frame connectors.  After a long discussion with the sales rep and later who I assume was the owner I ended up picking up their frame connectors and torque boxes for a little over $300.  Saving the shipping alone was worth the money, but I always like a little show discount too.  :woohoo:

One big disappointment was I missed out on picking up the rims I wanted.  There was a vendor there that was in the corner diagonal between Building T (where the Petty cars were) and the food court.  They had a variety for sale but what caught my eye was a set of Halibrand style wheels that were painted black or dark gray.  They looked a lot like the wheels on my '12 and thought they would look good on my 72.  I ended up leaving early Sat before we got heat stroke and forgot all about them.  We went back Sun just to get those wheels and the vendor was gone.  Does anyone know who that vendor was? 
Yes I own a 1972 Dodge Challenger Convertible T/A S/E with a 440 Six Pak. Can it get any more wrong?

{OO /===\ OO}
(OO==> <==OO)

Greg, in the middle of MA has:
1970 Dodge Coronet 440 "Zom Bee"
1972 Dodge Challenger convertible 440 5 speed.
1973 Dodge Challenger 318 "Brown Bomber"
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Blackberry Pearl.
2001 Jeep Wrangler locked, lifted and lighted.  "Jeep is a registered trademark of Chrysler Corporation"

Offline 7071 challenger

• All you need is Dodge!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012 - 02:08:12 PM »
:iagree:  Hey Robert, looks like you picked up were Cody left off!  :lol:
Glad you found what you needed!  :2thumbs:
Thanks Brad...

Yes, I found a lot of parts I needed, but i still need more!!!  But the things I still need are small and lite, so, it won't be too bad. I am converting my Chally from automatic to 4 speed. I still need shifter, rods, pedals, ect... I had plan to drop by Brewers sunday morning, but they were gone. But, from what I saw saterday, it seems they had only a demo display and not much for sale. hey Brad, (or anybody else), have you ever tried PG Classic in New Brunswick?  From what I heard, some of their stuff is great, some is ****. I am considering getting some of the 4 speed linkage and pedals from them.

Robert

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012 - 02:16:11 PM »
Thanks Brad...

Yes, I found a lot of parts I needed, but i still need more!!!  But the things I still need are small and lite, so, it won't be too bad. I am converting my Chally from automatic to 4 speed. I still need shifter, rods, pedals, ect... I had plan to drop by Brewers sunday morning, but they were gone. But, from what I saw saterday, it seems they had only a demo display and not much for sale. hey Brad, (or anybody else), have you ever tried PG Classic in New Brunswick?  From what I heard, some of their stuff is great, some is ****. I am considering getting some of the 4 speed linkage and pedals from them.

Robert

Yes I bought my gas flip lid cap from them. I'm happy with it. From what I've been told they are not licienced , meaning the pentastar and Chrysler part # won't be on it, so if thats a concern  maybe deal with Dave at Roseville ( thats where I get 90% of my parts, he gives CC.com members a nice discount)) or B/E & A
http://www.beaparts.com/
http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012 - 02:52:35 PM »
How much did you guys spend on those sill plates?
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline spamtank

What did you buy at the show?
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012 - 10:27:16 PM »
I spent $80 on the sil plates.  They were listed as $75 and the guy charged me "tax".  Even at 80 they were a good deal.  I just packed up the roof top carrier on the Mini for the trip back to NH tomorrow.  I forget who I got them from.  But I'll let you know how they fit in a few days.
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012 - 11:13:12 PM »
They had a variety for sale but what caught my eye was a set of Halibrand style wheels that were painted black or dark gray.  They looked a lot like the wheels on my '12 and thought they would look good on my 72.  I ended up leaving early Sat before we got heat stroke and forgot all about them.  We went back Sun just to get those wheels and the vendor was gone.  Does anyone know who that vendor was?

Did the vendor have a young girl with him.  What did the vendor look like.. Two of my buddies have vendor spots where u mentioned.
Both had wheels............
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012 - 07:13:34 AM »
They were listed as $75 and the guy charged me "tax".

This tax is legit......(not RIGHT, but legit).....

This was news to me too.....apparently its a new law in PA that flea market sellers have to collect and pay taxes.

I have a buddy who was selling and he told me how the tax guy makes his rounds asking to see vending licenses, and a record of the taxes collected.

Sheesh....we are getting as bad as NY as far as taxes.

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012 - 07:14:16 AM »

Oh, and a very cool Sunoco pump....

That is a very sweet pump!  Wish I had room for something like that.....

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012 - 07:15:50 AM »
SHADANGO

stopped by and even sat in the seats, turned on the radio and waited....no one showed up

Yeah, we did our usual non-stop parts shopping again this year even though my feet were screaming...LOL

Didnt spend much time at our spot...walked by the CC.com club tent a few times but it was pretty empty when we did.....and we walked through the timeframe for the club lunch (again).......

Its just the lure of the parts I guess...LOL.....

Offline Jesus H Chrysler

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012 - 07:33:04 AM »
AARuFAST, I don't remember who was in the space, I just remember tables and racks of wheels.  This guy was a wheel vendor, most likely a company.  If your friend has a wheel company, or a set of black Halibrands I'd love to know!

Yes I own a 1972 Dodge Challenger Convertible T/A S/E with a 440 Six Pak. Can it get any more wrong?

{OO /===\ OO}
(OO==> <==OO)

Greg, in the middle of MA has:
1970 Dodge Coronet 440 "Zom Bee"
1972 Dodge Challenger convertible 440 5 speed.
1973 Dodge Challenger 318 "Brown Bomber"
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Blackberry Pearl.
2001 Jeep Wrangler locked, lifted and lighted.  "Jeep is a registered trademark of Chrysler Corporation"

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012 - 07:37:23 AM »

Oh, and a very cool Sunoco pump....

Loved that pump also!Will make a nice display piece.

I spent too much, will have to work some more overtime to pay for it all!  :banghead:  I got a dual snorkel air cleaner for the road runner, the heat shield to go with it, black arm rest bases and trunk extensions for the Duster.Nothing for the `cuda as I`m going to wait till I have more cash to get new door panels and headliner to redo the interior over the winter.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012 - 07:43:22 AM by torredcuda »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012 - 09:24:38 AM »
The sunoce pump is cool,  i can actually remember in my hometown years back the sunoce station had the same ones.  So was tricity offering good prices on the bumpers?  Thats my next cost, and want to explore all options
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012 - 11:55:28 AM »
The sunoce pump is cool,  i can actually remember in my hometown years back the sunoce station had the same ones.  So was tricity offering good prices on the bumpers?  Thats my next cost, and want to explore all options

Tricity charged me $325+tax at the show with my old front bumper as a core ($70).

I couldnt get one thru Dave at Roseville, so went with Tricity....people seem to think they are the best......from what I saw so far it looks great....

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012 - 11:57:23 AM »
Guys wait a minute, I didn't purchase that Sunoco pump I only took a couple photos of it.   

It wasn't for sale,  only on display. I couldn't afford it even if it was.....

I'm guessing it was a early 70's pump..

Vin..................
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012 - 03:52:46 PM by vinb »

Offline kingkuda

• 71 Cuda project
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012 - 04:05:41 PM »

Bought some exhaust tips (stainless) for 72 RR from Dales Cuda Shop; rear left and right frame rail ends for my 74 Cuda in swap area - I wanted to see the car they were taken from as they were nearly perfect; replacement front turn lenses for the 71 Cuda from B/E & A - (thanks, Mike R).

Went all three days; back of my legs got fried ... (and I am from Florida!).  Lost a couple pounds too as well as follow a buddy and share time looking and drooling over different project cars there.  Especially the Hemi White/Red interior Super Bee (less motor of course).  Enjoyed studying the 70 AAR B5 unrestored car - I don't often get on the forum due to work so I don't know if the owner is a member...

Can't wait for the Nats next month - will have my son with me on this trip.
Welcome to the Fishbowl and BirdNest

71 Cuda 383-4spd E5
72 Cuda 340-4spd E5
74 Cuda 360 Auto
72 Roadrunner 400+ Auto C7
69 Roadrunner 383 Auto 999
2010 Challenger RT Classic
92 Stealth RT
85 Dodge Turbo Z